What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

I'm using the Velvet Red in my 146R with a fine nib. Beautiful color for this pen, with very nice shading.

I absolutely hated this ink :/ got two bottles full (only tested it out) that I'm gonna keep for you and Tom Kellie in the future when it's out of stock :)

~ Montblanc William Shakespeare Velvet Red is so well-behaved in any of my fountain pens.

No bleed-through, no feathering, with crisp strokes on student manuscripts and examinations.

The three bottles I have will keep me going, but it's nice to know that a private reserve exists in Dubai.

Tom K.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday I bought the Miles Davis Notebook lined. I like very much the silver cut. The paper is good quality but I still have some malfunction when writing with my JFK 1917 fountain pen as I have on another notebook. I have no issue when I'm writing with it on standard printing paper but maybe I still have to run in it as I have not yet write lot with it.

During my visit my reseller shown me the Unicef skeleton and the POA 2017 in 888 edition in marble and they are both beautiful as the box set of each one but I still want to buy the skeleton more than the POA.

2 bottles of UNICEF ink, a box of UNICEF cartridges and the UNICEF 146 notebook. Love the colour, design and donations behind this project. Undecided on the Classique sized doue FP..

Ultrablack LeGrand, M nib (the only one left) - will ink it over the weekend and decide whether it will stay with me or take the usual trip to Los Angeles / Mike it Work. :)

fpn_1495660258__img_0322.jpg

Ultrablack LeGrand, M nib (the only one left) - will ink it over the weekend and decide whether it will stay with me or take the usual trip to Los Angeles / Mike it Work. :)fpn_1495660258__img_0322.jpg

A great pen. I have one in Classique :)

A great pen. I have one in Classique :)

Yes, it is. Which nib size is yours? I have already inked the pen: smooth, but as suspected the Medium is way too broad for me. I will therefore send it to Mike for the usual modification (EF).

Yes, it is. Which nib size is yours? I have already inked the pen: smooth, but as suspected the Medium is way too broad for me. I will therefore send it to Mike for the usual modification (EF).

Last auto reply I have from Mike says he is not taking new work until Sept 1st. Sorry

Ultrablack LeGrand, M nib (the only one left) - will ink it over the weekend and decide whether it will stay with me or take the usual trip to Los Angeles / Mike it Work. :)

Congratulations. Great looking pen!

Last auto reply I have from Mike says he is not taking new work until Sept 1st. Sorry

Aahh, bad news! Thank you for the information. Hope everything is fine.

Congratulations. Great looking pen!

Thank you! Yes, the matte finish is really nice, and the size fits perfectly. I should add that the balance is quite different from the "normal" 146, probably because of the metal filling knob.

I have the 'F' nib which is my preferred.

Arrived yesterday from Europe: 1 bottle of Unicef ink, 5 packages of cartridges in Corn Poppy Red, & a Jewelry Collection Mozart EF.

I sent my Ultra Black to MB for a NIB exchange. I went with EF and love it. The unfortunate thing is that the NIB exchange took nearly 3 months.

I bought the same pen last night from LCDC!

I asked for an OBB nib, so there might be a long wait.

I bought the same pen last night from LCDC!

I asked for an OBB nib, so there might be a long wait.

And I bought it from LCdC today, a fantastic deal (did you get the deal too?).

I asked for an OBB too.

Edited by Lam1

I sent my Ultra Black to MB for a NIB exchange. I went with EF and love it. The unfortunate thing is that the NIB exchange took nearly 3 months.

Mine's was a little faster. Bought the 'f' since it was the last one but needed an 'EF', so had to use the service. Came back in roughly a bit over 2 months.

PS: Didn't realize that they added a little sticker to cover up the 'F' with 'EF' on the label in the outer box.