The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

• Please log in to reply
1090 replies to this topic

#41 Nathanb

Nathanb

Meisterstück

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:10

You just popped in?

It was while you wait?  How much?

I'm seriously considering changing my fine to a broad on my Heritage 1912.

They ordered the B nib in for me and allowed me to retain the M too it arrived, so was able to wait - the B is divine, you should! 

On the subject of new inks - 1 x Leonardo Red Chalk arrived this afternoon :)

Sponsored Content

#42 jagwap

jagwap

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:45

They ordered the B nib in for me and allowed me to retain the M too it arrived, so was able to wait - the B is divine, you should! 

On the subject of new inks - 1 x Leonardo Red Chalk arrived this afternoon :)

You didn't say how much... I'm wondering if the Hong Kong service centre could help me.

At the moment I find reverse writing on the fine gives a really good fine italic, but with too much feedback and without the spring. To grind or not to grind...

#43 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:40

This just came in last week but I haven't had time to ink it except this morning. 

fpn_1484044359__img_7453.jpg

#44 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:58

This just came in last week but I haven't had time to ink it except this morning. 

Oh...my...goodness!

I would have MADE time.

#45 InkofLife

InkofLife

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 16:45

I picked up my Hemingway set from on hold at the package store yesterday, softening the blow of having to venture out into the snowy South to meet a client when every other person I knew was happily taking a snow day. 

I am a devoted user of Fine nibs but find that on the Writers' Editions, medium also seems to satisfy. My handwriting is atrocious compared to other beautiful samples here, but I take solace in knowing that I often write 10+ legal pad pages a day between professional and avocational pursuits. So this will be a workhorse pen, even if the results are inelegant.

I would describe the color and overall look as "sexy ugly." I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.

Also purchased a green striated Montblanc 142 with a flexy nib that I am enjoying a lot.

Happy inking!

Attached Images

• IMG_1620.JPG

Edited by InkofLife, 10 January 2017 - 16:45.

#46 jagwap

jagwap

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 16:50

That'll do.

You may not have the largest number (maybe you do), but you do have one of the most attractive collections.

What is your favourite to write with? The nib to paper experience.

#47 zaddick

zaddick

BROAD Side Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 17:43

I've never heard anyone refer to the Hemingway as "sexy ugly." :)

It has the classic 139 shape with a vitae inspired color palette. Easy to like in my book, even nice enough to understand why people can pay so much for one.

Enjoy

#48 zaddick

zaddick

BROAD Side Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 17:45

Pravda - is that the 90th skeleton? I am torn between it and the blue hour. I hope MB comes out with one this year that finally gets me to hit the buy button.

#49 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 19:03

Oh...my...goodness!

I would have MADE time.

It's been a difficult few days and I wanted to wait for the right time to be properly psyched about it :) 

**whisper** Its matching OBBB nib is scheduled to follow 2-3 weeks form now ;) 

I picked up my Hemingway set from on hold at the package store yesterday, softening the blow of having to venture out into the snowy South to meet a client when every other person I knew was happily taking a snow day. 

I am a devoted user of Fine nibs but find that on the Writers' Editions, medium also seems to satisfy. My handwriting is atrocious compared to other beautiful samples here, but I take solace in knowing that I often write 10+ legal pad pages a day between professional and avocational pursuits. So this will be a workhorse pen, even if the results are inelegant.

I would describe the color and overall look as "sexy ugly." I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.

Also purchased a green striated Montblanc 142 with a flexy nib that I am enjoying a lot.

Happy inking!

Beautiful pen congratulations! I have always fantasized about a Hemingway but never had the opportunity. Word of caution regarding Permanent Black, high tendency in some batches to stain the ink window. I would test in a less 'precious' pen first. 

That'll do.

You may not have the largest number (maybe you do), but you do have one of the most attractive collections.

What is your favourite to write with? The nib to paper experience.

Jagwap- Thank you! You'll be surprised that my most comfortable/favorite writers are the 1906, 1912 and 1914 Heritages. A skeleton that's very comfortable is the Magical Black Widow 88

Pravda - is that the 90th skeleton? I am torn between it and the blue hour. I hope MB comes out with one this year that finally gets me to hit the buy button.

Zaddick- Yes it's the 90th Skeleton. Since I saw and posted about it in 2014 I never had a moment's doubt about it, just patiently waited for the opportune moment to go for it. I would say that came in the form of a piece that was sealed (both outer box and pen itself) with a recently signed warranty card to make me eligible for a nib exchange all offered at 35% discount :) I also know where you can get a similar deal on the BH if you ever get interested.

Let 2017 come at us with all it's might ;) we'll decide one step at a time? 

#50 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 27,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 19:10

Oooooooooooooooh! I can wait for that:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :puddle:

#51 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to OBBB

• Member - Gold

• 1,556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 19:25

~ Pravda:

I've just returned from a 6 day/5 night trip to Shanghai.

No Internet connection while there as I was out on an island where the Yangtze meets the East China Sea observing assorted endangered bird species.

Logging on to find your post with image above — WOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more dazzling way to kick off 2017?

Looking forward to its super-nib in the weeks to come.

Thank you so much for posting that.

Tom K.

#52 InkofLife

InkofLife

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 21:26

Beautiful pen congratulations! I have always fantasized about a Hemingway but never had the opportunity. Word of caution regarding Permanent Black, high tendency in some batches to stain the ink window. I would test in a less 'precious' pen first. 

Thanks for the word of caution! I had thought a Montblanc ink would be safe. The pen was promptly flushed and looks ok - was only in there a few hours. I will have to rethink what ink to use with this pen. Maybe time to go ink shopping :)

And enjoy your beautiful skeleton pen!

#53 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to OBBB

• Member - Gold

• 1,556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 22:52

fpn_1484079401__shanghai.jpg

fpn_1484076661__five_inks.jpg

Five Inks

fpn_1484079798__ink_and_paper.jpg

Ink and Paper

#54 Mastiff

Mastiff

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:55

Pravda,

As always, thank you for your wonderful picture. You are truly one of our best tone-setters on this forum.

www.instagram.com/fpmastiff

#55 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:12

Pravda,

As always, thank you for your wonderful picture. You are truly one of our best tone-setters on this forum.

Thank you Mastiff, much obliged. I look forward to sharing more pictures and notes of it when the OBBB nib arrives.

#56 jagwap

jagwap

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 14:52

Jagwap- Thank you! You'll be surprised that my most comfortable/favorite writers are the 1906, 1912 and 1914 Heritages. A skeleton that's very comfortable is the Magical Black Widow 88

Excellent. That lowers the chance of jealousy as I have a 1912.  I'm thinking about a change from fine to broad... BB and OBB was too wide for my tiny scrawl.

#57 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 27,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 16:42

Bs make nice gateway drugs to the broader side.  :ninja:  :bunny01:

#58 masterguns

masterguns

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:00

Bs make nice gateway drugs to the broader side.  :ninja:  :bunny01:

I can attest to that.

#59 KJY

KJY

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 17:19

Pravda very nice! Wish you lot of writing pleasure with it!

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):
Appelboom

#60 KJY

KJY

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 17:20

My first purchase this year.

Montblanc I7 cover.jpg

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):