What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

My recent purchases :)

1. Montblanc - 75th Anniversary Limited Edition Solid 18K Watch (Limited to 75 Pieces)

Cp4QRIn.jpg

Rn6VhTY.jpg

gmjR7IM.jpg

2. Montblanc - 75th Anniversary Limited Edition Mozart Set (Ballpoint Pen, Fountain Pen, Mechanical Pencil) - Limited to 1924 pieces

kzw1SrX.jpg

7fLfVWS.jpg

9zFCmBf.jpg

9huD0tc.jpg

mzo6hQq.jpg

Wow, that set looks amazing, I particularly liked the Pen pouch, it looks very similar to the Visconti 3 pen pouch I just ordered.

Congrats with your recent adquisitions and thanks for sharing with us!

Luis A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ admmarcos:

Congratulations on a distinctive new fountain pen!

What nib does it have?

Does it write well for you?

I'd never heard of this model until you mentioned it today.

It looks like raindrops on a pond surface.

Thank you and enjoy writing with your pen.

Tom K.

Sorry to answer late.

This pen catch others attention due to the circles design and the amethyst (synthetic) stone on the clip. The pen is amazing! And what I noticed is that the body when you put some sun light on it, it becomes lilas, as the stone! The body is made of antracite, a type of coal! Rose gold finishings. Amazing. It writes very well, M nib (the nib size that is my favorite - all purposes and dayily use).

I puted online some pictures on my instagram account : https://www.instagram.com/admmarcos/

Fell free to follow me on there. I am dedicating my Instagram account to Montblanc pictures by the way.

The circles on the cap, as on the body, is to represent the movements of a ballet dancer, it is a feminine version, inspired on the previous Boheme lacquer pearl, but not so feminine as the former.

Take care! ;)

Sorry to answer late.

This pen catch others attention due to the circles design and the amethyst (synthetic) stone on the clip. The pen is amazing! And what I noticed is that the body when you put some sun light on it, it becomes lilas, as the stone! The body is made of antracite, a type of coal! Rose gold finishings. Amazing. It writes very well, M nib (the nib size that is my favorite - all purposes and dayily use).

I puted online some pictures on my instagram account : https://www.instagram.com/admmarcos/

Fell free to follow me on there. I am dedicating my Instagram account to Montblanc pictures by the way.

The circles on the cap, as on the body, is to represent the movements of a ballet dancer, it is a feminine version, inspired on the previous Boheme lacquer pearl, but not so feminine as the former.

Take care! ;)

~ admmarcos:

Thank you so much for the detailed follow-up. Now I understand why its such a distinctive pen.

Unfortunately, where I work and live doesn't have Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter or Google available.

If it did, I'd be honored to follow you as I enjoy your pen images.

It's especially nice to understand the underlying significance of the pen decoration.

Best of all, the M nib writes well for you.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

An old danish MB 300, it´s a buttonfiller, with a steel nib, unfortunately i don´t have the deskstand.

fpn_1508058220__cu4f3788.jpg

fpn_1508058236__cu4f3885.jpg

I love knurled sections... and here I thought that they were an innovation when they appeared on the Starwalkers.

There are some striations on the back of the pen, about 1/3 of the way from the end. I think I've seen some vintage deskpens that are convertible -- a portion of their back end can be removed to convert it to a pen that can be carried. Is that the case here, or are those simply cosmetic? Or are they related to the filling mechanism?

Lovely pen!

D.

Yes, the blind cap from a 212 and 202 fits, and turns it into a "normal" pen.

The "blind cap"! That's the word I was looking for. Thank you.

D.

Managed to get a very good deal on a poor man's Exupéry which I hope to receive when I next arrive on dry land. I chose a Fine nib, but might swap it for an OM. I really like my OB 149, and so this makes me curious for the OM, which I have never had. I also like Medium for daily writing, but as this is often the only choice for used pens, I always get a rarer nib when buying new!

Hello!

I just received my MontBlanc Johann Strauss Ballpoint and I am loving it. I will be doing a review of it soon.

Field_Marshal

Edited by Field_Marshal

fpn_1508074307__img_4933.jpg

The Martele F, Ultra black M and Exupéry OB are currently my companions.

