Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2017

alc3261

WOW! One does not see this older model of the VP much since it was discontinued in mid - late 90's. It was the only size then and came in just three color variations: Black, Green and a matte black. It was just right for smaller hands. Given the popularity Vanishing Points have gained since then, it was a wise choice to go with the larger size, yet I was delighted when they came out with the Decimo model for the smaller handed folks.

Thanks for sharing this! Your drawing is awesome!

Thanks for sharing!35784865241_f2cffcbdc5_c.jpg

Fair winds and following seas.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• perfaddict

• eliweisz

• Cryptos

WOW! One does not see this older model of the VP much since it was discontinued in mid - late 90's. It was the only size then and came in just three color variations: Black, Green and a matte black. It was just right for smaller hands. Given the popularity Vanishing Points have gained since then, it was a wise choice to go with the larger size, yet I was delighted when they came out with the Decimo model for the smaller handed folks.

Thanks for sharing this! Your drawing is awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the kind words. I do have another one of this version in burgundy. So I guess they do offer them in that color also back in the 90's :)

I like the modern VPs because they are beefy, but this one is perfect for sketching because they are light and feels more nimble.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

35784865241_f2cffcbdc5_c.jpg

I love these old Vanishing Points. I still have two. Far more comfortable in my hand than my newer style. Love the drawing too!

Karas Kustoms Fountain K with Shimmering Seas and a Tombow refitted with a Faber Castell Writink nib (fits nicely without the 'hook' on the Writink feed.)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/scotkane/IMG_8848_zpsljk0aw2w.jpg

I love these old Vanishing Points. I still have two. Far more comfortable in my hand than my newer style. Love the drawing too!

Thank you for your kind comment.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

fpn_1500301897__vac_mini.jpg

I was using my TWSBI vac mini and it broke :(

Oh no...hopefully it can be fixed easily...

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Really nice drawing!

I am writing with the Caran d'ache Geneve fountain pen that arrived today. Have to find my way with her, still. The first two lines are unpleasant, then she starts to write smoothly. The ballpoint writes delicious by the way.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/marijn_album/set_zpsorvvcnm0.jpg

Caran d'ache's pens are amazing :)

Oh no...hopefully it can be fixed easily...

TWSBI is sending me a new part for the pen, luckily.

fpn_1500474132__vp.jpg

I just wrote a letter with my VP

TWSBI is sending me a new part for the pen, luckily.

fpn_1500474132__vp.jpg

I just wrote a letter with my VP

Good service from TWSBI :)

Your VP and the ink are great too!

I have Diamine Claret but it is a little too pink. Yama-budo is on my wish list.

http://i.imgur.com/TjPwOey.jpg

Two VP in a row :)

All black one looks great!

WOWza! Look at those Black matte VP's coming out of "stealth" mode and "showing" themselves off! Thanks, folks for sharing them! There was a an early version in the faceted model, wasn't there?

PENWASH - How about posting a picture of the Burgundy one? Haven't seen that one in "forever!" :D If you ever want to part with it let me know! I might be interested.

Fair winds and following seas.

Just a quick-and-dirty phone cam photo with no writing sample - such a slacker! But here's today's pens for getting caught up on correspondence: an early 1920s Sheaffer 8C paired with the 2015 Aurora Optima 365. Separated by nearly a century but both are an utter delight to write with.

http://i.imgur.com/MtsgvvIh.jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Trotting out the MB Solitaire Legrand and the newly acquired Lamy Studio today.

http://i.imgur.com/DIuRwIk.jpg

Trotting out the MB Solitaire Legrand and the newly acquired Lamy Studio today.

http://i.imgur.com/DIuRwIk.jpg

I can't believe it. Now I gotta buy a Studio. So pretty.

I just got this gorgeous 1937 Mabie Todd Swan 205/63.

It writes as beautifully as it looks :)

post-134999-0-70376400-1500941504_thumb.jpg