Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2017

alc3261

Hello everyone, its raining here in Northern Minnesota and it should be snowing; no one knows quite what to do.

fpn_1484937900__img_7005.jpg

fpn_1484938008__img_7007.jpg

fpn_1484938031__img_7010.jpg

Tomoe River paper

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• perfaddict

• eliweisz

• Cryptos

What a pretty pink!

I recently got a sample of Noodler's Red Black and am quite pleased with it. It's a very dark red that, to my eye, still looks red, rather than brown. Waterproof, too.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

My work pen, having survived being flung across the room and landing with the nib impaled into the flooring.

32386613996_257a874ec0_c.jpg

31583145504_03ea1b2961_c.jpg

fpn_1484986456__img_2656.jpg

fpn_1484986486__img_2657.jpg

fpn_1484986500__img_2658.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/08240012.jpg

Crummy picture, because one of my darling family members snatched the charger of my half-decent camera, so I had to resort to... well, whatever you want to call this one.

Got that pen a few days ago and oh man, it's pretty great. Still not sure about the model, though - whatever I do, there's always one thing that doesn't quite add up. At this point, I'm wondering if it's actually a Frankenpen with a mismatched cap or something like that.

(the writing is a part of a story I'm currently working on - I accidentally used the wrong notebook as background, whoops)

On behalf of my 7-year-old:

post-133701-0-10416900-1485025778_thumb.jpg

I am sorry it's sideways, this is the first time I have successfully posted a picture to this forum.

http://515-park.com/images/2017-01-21.png

The Lamy is just about empty so I'm looking forward to trying the Noodler's samples... I think I will just dip them so my impatience doesn't get the best of me!

Waterman absolute brown is my new favorite ink. I love how it shades even with an EF nib like this. And yeah, I misspelled 'Sheaffer'.Oops.post-130678-0-02684700-1485074317_thumb.jpg

Edited by swordofthedove

Hello everyone, its raining here in Northern Minnesota and it should be snowing; no one knows quite what to do.

fpn_1484937900__img_7005.jpg

Tomoe River paper

Nice set. Beautiful pen and ink :)

Today I'm using TWSBI Diamond 580 Al converted to rollerball:

32284905302_140935a76c_b.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed. Did transformation from pen to rolleerball was complicated? Or you just transplant roller's section to pen, and it works??

I really like a pen. And your handwriting :)

32409527706_8c29762874_c.jpg

This nib writes great! :)

And, my "toy" arrived. Finally, afrer 5 weeks! :)

f20205a8edad.jpg

Edited by Nikaa

Wow! I'm impressed. Did transformation from pen to rolleerball was complicated? Or you just transplant roller's section to pen, and it works??

Pretty easy, it's a threaded rollerball section. Temporary I'm using some duct tape to fill some gaps, but one of these days I'm going to look for some O-rings to replace duct-tape. It's a fine/medium tip and never dry.

And, my "toy" arrived. Finally, afrer 5 weeks! :)

f20205a8edad.jpg

Ohhh Bexley! Great pens!

Pretty easy, it's a threaded rollerball section. Temporary I'm using some duct tape to fill some gaps, but one of these days I'm going to look for some O-rings to replace duct-tape. It's a fine/medium tip and never dry.

Ohhh Bexley! Great pens!

Duct tape :yikes: the simplest solutions are the best :)

Bexley - this model is from 2001, bought new, so 15 years lay and waited. It seems to me a little dry, and has a problem with the start without pressure. I suppose, I have to write it a little more or it need a decent bath. Hope one of this will help.... But the nib is flexible, which I like.

Edited by Nikaa

A Lamy 2K with a medium nib. Sorry for the bad lighting, it's already dark here and I have no better lamps. The actual writing is me copying a part of a speech by Neil Gaiman
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Heldinnen/22-01-20172_zpso6pw90um.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Heldinnen/22-01-2017_zpsmugjszi3.jpg

Edited by Heldin

Been away from the thread just for a couple of days - and it was enough to miss a lot.

32345873246_1f17ca1138_z_d.jpg
Just went out of my comfort zone recently and acquired this Parker Duofold Centennial.
I used it here to sketch the pattern on the tapestry. View on the picture under a different angle in the Artwork thread.
https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/15494-fpns-pen-art-gallery/?p=3771058
Oh, and btw. I got the pen directly from amazon where it was 50% off - probably clearance for the new models.

Another lovely sketch. Keep up the good work! Your new acquisition is quite a looker, congrats!

Eli, that pen, ink and your hand are a very nice mix.

Thank you!

fpn_1484938031__img_7010.jpg

Tomoe River paper

Come rain or come shine, that's a fantastic Bluebird! And you make it write so well.

fpn_1484990919__pelikan_m200_blue_marble

Another Bluebird! Love the nib. And your handwriting.

I use Asa Blue for a year and a half, but never tried it with an extra-fine nib. Looks like a very nice light blue. And your Italic hand is something to envy.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/08240012.jpg

Crummy picture, because one of my darling family members snatched the charger of my half-decent camera, so I had to resort to... well, whatever you want to call this one.

Got that pen a few days ago and oh man, it's pretty great. Still not sure about the model, though - whatever I do, there's always one thing that doesn't quite add up. At this point, I'm wondering if it's actually a Frankenpen with a mismatched cap or something like that.

(the writing is a part of a story I'm currently working on - I accidentally used the wrong notebook as background, whoops)

Sheaffer is Love! Good luck with your novel!

On behalf of my 7-year-old:

attachicon.gif20170121_140109.jpg

I am sorry it's sideways, this is the first time I have successfully posted a picture to this forum.

Is it a Preppy?

http://515-park.com/images/2017-01-21.png

The Lamy is just about empty so I'm looking forward to trying the Noodler's samples... I think I will just dip them so my impatience doesn't get the best of me!

Wow! It's not the ink I mean, but your penmanship.

32409527706_8c29762874_c.jpg

Stunning. Just stunning.

Waterman absolute brown is my new favorite ink. I love how it shades even with an EF nib like this. And yeah, I misspelled 'Sheaffer'.Oops.attachicon.gifIMG_20170120_151233.jpg

Another Sheaffer! Aren't they awesome? And this Waterman Brun Absolu is so easy to fall in love with.

A Lamy 2K with a medium nib. Sorry for the bad lighting, it's already dark here and I have no better lamps. The actual writing is me copying a part of a speech by Neil Gaiman

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Heldinnen/22-01-2017_zpsmugjszi3.jpg

With this capacious piston filler, you'll get a number of Majestic Blue versions: in about a week after filling, it gets darker, gains a lot purple hue, and starts to produce an incredible red sheen. Beware!

Practice, patience, perseverance