Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2017

alc3261

@tmenyc, yes it is one of the Jim Rouse / Franklin Christoph customisations. It's really quite soothing to look at, which is nice because...

fpn_1487415952__grief.jpg

Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA

Sailor rikyu cha

Tomoegawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• perfaddict

• eliweisz

• Cryptos

Another amazing sample! You know your nibs ;)

So elegant. Here the MB Permanent Blue is looking more pale than usual.

Accidentaly, I learned the story of your custom pen. Hope everything will be fine with it (and with you) - better later than never. The Legacy can be a keeper, and probably this 51 OB will bring you more joy than its Duofold cousin did. Happy writing!

Here, another pen loaned by my generous friend - Harley Davidson, model name unknown, Medium nib. Inked with Piper Royal Blue by Franklin-Christoph:

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/676/32503543245_ef50f19ed5_c.jpg

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/727/32507275565_2f809efd9b_c.jpg

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/628/31695790163_f7ded7f31c_c.jpg

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/289/32462913346_a5e5a86602_c.jpg

This pen was made by Stypen. The orange one used to be my regular writer 20 years ago, and also the clip is broken and the body is now cracked, the nib is still exceptionally smooth. I also have a grey one, still using it with Baystate blue (not such a great idea: the body is now grey and blue...). I now a black o e was made, and a red one of my memory serves me well. Beautiful pics by the way.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

:) + :crybaby:

;)

fpn_1487241269__leg1.jpg

Beautiful indeed! Makes me think of another fantasy Legacy - Orange & Black.

I always hate how my "not actually sitting down to WRITE" handwriting looks compared to everyone else's but had a fountain pen related blessing yesterday and am using that pen now:

attachicon.gifLRM_EXPORT_20170217_083802.jpg

attachicon.gifLRM_EXPORT_20170217_083810.jpg

Oooh what a find!

This is a very special ink. I use it in a Parker Duofold Jr with a very wet OB nib. Incredible shading, crazy sheen.

This pen was made by Stypen. The orange one used to be my regular writer 20 years ago, and also the clip is broken and the body is now cracked, the nib is still exceptionally smooth. I also have a grey one, still using it with Baystate blue (not such a great idea: the body is now grey and blue...). I now a black o e was made, and a red one of my memory serves me well. Beautiful pics by the way.

Thanks a lot - I've been too lazy to do a proper research, and now everything is clear. Unfortunately, this smooth writer has its barrel insert broken - it catches the cartridge, and you need a plier to re-ink the poor thing.

Thinking about gaps in my ink 'collection', using a Sheaffer NoNonsense, fine nib

32604109580_f4a97b38c7_c.jpg

Very nice!

Here, an Italix Parson's Essential with a new Fine Cursive Italic nib/section unit. Writes like a dream:

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/510/32610317550_e8c52f90fb_c.jpg

Edited by eliweisz

Practice, patience, perseverance

Thinking about gaps in my ink 'collection', using a Sheaffer NoNonsense, fine nib

LizB, :wub: What is the ink?

;)

Beautiful indeed! Makes me think of another fantasy Legacy - Orange & Black.

Oooh what a find!

This is a very special ink. I use it in a Parker Duofold Jr with a very wet OB nib. Incredible shading, crazy sheen.

Thanks a lot - I've been too lazy to do a proper research, and now everything is clear. Unfortunately, this smooth writer has its barrel insert broken - it catches the cartridge, and you need a plier to re-ink the poor thing.

Very nice!

Here, an Italix Parson's Essential with a new Fine Cursive Italic nib/section unit. Writes like a dream:

Eli, :wub: I have not had a chance to practice this script, but I shall do so again! I'm so inspired by your post!

Skysora, unfortunately that ink is a happy accident. It is Visconti Sepia filled in a pen that had dried up Skrip Green in it that I hadn't cleaned out properly. I wish Visconti Sepia did look like that, but it doesn't.

Skysora, unfortunately that ink is a happy accident. It is Visconti Sepia filled in a pen that had dried up Skrip Green in it that I hadn't cleaned out properly. I wish Visconti Sepia did look like that, but it doesn't.

Aha! It's a gorgeous color. Happy Accident is a great name for it, too :)

fpn_1487543731__fullsizerender_12.jpg[/

Check out Diamine Ochre. It is more brown than honey, but maybe that will work for you.

It's a beautiful pen. Good luck in your search for the perfect ink.

