mk2579

So many gorgeous pens in this thread, great collection.

That 360 arco is my grail pen, such a beautiful piece to own! if you ever want to move it on, you know where to find me! :P

Man! Your the fourth person to ask if the Arco 360 is for sale...same answer I'm afraid, not for sale not ever! ; )

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mk2579

• ctt1wbw

• Nikaa

• mauckcg

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I missed this review. It must have been because I was on holiday.

Beautiful pens. I just bought a paragon in the grey celluloid, which is how I wandered over to this thread.

I'll be the 5th person to say I want your 360 Brown arco. Somehow I have become a 360 collector but that pen has escaped me.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Wow, what a wonderful pen, congratulations! I can confirm, this grey celluloid is very fascinating and probably much underrated. I have a limited edition OMAS (a Phaeton) which is made from the same material. The fascinating play of the light when you turn the pen slightly, the brilliance and depth of the shiny layers within the material, is something very hard (I mean next to impossible) to capture in a photo. You have to see it in real and you might easily be blown away. Well, thank you for showing the pictures anyway, they are very very nice indeed.

And by the way, I'm totally with you regarding the 360 Arco. I wouldn't sell ANY of my OMAS celluloids at gun point. :)

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

oh man. I had a chance to pick one up but I didn't and sort of regret it now. is it the same material as the grey marbled celluloid of other omas pens?

Edited by guyinkits

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Omas “The Cinema” in grey celluloid

I found this piece towards the end of the year in a frantic search for ever declining Omas stock on eBay. I got it at a great price too, so was a little apprehensive at first as to the condition of the pen. The Omas “the Cinema” pen arrived in a somewhat unobtrusive 80’s looking plastic box, but when I opened the lid…bam! What a celluloid this is! I haven’t heard much talk about the grey celluloid in general, let alone the Omas Cinema in particular, so really didn’t know what to expect. As mentioned below, I have a number of the arco celluloids that people rave so much about, but I have to say this grey celluloid (what I can only describe as crushed black velvet, but shinier, and more impressive), is spectacular! It has a unique cap band as well with little film cameras and film reels etched onto it, in lieu of the usual greek key design. It sounds weird and blingy but doesn’t look tacky at all. The gold is a bright and shiny contrast to the deep black/grey celluloid body of the pen.

Nib:

The 18ct gold nib on this Omas Cinema is Fine. However, it is no ordinary Fine. I believe this is not a Bock nib at all but one of the Omas nibs made in- house. It looks fantastic and is a real joy to write with. I don’t know how, but it just feels like I’m writing with pure gold. Has a lovely ebonite feed too.

Verdict:

So sad Omas are out of business- but so glad I managed to grab this pen. I’d give the Omas “The Cinema” 5*…and an oscar too!

Photos:

IMG_5139.jpg

Here it is taking centre stage, with my new Omas Princess and my trusty favourite, arco-verde Paragon…

L1270001.jpg

Finally, all the Omas celluloid’s together…

l1270010.jpg?w=736

I just got one of these today. Is there anything I should look for to determine if it's real or a fake? I've never had an Omas before.

Edited by ctt1wbw

I just got one of these today. Is there anything I should look for to determine if it's real or a fake? I've never had an Omas before.

What material? The celluloids are very interesting designs. If it were a La Royale, Saft or Scarlett, there are non celluloids that sort of ish mimic those three colors. The grey celluloid and Arco's i have a feeling might be a bit harder to mimic. I have the grey, both an Omas and a rod that Edison turned into a pen. it is a very nice subtle coloring with lots of flecks. Any specific thoughts about what might make yours a fake?

Nobody will make a copy of a nice pen like an omas limited serie.

This is more true also considering it is a faceted pen, and this is difficult to machine.

• 2 weeks later...

What material? The celluloids are very interesting designs. If it were a La Royale, Saft or Scarlett, there are non celluloids that sort of ish mimic those three colors. The grey celluloid and Arco's i have a feeling might be a bit harder to mimic. I have the grey, both an Omas and a rod that Edison turned into a pen. it is a very nice subtle coloring with lots of flecks. Any specific thoughts about what might make yours a fake?

Not really. Its lighter than I was expecting. And I bought it on eBay. So theres that. Im pretty certain I didnt get taken. It is a gorgeous pen.

• 1 month later...

Follow up on mine, it's real. Just panicky for a bit. But, I did just now see another one for sale on eBay, starting at $600. Not too sure if this is a high asking price or not. But I got mine in near mint condition for $200, so I think I got a good deal.

And oh man oh man is it a sweet writer.

Follow up on mine, it's real. Just panicky for a bit. But, I did just now see another one for sale on eBay, starting at $600. Not too sure if this is a high asking price or not. But I got mine in near mint condition for $200, so I think I got a good deal.

And oh man oh man is it a sweet writer.

That's not an abnormal price anymore. :(

That's not an abnormal price anymore. :(

So then I would assume an Arco Omas Paragon for $1400 on eBay is not abnormal?

So then I would assume an Arco Omas Paragon for $1400 on eBay is not abnormal?

I have seen them go for that much. I am watching one now but i don't think i have a chance at snagging it.

I have seen them go for that much. I am watching one now but i don't think i have a chance at snagging it.

We might be watching the same one. If I didn't just spend $1300 on a Montegrappa Extra 1930 last month I would make an offer on this Omas.