What Is Your Profession?

Omaslover

Retired, I do not recall whether other people used fountain pens because that was not a significant thing as it is here and now. Easier than explaining what I did, I engaged regularly with a variety of senior managers to CEOs of different companies, not to mention lawyers, so I guess some of them used fountain pens. I am pretty sure all the more technically oriented people among clients or staff used ballpoints.

X

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• Astronymus

• mitto

• Omaslover

Engineer (Aeronautical) and each time I look I see more and more fp users: it's great to see. Mostly Lamys and Parkers.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours".

Housewife. Graphic artist by training but all my job skills are obsolete. Head cashier and part time-bookkeeper (also transportation crew chief and sometimes shopper) for my husband's sideline business/midlife crisis (he's a software engineer, but runs a mobile bakery on the side -- I suppose it's better than him buying a Camaro, in that it generally *makes* money, but I wouldn't have to do stuff for a muscle car other than taking it in for oil changes...).

Additionally I am the (sole) trustee for a trust fund. Which is not nearly as glamorous as it sounds.... B)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I work as a logger, using horses most of the time to extract timber. Can't say I know of any others.

Middle management, (situated right below the VPs), of a medium sized, service oriented American Corporation. I think im the only one in the building that uses a fp :( ... but I keep hoping to change that. :)

- Anthony

I work in a print shop (CSR). Generally speaking, we use pencils more than pens. I do love my mechanical pencils. Best part about the job is that I have access to all the paper I want. 20 lb. copier bond, though, isn't the most FP friendly.

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

Hey, Kataphract!

I wonder if you know Bob Wallace, who's also retired but still does a bit of this and that for JPL.

I'm an animation professional, and I work with a stylus on a Cintiq, but when I write, I use a fountain pen. I go to meetings with one as well, cause you have to make the odd note.

I don't have a job, I have a hobby: internal IT-help desking for certain company. No-one else in the house uses fountain pens.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Hey, Kataphract!

I wonder if you know Bob Wallace, who's also retired but still does a bit of this and that for JPL.

I'm an animation professional, and I work with a stylus on a Cintiq, but when I write, I use a fountain pen. I go to meetings with one as well, cause you have to make the odd note.

Doesn't ring any bells - my father in law is the one who would have known everyone.

I have a cheap stylus for my computer (Huion), but haven't used it much yet.

Psychologist by training; hospital administrator at present time. I have one colleague who also uses fountain pens. Our attempts to convert others have never been fruitful.

Regional Facilities Manager, currently looking after a banking client with over 6 million sq ft of branches, offices and data centres.......yes I'm the only fp user

Working historian, who works on Latin America. Also, a professor. Have one of my grad students use fountain pens and hope to convert others (the one who is using them already had one).

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

I teach science and math in a small rural high school. I have two students who make fountain pens (and ballpoints). I also have quite a number of students who use fountain pens. I don't know if I can take any credit for it, but it's pretty fun to see.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

From my post in the previous thread, referenced by Freddy:

I was studying chemical engineering at university when I bought my first FPs. They got lost over the moves that came after dropping out, and I went back to mostly using mechanical pencils for writing. I was waiting tables when I rediscovered fountain pens, and also running a table top, pen and paper fantasy RPG, which took a lot of writing, especially since when I was playing instead of running, I was always the one who took the notes. Eventually, I went to work in a sock factory, but as that declined, I went back to school, got my RHIT, and now I'm the medical records coordinator for a critical access behavioral health agency, which is to say, I'm a file clerk.

I've since lost the file clerk job, where I converted at least one or two others to use of fountain pens. I decided to go into a field with a lot more demand than health information management, to wit, nursing. I'm now a CNA, and I generally carry two pens: one of my FPs, and a chrome-plated stylus ballpoint.

Hotel night auditor. I'm the only FP user. I've given pens to a few co-workers but I think they were mainly interested for the colored inks and I haven't seen them using them since their manager dictated blue or black only.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

another teacher here

one colleague uses a fountain pen (caught the disease from me)

a handful of students, but I do not promote the purchasing of anything, except books, among my students