You have a really nice watch there :thumbup:

MB 146

You have a really nice watch there :thumbup:

Indeed.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Picked up this mini pen yesterday: Mozart Meisterstuck Solitaire Platinum-plated. Don't pay full retail very often, however, I've eyed this little pen for a few years and since the Mozart is being discontinued why not. Now time to decide what size nib to exchange the standard M for. I love the matelassé patten and MoP star.

I got in the mail today my first MB fountain pen. Its a 90's 146 in M nib from Zaddick. I have two ballpoint MB's but not a fountain pen. I am enjoying the pen! It looks much nicer in person then the pics. There is just something about black MB's that show off micro scratches in pictures that are hard to see normally.

http://driften.dragonsightsoftware.com/images/MN145M-1.jpg

Here is a pics of my other MB's

http://driften.dragonsightsoftware.com/images/MB-bps.jpg

Driften -

congrats on the 146, and may you continue to enjoy it.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Driften -

congrats on the 146, and may you continue to enjoy it.

I really do enjoy it. I bought its brother 146 B as well, but sent that one off to nibsmith to have it reground into a oblique smooth cursive italic. I switch off between it and a Pelikan M805 for my daily use. My other inked pens sit unused. I am thinking of cleaning out many of my other pens. The 146 is just so nice other pens just don't have the interest they used to.

I am hoping USPS will deliver a Boheme today to add to the MB collection. The tracking says today but has not been updated since it passed through customs on the 18th.

Haven't posted in a while but I've made a few acqisations lately:

• Antoine de saint Exupéry (SE) with matching ink which returned from its nib exchange to EF; lovely shopping experience at the London New Bond Street boutique
  • a matching dark blue foldable Sartorial pen case
  • Urban Spirit pen pouch for six pens
  • Unicef ink
  • Unicef Argumented Paper (blue leather)
  • 1930's Meisterstück 25 Safety
  • 149 (frankenpen with mixed parts from different periods of time; mostly used to complete other pens with correct parts of their time)
  • early resin 149 with 18C nib and friction fit filler; stiff but nice writing OM nib
  • Thomas Mann, with a true medium nib
  • Heritage Rouge et Noir Coral with a soft medium nib
  • mid to late 1930's Meisterstück 104G with a very fine writing medium (???) nib
  • Legends of Zodiacs; the Dog red ink
  • a couple of 1970's inks in "unbreakable" plastic containers

37002920504_4bb553e417_h.jpgP1240713 by pensninks, auf Flickr

37680485132_5f2d2a9b00_h.jpgP1240705 by pensninks, auf Flickr

37456254070_1f7367a2e9_h.jpgP1240719 by pensninks, auf Flickr

Will need to take more pictures soon ;-)

Cheers

Michael

Congratulations, Michael. That's quite a hoard!

Those plastic ink bottles are quite an excellent design, to get the last dregs of ink into your pen.

Thanks for sharing.

Which one?

One is vintage ruby red and the other one is coffee brown.

I assume that the brown ink might has changed over the years. From my experience the inks stay good longer in glass bottles but not in plastic bottles. But I‘m not sure ...

It really is a very orange-like brown.

Cheers

Michael

Haven't posted in a while but I've made a few acqisations lately:

• Antoine de saint Exupéry (SE) with matching ink which returned from its nib exchange to EF; lovely shopping experience at the London New Bond Street boutique
  • a matching dark blue foldable Sartorial pen case
  • Urban Spirit pen pouch for six pens
  • Unicef ink
  • Unicef Argumented Paper (blue leather)
  • 1930's Meisterstück 25 Safety
  • 149 (frankenpen with mixed parts from different periods of time; mostly used to complete other pens with correct parts of their time)
  • early resin 149 with 18C nib and friction fit filler; stiff but nice writing OM nib
  • Thomas Mann, with a true medium nib
  • Heritage Rouge et Noir Coral with a soft medium nib
  • mid to late 1930's Meisterstück 104G with a very fine writing medium (???) nib
  • Legends of Zodiacs; the Dog red ink
  • a couple of 1970's inks in "unbreakable" plastic containers

37002920504_4bb553e417_h.jpgP1240713 by pensninks, auf Flickr

37680485132_5f2d2a9b00_h.jpgP1240705 by pensninks, auf Flickr

37456254070_1f7367a2e9_h.jpgP1240719 by pensninks, auf Flickr

Will need to take more pictures soon ;-)

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

Those ink bottles are awesome! and you have acquired very nice pieces, I'm looking forward to see some of those photos, thank you for sharing your intereresting new arrivals!

Luis A.