Qotw - 2017

smk

I am also having the same problem....!!!!

What style is this Ken? Is this a particular style or you have modified it?

Here is the crazy part: I get notifications whenever there is a new post to this thread. When Ken first made these posts I could see the quotes he had submitted. When Ruth made her post I look and I could no longer see Kens posts but got the notation she mentions.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• bobje

• Sagarb

• caliken

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the crazy part: I get notifications whenever there is a new post to this thread. When Ken first made these posts I could see the quotes he had submitted. When Ruth made her post I look and I could no longer see Kens posts but got the notation she mentions.

Hmmm. That is really weird. I thought I had accidentally hit some switch on my laptop the other night while trying to catch up on several days' worth of email and FPN new content -- I was out of town over the weekend and was damned if I was going to be paying $15 US a night for internet access -- $18 a night for hi-speed internet -- at the pricy Marriott booked for the symposium I was attending. Especially since I had to go down to the desk at midnight on Saturday to complain about some OTHER stupid BS "leadership conference" which taking up the entire floor of the atrium -- loudly (it was one of these places where all the rooms are in balconies all facing onto the center. (They quieted right down when hotel security apparently showed up).

But clearly it's not just me if other people are having the same issue with seeing links.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

For some reason I can't see your links, Ken -- I got this error message saying to update account to enable 3rd party hosting.

I ran into the same message with some other peoples' posts in other threads, but in those cases I was still able to click on the link and be taken to Photobucket. :( Not quite sure why this is happening because it just started in the past day or so.

It looks as though Photobucket are now charging for their services.

In principle, I have no problem with this as they are entitled to charge for a good service, However they are applying this change retrospectively and they say that my current free account level doesn't allow for 3rd party hosting and as a result, I will have to pay $339.99 for a years service, Until I pay this subscription for their Plus 500 plan, all my uploadings to FPN have been frozen. I'm afraid that I find this practice to be reprehensible as all my earlier, free postings via Photobucket will now be unavailable,

I apologise for the disruption to the many threads I have contributed to over the years, but I have no intention of paying such a high subscription for my postings which were originally loaded free of charge.

As I can no longer use Photobucket for my uploadings, my library is no longer of any use to me , and I'll probably close it.

If anyone is interested, most of my postings are on http://instagram.com/fraser.ken

Some time ago, I was told how to upload directly onto this forum via the upload button at the top of the page. If I can figure it out, I'll continue posting using that method.

Ken

Edited by kenfraser

Sagar,

The example in post #484 is a modification of a font called Behrensschrift

Ruth & DrCodfish,

As you can see, I'm back in business again, uploading via the FPN upload button.

Ken

Edited by kenfraser

Sagar, that foundational is looking very crisp, and the Spencerian looks so fluent and effortless -- though I know it isn't.

Ken, it's a shame about Photobucket. I use Flickr, which is still free. I rarely use it to host images here on FPN. I just tried it with this image, and it seems to work. You obtain the BBcode of the specific image you want to place here on FPN, and then just copy the BBcode and paste it here.

35621449205_6027622931_c.jpg

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Sagar,

The example in post #484 is a modification of a font called Behrensschrift

Ruth & DrCodfish,

As you can see, I'm back in business again, uploading via the FPN upload button.

Ken

Ken, it's good that you found a workaround. This place would be much the less without your amazing calligraphy. As for the issue with Photobucket, I saw your post in the Members Helping Members forum, and posted a response to you on possible ways to deal with it at your end. (Also known as "Ain't I a stinker?" My mother would be so proud.... ;))

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ken, it's good that you found a workaround. This place would be much the less without your amazing calligraphy. As for the issue with Photobucket, I saw your post in the Members Helping Members forum, and posted a response to you on possible ways to deal with it at your end. (Also known as "Ain't I a stinker?" My mother would be so proud.... ;))

Thank you Ruth, Your help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by kenfraser

My turn, I believe. Qotw = 2017

"What is written without effort is, in general, read without pleasure."

Edited by kenfraser

Samuel Johnson?

I am enjoying this thread as a lurker. Don't dare contribute. Thanks for all this beauty.

Samuel Johnson?

I am enjoying this thread as a lurker. Don't dare contribute. Thanks for all this beauty.

I try to credit quotes where I can but I've no idea where this comes from.

fpn_1499092065__airmail-wality-modified-

The sample in Diamine aqua blue was created with a flex-modified Airmail Wality 71j, which makes the Airmail nib a pleasure to write with. More details later.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers