The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink No. 184 - Penbbs

penbbs chinese ink yellow

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,674 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 23:00

LG, I love the splash cards.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sponsored Content

#22 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:33

LG, I love the splash cards.

I love splash cards, too, but I've learned they can be at odds with what the ink looks like when it comes out the pen. And, to my eye, El Dorado looks markedly different in LG's and vis' reviews.

I came across my original test of MB GY (Sport M) and it does, indeed, look yellow/gold. The next three pens I tried it in, where it came out the Indian Yellow color, all had had MB Pink in them prior; I started thinking that maybe, despite all the flushing I did, there was still a bit of Pink left and that was causing the color shift. So I tried it in a brand new, never-inked pen and it, too, came out yellow-orange. Very strange. At some point I'll try it in another new pen and see what I get.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#23 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2017 - 15:02

LOL, I just found out Penbbs has just released another set of 10 colours. One of them is called "Ugly", no doubt referring to the colour Pantone named as the world's ugliest colour, which is discussed in this thread: http://www.fountainp...rite-ink-color/

Ugly is No. 232:

TB2ieRCcdRopuFjSZFtXXcanpXa_!!64235657.j

I've got samples of all of these waiting in my Taobao shopping cart. I'll try to review these after this first batch of Penbbs reviews.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#24 Blackhorse

Blackhorse

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 16:13

PenBBS inks available via Vanness.

#25 Blackhorse

Blackhorse

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 18:38

I tried to set up an account and buy inks on the Chinese site you mentioned first. It just didnt work. So I went to the Vanness site and bought three bottles. Peacock Blue, And Return Green and Chengdu Red. All these appear pretty intense and seem without glitter.

Attached Images

• 0297DE71-AFA0-4E2B-BF1A-E0AF7653AE6C.png
  • 672BB3F6-EDB5-48B4-A561-177A3495B188.png
  • 979BB1FE-15A4-426E-BFCE-F1EF2BD738CE.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penbbs, chinese ink, yellow

Sponsored Content

|