Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2017

alc3261

Three brand new pens to me, all turning up within a day!

I seriously love the Pilot 91 with a CI grind, the combination of the soft flex, wet line, and the grind tick all my boxes!

post-137617-0-39599000-1500948207_thumb.jpg

Edited by GranTorino25

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• perfaddict

• eliweisz

• Cryptos

Just a quick-and-dirty phone cam photo with no writing sample - such a slacker! But here's today's pens for getting caught up on correspondence: an early 1920s Sheaffer 8C paired with the 2015 Aurora Optima 365. Separated by nearly a century but both are an utter delight to write with.

http://i.imgur.com/MtsgvvIh.jpg

That Sheaffer looks wonderful

http://i.imgur.com/MBxmwH9.jpg

My Pilot Decimo. Love this pen!

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i

WOW! One does not see this older model of the VP much since it was discontinued in mid - late 90's. It was the only size then and came in just three color variations: Black, Green and a matte black. It was just right for smaller hands. Given the popularity Vanishing Points have gained since then, it was a wise choice to go with the larger size, yet I was delighted when they came out with the Decimo model for the smaller handed folks.

Thanks for sharing this! Your drawing is awesome!

Thanks for sharing!35784865241_f2cffcbdc5_c.jpg

Just saw a green come up for sale, so I jumped on it.

Parker, be sure to add that picture to the ink bottle doodle thread: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/325681-show-us-your-doodle-favorite-ink-bottles/

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I purchased my first fountain pen in March of this year - I started with the Lamy Al-Star. Wasn't intending on adding to that one but I disliked the grip so much that I kept looking and wound up with one...no TWO TWSBI pens. I love both of them. Collected a good amount of both bottled inks and samples, and found myself coveting...errrr...interested in even more expensive pens! I was quite good...until I found a lovely Platinum Century 3776 which I just love. Eventually I may add to this little stable of pens - perhaps during the holidays - perhaps not. Time will tell on that one. I love my 3776 AND my TWSBIs so much that I don't see me straying too far from them.

So meet my pen stable - and the paper is a Rhodia lined pad that comes punched for a 3 ring binder. The Century 3776 is a medium nib, I missed the nib size for that one.

post-136660-0-99458000-1501623992_thumb.jpg

Edited by Catrin

I also like the red theme.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I purchased my first fountain pen in March of this year - I started with the Lamy Al-Star. Wasn't intending on adding to that one but I disliked the grip so much that I kept looking and wound up with one...no TWO TWSBI pens. I love both of them. Collected a good amount of both bottled inks and samples, and found myself coveting...errrr...interested in even more expensive pens! I was quite good...until I found a lovely Platinum Century 3776 which I just love. Eventually I may add to this little stable of pens - perhaps during the holidays - perhaps not. Time will tell on that one. I love my 3776 AND my TWSBIs so much that I don't see me straying too far from them.

So meet my pen stable - and the paper is a Rhodia lined pad that comes punched for a 3 ring binder. The Century 3776 is a medium nib, I missed the nib size for that one.

It's going to get difficult to stop now. :)

35935016950_e817f74b9c_z_d.jpg

Sketching a cereal monster for the kids today with my Bexley Prometheus (F) in ebonite and a cartridge of Diamine Saddle Brown. Now I'm also going to write a letter with it ;)

It's going to get difficult to stop now. :)

I know myself well when it comes to my obsess....errr....interests. My budget for such things is tiny and I've certainly used my 2017 FP budget. Right now ink seems to be more of a temptation than more pens - especially after the lovely Century 3776 joined me - I LOVE that pen. I may eventually add a TWSBI Vac7000r mini or a VP/Decimo (if I can find a really good price on the latter) - I do love my TWSBI pens and really like their price point. For now I am reveling in having such a wide variety of inks to share between my 4 pens. The Lamy is dedicated to BSP so I don't count that one in my ink rotation.

I know myself well when it comes to my obsess....errr....interests. My budget for such things is tiny and I've certainly used my 2017 FP budget. Right now ink seems to be more of a temptation than more pens - especially after the lovely Century 3776 joined me - I LOVE that pen. I may eventually add a TWSBI Vac7000r mini or a VP/Decimo (if I can find a really good price on the latter) - I do love my TWSBI pens and really like their price point. For now I am reveling in having such a wide variety of inks to share between my 4 pens. The Lamy is dedicated to BSP so I don't count that one in my ink rotation.

Catrin, I felt compelled to reply, you have great taste - My 3 'proper' pens are a Platinum 3776, a Pilot Decimo and a TWSBI vac mini (with an FPR flex nib). You cannot go wrong with any of them but if I were to compare the Decimo and vac I'd recommend the Decimo as thanks to the nib it is a much more enjoyable writer, as well as the clicky opening being extremely useful.

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i

It's RUBY TUESDAY

fpn_1502202758__ruby_tuesday.jpg

3 Beautiful, flawless writers.

Ian

WOW.

WOW.

Thanks Amberlea

I pretty much say the same to myself every time I lift any of them to use them. :wub:

you can say that again!

Thanks KaB, they are indeed a bit special. well to me anyway. :D

Ian

Excuse the scrawl please, words are Leonard Cohens, pen I just dont know, if you do then please let me know, no makers marks, not even the nib.

post-138039-0-02221200-1502458042.jpg