The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

• Please log in to reply
967 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,965 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2017 - 20:36

This is the new 2017 version of the topic:

What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

The last posts in the old topic can be found here:

http://www.fountainp...se-2016/page-37

Enjoy

D.ick   Using a post by GP.

Edited by RMN, 02 January 2017 - 14:21.

Sponsored Content

#2 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2017 - 20:38

Yes — When will a 2017 Montblanc Purchase thread be opened?

Tom K.

Waiting on one of our mods who trots around at the start of the year and revamps. Reminds me to toss him this link so we're not forgotten. 

Can't anyone just do it or does it have to be a mod?

#3 Lam1

Lam1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2017 - 21:03

A few observations here:

- That's a beautiful pen. Congratulations! :) Enjoy it in great health. 

- That's a great picture! Makes me want a Dumas myself. 

- You could've been the first to start a 2017 thread! 

- 146R or 146 90 Years 

Thank you, Pravda. 

The Dumas is amazing, with a fantastic balance, and I don't think any picture does it justice, in person it is really gorgeous.

Thank you for the suggestions, I think those two (146R & 140 90 y) are the hardest to get now, so it makes sense to go with one of them (I'll leave the pic of the next one, when I get it, for the 2017 thread :D).

~ Pravda:

Thank you for the confirmation.

From the open copy of “The Three Musketeers” I guessed that, but wasn't certain.

I should have asked. I'm glad that you knew and mentioned it.

Yes — When will a 2017 Montblanc Purchase thread be opened?

Tom K.

Tom, I apologize for forgetting to post the name of the pen.

And thank you for the compliments (by the way, my copy of the Dumas is with the son's signature, so the book is "wrong"  :rolleyes: ).

#4 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 26,965 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 00:31

Can't anyone just do it or does it have to be a mod?

Dick has a system. He'll pull any 2017 posts when he splits it off and make it all tidy. We sort of have a list of the threads that return year after year and add to it.

Actually, I am a bit late, so I used one of GPs posts as anchor. 

D.ick

Edited by RMN, 02 January 2017 - 14:21.

#5 Rdcbang

Rdcbang

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:26

A Montblanc 1950's 149 in OBB and a Montblanc 75th Anniversary Special Edition 149 in OBBB!! I am a OBBB/OBB convert!! I will never go back!! I have crossed over to the dark side!!!

Attached Images

• IMG_0255.JPG
  • IMG_0256.JPG
  • IMG_0258.JPG
  • IMG_0257.JPG

#6 DrPenfection

DrPenfection

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:43

Just back from the Caribbean. In one of the dozens of watch stores in St. Thomas, I found a brand new bottle of Montblanc JFK ink. The proprietor had it tucked away in the back of a drawer, and sold it to me for $15. He didn't have an fountain pens, only ballpoints and rollerballs. Nonetheless, I was happy to get the bottle of ink.

Best always,

Deborah (aka DrPenfection)

#7 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to OBBB

• Member - Gold

• 1,340 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 16:08

fpn_1483342856__florida.jpg

#8 Grzgrz

Grzgrz

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 16:12

A Montblanc 1950's 149 in OBB and a Montblanc 75th Anniversary Special Edition 149 in OBBB!! I am a OBBB/OBB convert!! I will never go back!! I have crossed over to the dark side!!!

Rdcbang, welcome to the broad side. Also recently I discovered broad nib. Can you show comparing handwriting samples both nibs? I'm very curious to write these nibs, especially from the 50s. By the way super MB 149s, congratulations!

#9 nyx_h

nyx_h

Rhodium Trimmed

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 18:26

Wow!!! Lovely acquisitions, congratulations!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel. 

Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

#10 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 26,965 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 21:24

Another convert! Now you know why we're dancing around waving our magic pens. Nice to see I started a thread while I was dreaming of pens and populated it with big nibs.

Welcome to the broad side! We have cookies.

#11 Nathanb

Nathanb

Meisterstück

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 21:43

MB%201912_zpsle23afoq.jpg

#12 Nathanb

Nathanb

Meisterstück

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 21:54

Now I'm completely stuck trying to choose my next one -  I cannot decide between 146R, 146 Ultra-Black, 146 90 y or Brahms  :unsure: .

The UB was only for 2016, so perhaps a good place to start before all the stock disappears in the boutiques (if you wish to choose the nib of your choice). 

#13 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to OBBB

• Member - Gold

• 1,340 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 22:22

Another convert! Now you know why we're dancing around waving our magic pens. Nice to see I started a thread while I was dreaming of pens and populated it with big nibs.

Welcome to the broad side! We have cookies.

~ As if Rdcbang's terrific images of the OBB and OBBB weren't enough, Nathanb's lovely image of his Heritage 1912 has a handwriting sample noting that a B nib is on the way.

2017 looks to be a broad nib-friendly year. Imagine all of the expressive ink shading we'll see.

Nathanb's Iroshizuku Yama-Budo ink looks nice now but will show better with the B nib.

How are we so fortunate lately? It must be the enticing fragrance of the broad side cookies...

Tom K.

#14 horationelson

horationelson

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 22:44

Not a pen... but today I bought a few of the Shakespeare #146 notebooks.  I know that a few members picked these up with their Shakespeare pen purchases, but the books were quickly recalled due to quality control issues, so they are extremely hard to get hold of.

#15 Rdcbang

Rdcbang

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:03

As requested! Please forgive my crappy hand writing! I need to practice a whole lot more. This O3B 18kt nib is smooth as butter and super wet! So far, no skipping at all! I have to learn to write a little bigger. The OBB on the other hand has a smaller sweet spot and takes a little more concentration when writing. It's a vintage 14C semi-flex nib. The whole reason why I like large nibs is for the shading possibilities with certain inks. I use mainly Montblanc inks in these two pens because they flow nicely and dry fairly quickly in the Florida humidity. The shading isn't bad either!

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#16 CeeElle

CeeElle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:23

Got myself a Hemi without losing a kidney, and it is now out enjoying a well deserved service. Very happy and can't wait to get it back to start writing with it :D

TPg0c9Sl.jpg

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

#17 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to OBBB

• Member - Gold

• 1,340 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:47

As requested! Please forgive my crappy hand writing! I need to practice a whole lot more. This O3B 18kt nib is smooth as butter and super wet! So far, no skipping at all! I have to learn to write a little bigger. The OBB on the other hand has a smaller sweet spot and takes a little more concentration when writing. It's a vintage 14C semi-flex nib. The whole reason why I like large nibs is for the shading possibilities with certain inks. I use mainly Montblanc inks in these two pens because they flow nicely and dry fairly quickly in the Florida humidity. The shading isn't bad either!

fpn_1483425940__gorgeous.jpg

#18 kirkmc

kirkmc

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:05

I actually bought all these Montblanc Writers' Editions ballpoints in 2016, but am just getting around to posting photos. 

First photo: Balzac and Defoe:

IMG_5637.jpg

Second photo, Shakespeare and Tolstoy (I just got the latter a few days ago):

IMG_5633.jpg

I know most people here prefer fountain pens, but I use ballpoints more regularly. Each one has a different colored ink. 

I write about things: Kirkville

#19 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 26,965 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2017 - 13:02

Once you get used to the nibs and stop being so conscious of their differences, you'll find your writing size settles right back to normal. I use mine on narrow ruled paper.

#20 SE1980

SE1980

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2017 - 15:31

MB%201912_zpsle23afoq.jpg

I've one in F nib and used to have that sticker on the piston knob, but it faded completely, so I removed it.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP & BP. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Sponsored Content

|