What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

I picked this up from the LA Pen Show today from a European seller. This is a Prototype 149 from 1998 with a Mother of Pearl star cap. They were made as a test run for the 75th Anniversary release that happened in 1999. I was told there were only 10-15 of these prototypes ever made and were never released to the public. Actually, I had never heard of this pen nor had I heard of the seller until about an hour before I attended the show. Another FPN member informed me of the pens existence from a seller located in Germany. I messaged that German seller to see if he shipped to the United States. To my surprise, he replied back rather quickly saying he is normally in Italy and Germany but that he happened to be at his 2nd ever US Pen Show this weekend. I was already on my way so we connected rather quickly. Serendipity! Thank you to the two FPN members who replied to my previous post. The first suggesting I consider other MB models, and the second making this specific recommendation. I feel fortunate to have such a unique pen. Simple. Elegant. Amazing.

post-118452-0-38708700-1487386904_thumb.jpg

post-118452-0-23336900-1487386964_thumb.jpg

post-118452-0-95686500-1487386993_thumb.jpg

post-118452-0-21276700-1487387067_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I picked this up from the LA Pen Show today from a European seller. This is a Prototype 149 from 1998 with a Mother of Pearl star cap. They were made as a test run for the 75th Anniversary release that happened in 1999. I was told there were only 10-15 of these prototypes ever made and were never released to the public. Actually, I had never heard of this pen nor had I heard of the seller until about an hour before I attended the show. Another FPN member informed me of the pens existence from a seller located in Germany. I messaged that German seller to see if he shipped to the United States. To my surprise, he replied back rather quickly saying he is normally in Italy and Germany but that he happened to be at his 2nd ever US Pen Show this weekend. I was already on my way so we connected rather quickly. Serendipity! Thank you to the two FPN members who replied to my previous post. The first suggesting I consider other MB models, and the second making this specific recommendation. I feel fortunate to have such a unique pen. Simple. Elegant. Amazing.

Your new 149 looking amazing. I wish I had that kind of luck.

May I ask what size nib it has?

Your new 149 looking amazing. I wish I had that kind of luck.

May I ask what size nib it has?

Thank you! I still can't believe I got my hands on it so quickly. Considering a few things, the seller is usually in Europe and there were only 10-15 ever made in the world. It has a fine nib.

Thank you! I still can't believe I got my hands on it so quickly. Considering a few things, the seller is usually in Europe and there were only 10-15 ever made in the world. It has a fine nib.

Does he have one in EF? :-)

Does he have one in EF? :-)

It is possible to swap nibs on a 149 or just put the cap onto a compatible pen with an EF nib.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

888007888 - that's a good looking pen. Fortune was smiling upon you today. Once these are sold they will probably disappear from the market for a long while.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thanks Zaddick and Pravda. This special MoP 149 is inked up with Robert Oster Fire & Ice. Tucked into a single MB sleeve in my pocket right now ready for a night on the town!

888007888: That MoP is sweet. It's a shame that's not standard or an available option. Enjoy that pen!

Thank you. I'm enjoying it immensely. While walking around the pen show yesterday and today, I must have had 30 offers to buy it off me or trade. Quite amazing. I can't stop staring at the star. Loving it.

Valdair Grzgrz Mastiff and Ghost Plane. Thank you. I'm still fairly new to the hobby. Seems like I've fallen deep into the rabbit hole. 🐇🐇🐇

Valdair Grzgrz Mastiff and Ghost Plane. Thank you. I'm still fairly new to the hobby. Seems like I've fallen deep into the rabbit hole.

More like Hotel California...you can check in but can never leave!