The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Pen Won't You Buy?

pens nibs clips nazis

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#241 rokurinpapa

rokurinpapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:06

I cannot answer with an air of confidence.  There is a considerable difference in  the kind of my tastes between the past and the present.  

rokurinpapa

Sponsored Content

#242 jcm499

jcm499

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:57

I think I’m just about through with celluloid. Vintage celluloid pens always seem to have warped or shrunk just enough to make them feel, at best, a little off. Temperature, humidity … they are just too picky.

#243 Stylo_dOr

Stylo_dOr

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:09

I think I’m just about through with celluloid. Vintage celluloid pens always seem to have warped or shrunk just enough to make them feel, at best, a little off. Temperature, humidity … they are just too picky.

And don't forget light -- excessive light exposure causes celluloid to dry out and become fragile.

#244 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2019 - 13:18

Visconti Homo Sapiens, Aurora 88, Delta Dolce Vita and Waterman Serenite, all have hard as nail nibs and poor inkflow.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#245 warblerick

warblerick

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2019 - 13:34

For me, two pens I have had issues with that I will not buy or own are any Visconti, or any TWSBI. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pens, nibs, clips, nazis

Sponsored Content

|