• Cryptos

Max Dog,

What a beautiful photo. Thank you for sharing it

Praxim,

I like those pens!

The pen I'm using this afternoon:

694339unknownpen.jpg

‘Translation’, probably most needed:

Today I am using this pen, about which I know nothing at all!

Not its brand, model name, age or where it’s from.

As you would expect; it has a rather fine nib, and no flex at all.

Inked with Diamine Grape

Lovely pen! I'd love to know more about it!

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Hmm, the nibs are all wrong though. I love the stealth hooded nib on the above shown pen.

There's got to be some identifying branding on the pen though, on the ends, or on the converter maybe.

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Aren't Fridays fun. :)

fpn_1510929239__dragonfest_friday.jpg

I drew the wee dragon with the Inca Sol, then went over it with the Baystate Blue...It didnae work. :lol:

Ian

Beautiful! And you even got Baystate Blue to shade!

MB Meisterstuck 146 w/ Montblanc for BMW Blue ink. Kitten included for extra fuzziness.

fpn_1510957816__img_20171117_151456_247.

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Brushing up on my Japanese with Minna no Nihongo vol. 1, a Pilot Kakuno with F nib and Pelikan 4001 Brillant-Braun.

0rZUIw7.jpg

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

*Copied from my introduction post

I got to use my Noodlers Ahab flex nib yesterday. I bought the Ahab because I thought the flex nib would be fun to use, but in reality, I don't use it very much as I mostly just journal and am not very creative. We're inviting some friends over to celebrate my daughter's first birthday next month and I jumped at the chance to address the invitation envelopes. I used an ink sample of J. Herbin Rouge Hematite 1670 that I had which seemed to best fit the occasion. I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the envelope paper, but I had fun doing it. That's what matters right? :) The final product came out acceptable. My words slanted downward slightly. :unsure: I tried to show one of the better words, while getting a close up on the ink. Anyway, happy writing!

dac6hZS.jpg

lwvLFRN.jpg

I've got more than ten (!) pens in the my rotation right now, but I've been using these that I received from Fountain Pen Revolution the other day: a Muft and an Airmail 69T. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the flex nib on the Airmail pen has been working thus far.

20171119_133435_1.jpg

i picked up this Menlo from the Edison Pen co. at the Michigan pen show. It was my first pen show and i had a great time look forward to many more.

post-134321-0-91713100-1511140302_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was "pen flush" day. As soon as the restroom became free, though, I used our old bulb syringe to rinse out the rest.

Pictured is a Pilot Kakuno demonstrator with a Fine nib and a residue of Pelikan 4001 Brillant-Braun. Ready for a good bath and a refill of ink.

gUuKZm0.jpg

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Pilot Vanishing Point with Private Reserve American Blue!!!

I have a couple of these pens (a new blue carbonesque and a mustard from 2010) and I like every thing about them.

post-30197-0-89150900-1511622294_thumb.jpg

Edited by bhbarto

Line variation from modern pens:

Pilot Custom 912 FA 14K soft nib with Montblanc Mystery Black

Montblanc 146 14C Oblique Broad nib with Montblanc Corn Poppy Red

fpn_1511687690__pilot_912_fa_and_mb_146_

Edited by max dog