• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• perfaddict

• eliweisz

• Cryptos

How do I post pictures of my EDC on here?

You can host the picture on a site like imgur.com and then link the picture here.

A question, if I may. When linking to imugr does one link to the album or simply copy across the bbcode? I may be misunderstanding how it works, and imugr is the only picture site I use right now, though I am new to that too.

Many thanks,

Nell

I use flickr and post the link of the image between two image tags like:

[ img ]link goes here [ /img ]

^

The tags between the brackets have to be without spaces. If I had posted it without, the tags would've simply disappeared.

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

A question, if I may. When linking to imugr does one link to the album or simply copy across the bbcode? I may be misunderstanding how it works, and imugr is the only picture site I use right now, though I am new to that too.

Many thanks,

Nell

If using Imgur it is ultra easy: bring up one photo you'd like to link to and click on it. In the floating window that pops up you see a series of links on the right, with buttons to the right of them that say "copy". I use the second one, "direct link", click on copy (which puts the link in your clipboard) then come back to FPN. Click on the "Image" icon, and in the "Image properties" floating window, simply click in the "url" input box and paste the link (Ctrl-V for PC).

When on Imgur, note at the bottom of the floating window you'll see you can choose different sizes - it may not change your view there, but it puts a different size photo in the link you copy. This makes a difference, as some forum/sites auto-resize photos, and others don't. If they don't, this helps you avoid photos that are too large or too small.

It is about 254% easier to do than all the typing I just did!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Here's an Omas Extra I converted to use an old Waterman Red flexible keyhole nib. It's a smoooooth operator. And probably for sale soon.

post-76584-0-69835800-1502661435_thumb.jpg

post-76584-0-38864500-1502661827_thumb.jpg

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

These are a couple of pens in my pen case today.

36593462386_b55582147d_b.jpg

35805152994_1c4d5af837_b.jpg

36243493260_3368447cc6_b.jpg

36243475540_6caa35e4ba_b.jpg

Pens and Inks:

Nakaya Sumiko Camellia (Flexible OBB ground from BB nib by John Mottishaw) with Sailor Jentle Black ink.

Sailor 1911 Realo LE Hana Maki-E Camellia (Oblique ground from Music nib by Gena at nibs.com) with Sailor (Bungbox) Ink of Naotora.

Paper: Tomoe River (White)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU for linking to this wonderful "How To," and many, many THANK YOUs to Wim for creating it. Now, I understand the Upload and will likely use it at least as often as "Attach" in the msg editor. :notworthy1:

35805152994_1c4d5af837_b.jpg

Art can mean different things to different people. To me this page of writing . . . is art :wub:

There's something in the formation of your letters that hints at, and reminds me of, Chinese or Japanese style Kanji. :wub:

Thank you for continuing to share. :)

Edited by Tas

Ooh, like <3

Speaking of fountainpen art, that is my current outdoor sketching kit, including a Lamy AL-Star currently equipped with a fine nib and inked with sailor black nanoink.

I'm very satisfied with that choice because I don't have any emotional bonds to that pen and a replacement in any case.

36625899806_8b5c95d13c_z_d.jpg

Latest additions to my little collection, Pilot Vanishing Point (Carbonesque Green), along with a new 6 pen wrap.

Edited by mports