Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2017

alc3261

Latest additions to my little collection, Pilot Vanishing Point (Carbonesque Green), along with a new 6 pen wrap.

Wonderful VP and penwrap.

35875929263_1ced764cab_z_d.jpg

I'm reall grown fond of my Bexley Prometheus in ebonite lately. It has a fine nib and I needed to get used to it a bit, but now, I like it even more. The ink is nioi sumire which may sound a bit strange, but seems to be a perfect fit for that pen atm.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• perfaddict

• eliweisz

• Cryptos

New-to-me Platinum 3776 in "Stone Wall" (Ishigaki, also called "Calico") celluloid with a music nib. Shown paired with its sibling in Tortoise celluloid. Writing some notes with that lovely, broad line...

http://i.imgur.com/18B7S30l.jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

New-to-me Platinum 3776 in "Stone Wall" (Ishigaki, also called "Calico") celluloid with a music nib. Shown paired with its sibling in Tortoise celluloid. Writing some notes with that lovely, broad line...

That's a pair of gorgeous looking pens - WOW !

Edited by mports

Wow...gorgeous pens...and with music nib...I was considering Sailor 1911 L with music nib but this...is beautiful :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Art can mean different things to different people. To me this page of writing . . . is art :wub:

There's something in the formation of your letters that hints at, and reminds me of, Chinese or Japanese style Kanji. :wub:

Thank you for continuing to share. :)

Ohhh :blush:. Thanks so much Tas, for your kind encouragement.

fpn_1503127350__pilot_912_fa_drawing_sam

fpn_1503127406__pelikan_m200_italic_writ

I love the orange ink! Very pretty, especially written in your italic nib.

Ooh, like <3

Speaking of fountainpen art, that is my current outdoor sketching kit, including a Lamy AL-Star currently equipped with a fine nib and inked with sailor black nanoink.

I'm very satisfied with that choice because I don't have any emotional bonds to that pen and a replacement in any case.

36625899806_8b5c95d13c_z_d.jpg

I really enjoy seeing artists' "kits". Yours looks really light weight and portable. Lovely!

Latest additions to my little collection, Pilot Vanishing Point (Carbonesque Green), along with a new 6 pen wrap.

That is a wonderful colour match! :wub:

Too beautiful for words! :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

fpn_1503310632__210817.jpg

I admire your dedication to Permanent Blue. :) Have you emptied a bottle or two yet? Yours looks consistent most of the time, but my bottle of Permanent Blue seems to change its appearance depending on the pens I put it into. I enjoy using it in the right kind of pen (finer, wet writer).

Some gorgeous pens on show here. :puddle:

This one is more an acquired taste. :lol:

fpn_1503319172__zoblo.jpg

Ian

IMG_20170821_005832.jpg

Aye - I have the same pen in "fine" and it's a firehose! I find using a dry ink like Pelikan 4001 works best.

Some gorgeous pens on show here. :puddle:

This one is more an acquired taste. :lol:

fpn_1503319172__zoblo.jpg

Ian

Wonderful handwriting!!

I'm reall grown fond of my Bexley Prometheus in ebonite lately. It has a fine nib and I needed to get used to it a bit, but now, I like it even more. The ink is nioi sumire which may sound a bit strange, but seems to be a perfect fit for that pen atm.

I acquired the same model Prometheus with a medium nib a few months ago. It has been in my daily rotation since. Mine is inked with Iroshizuki Yama-Guri and is my favorite Bexley of the five I have.

For me it is a toss up between vintage celluloid and ebonite as my favorite pen material, except urushi lacquer, but that's a whole other universe. This ebonite is superbly polished and the color is unusual in a good way. The pen is quite reliable and fits my hand well; a perfect every day carry.

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

Sorry, late to the Sun Eclipse party. Had to work all day and didn't get a chance to do this until this evening.

According to the ancient Chinese myth, the total eclipse is caused by the Dragon Swallowing the sun:

35917042223_61afa654f4_c.jpg

The pen is a Weidlich if anyone is curious. The ink is Callifolio Noir.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

I admire your dedication to Permanent Blue. :) Have you emptied a bottle or two yet? Yours looks consistent most of the time, but my bottle of Permanent Blue seems to change its appearance depending on the pens I put it into. I enjoy using it in the right kind of pen (finer, wet writer).

Thanks, Snak! I am on the way to emptying my second bottle. Your observation about appearance depending on how applied to paper by nib-type is spot-on.

I show up on this thread just to drool.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Not just using them but just got them...acquisitions from the pen show today :)

(except the Stipula which was ground to 0.3mm today)

-Stipula Etruria Rainbow Blue with 0.3mm (Japanese fine)

-Franklin Christoph P66 Italian Ice with flex nib

-Ryan Krusac Wood Burl (totally forgot the wood type) with 1,1 stub

-Newton Pens Orville Small Vesuvius Ebonite with architect nib

post-134999-0-94362200-1503710841_thumb.jpeg

Edited by tgoto

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Not posted a photo here for ages.

Here is my trusty work horse :wub:

For me, this is an all around winner. An utter joy to write with and even better to sketch with. I can't recommend this pen highly enough.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_malta_close_up_namisu_nova_titanium_ef_nib.jpeg
Pen: Namisu Nova with its dreamlike Titanium EF nib by Bock.
Ink: A mix.
Paper: Cass Art 300gsm Watercolour.