The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noodler's Suffragist Carmine 2016 Le

noodlers carmine pink limited edition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2017 - 21:04

The Commonwealth Pen Show in Boston has had the good fortune to have Noodler's Ink create some exclusive inks for the show. There have been some very unique inks offered and I look forward to later this year when I hope to attend and see what will be available. Thanks to an inky friend I've received generous samples of the inks from these shows.

This ink, Suffragist Carmine, replicates/approximates the color of the ink used at the voting stations in some places in Massachusetts once women were granted the right to vote in the US through the 19th amendment. Nathan Tardif has a video somewhere that explains the meaning.

This is a nice, desaturated pink ink. I often don't like pink as it is often presented in its most offensive: bright or shocking pink. The pink that appears on flowers and in nature is much more subdued, gentle, and approachable. This ink reminds me much more of the color of flowers. This is a very fast drying ink. But it's not very waterproof, some water resistance, but not lots. Not shady, nor with sheen. It is pleasant like a delicate flower. This ink is unobtanium. It was limited edition, with the rest sold through Goulet Pens, and all sold out now.

Pen: Edison Premiere (M-steel)

Papers: MvL=Mohawk via Linen, TR=Tomoe River, Hij=Hammermill 28 lb inkjet, Rhodia=Rhodia 90g ivory.

fpn_1483303962__img_4800.jpg

fpn_1483304462__img_4802.jpg

fpn_1483304490__img_4803.jpg

fpn_1483304519__img_4811.jpg

fpn_1483304542__img_4807.jpg

fpn_1483304576__img_4808.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,710 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2017 - 22:53

Thanks for the review.  This is a nice looking ink -- makes me really sorry I wasn't able to get to the Commonwealth Show this time around (I made the trek in 2015).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 00:28

Thank you for doing this review, White Lotus.  I love this ink and I am now using it as my "signature" ink on business letters.  I love using pinks.  It also looks great in my pen.

IMG_20160930_221701.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#4 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:35

That looks great AmberLea!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, carmine, pink, limited edition

Sponsored Content

|