@tmenyc, yes it is one of the Jim Rouse / Franklin Christoph customisations. It's really quite soothing to look at, which is nice because...

fpn_1487415952__grief.jpg

Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA

Sailor rikyu cha

Tomoegawa

E_o_C, I think that FA nib suits your hand. Do you sometimes wish the FA nib's finest fine is just a bit finer? Because I sometimes do. And I notice you have sorted out your Tomoe River paper sourcing! Yay!

You make everything you write look so pretty! :puddle:

Eli, I though this pen had a left oblique nib. Or maybe I am remembering wrong. Did you have the nib changed?

Regardless, I admire your skill with various scripts.

fpn_1487543731__fullsizerender_12.jpg

Ohhh love the look of the bekko! Does it look see through in the right light? Very very pretty. :wub:

Darker brown/black you say. If you stick with Diamine, Macassar is a really dark cool (greenish) brown and Chocolate Brown which is my favourite brown along with MB Toffee Brown, of course, is warmer and gorgeously rich. Iroshizuku Yamaguri a nice cool dark brown and Tsukushi is a less dark, warmer brown.

@SNAK

E_o_C, I think that FA nib suits your hand. Do you sometimes wish the FA nib's finest fine is just a bit finer? Because I sometimes do. And I notice you have sorted out your Tomoe River paper sourcing! Yay!

I still haven't got a good source, I have some, at least enough for now.

Yes, I wish the FA nib wrote finer unflexed, but there's nothing I can do about that. If I ever get lucky on a vintage flex then i will be most happy. Rather unlikely to happen though.

I just noticed - Pilot, Sailor, River. It cannot be a coincidence. Is there a significance to these names in Japan?

Eli, :wub: I have not had a chance to practice this script, but I shall do so again! I'm so inspired by your post!

It's fun to inspire others, especially someone like you! Looking forward for your Kurrent samples.

fpn_1487543731__fullsizerender_12.jpg

Can I recommend Cult Pens / Diamine Deep Dark Brown?

Eli, I though this pen had a left oblique nib. Or maybe I am remembering wrong. Did you have the nib changed?

Regardless, I admire your skill with various scripts.

Everything's fine with your memory - I had a rather tricky Left Oblique Medium Italic, and still keep it. But recently, I purchased a new Fine Cursive Italic nib/section unit from Mr. Ford, and cannot recommend it enough. And - thank you!

Practice, patience, perseverance

Amongst all of these beautiful pens I'll add my very modest "emergency" pen I keep at my desk, for those days where I forget a pen or my pen runs out of ink, or something happens that causes my regular fountain pen to not be available. I have two of them which I bought from Anderson pens. A bit more expensive than Pilot Varsity's but they look more professional for the office setting.

When I get home tonight I should have waiting for me my new TWSBI Vac Mini. Now THAT is exciting.

fpn_1487691729__itoya_blade.jpg

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

A very strange flea market find (the left one on the picture) - looks a bog-standard cheap, unbranded 1950's piston filler, but it's slightly better than the usual stuff - plus, somebody put a very good 14k Bock nib on that thing.
Thing is, the nib is tiny for any pen, but especially for a pen this size (see the Geha Schulfüller next to it, which is about as big but has a nib at least twice the size of that Bock nib). In fact, it's so tiny that you have to grip the pen at the (pretty sharp) threads, which makes it so short that you have to post it. I'm 75% sure the pen wasn't made like that, and I'm actually guessing that this is why the pen ended up at the flea market, because it's not a very practical or aesthetically pleasing arrangement. Luckily, the writing experience absolutely makes up for it. That is a beautiful nib.
The other pen is my most-used daily writer, an early 1950's Geha Schulfüller. I love it, it's got a fairly flexible, well-made, pretty sturdy nib and is exceedingly comfortable to write with.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/DSC_0024.jpg http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/DSC_0030%202.jpg

Please excuse my cruddy handwriting, I'm in the process of remodeling it again, and not entirely sure where I'm going with it yet, so it's a bit of a mess right now.

As always, inspiring pens, ink, paper and writing, not to mention the stories and goodwill that permeate this thread.

fpn_1487700540__img_7191.jpg

The PR American Blue smudged as I was arranging a photo. Alas, another day with ink stained fingers.

fpn_1487700664__img_7196.jpg

fpn_1487700686__sailor_naginata_togi_rib

fpn_1487700704__sailor_1911_large_ms.jpg

fpn_1487700721__montblanc_149_bbb_minusk

fpn_1487700738__pelikan_m800_bb_sorowka.

A special hello to SNAK, hope your summer is going nicely!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch