The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pif - Rotring Persian Red Ink Giveaway

ink pif rotring red rose pink

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:37

It's time for another Ink Giveaway PIF!

I am giving away most of a bottle of Rotring Persian Red ink.  Rotring no longer makes bottled fountain pen ink, so this ink has been out of production for some time.

The ink was originally packaged in a bottle with a fill spout, that could fill a converter directly from the bottle (I will attempt to attach a photo).  The cap has cracked, so I was forced to transfer the ink to some small jars, which is the way you will receive it.  Each jar holds 15ml, and there are about one and a half jars of ink.

Here are the rules:

1) United States only.

2) Winners of my previous PIFs (Levenger and OMAS inks) are not eligible for this PIF.

3) Everyone who posts on this thread saying they want the ink through Tuesday, January 3, 2017 is eligible.

4) On January 4, 2017 I'll post here to close the PIF and everyone ahead of me in the thread will be entered.  I'll select a winner using the random number generator at random.org.  I'll list the winner here, and contact them via PM to set up shipment.

5) You can enter as many of my PIFs as you want, but you can win only one. In the event the same FPN member wins two PIFs, I'll ask you to choose which you want.  I'll draw another name to win the other prize.

6) I will ship to the winner for free, in exchange for a letter or postcard from you containing handwritten samples of your five favorite ink colors.  Or, you can pay for shipping, whichever you prefer.  (I will ship via USPS).

7) Winners who don't respond to my PM within three days after close of the PIF will forfeit their winning.  I'll draw again to find another winner.

Bottle:

pdEvvxx.jpg

Writing Sample:

GuZhWsh.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2016 - 18:50

It's time for another Ink Giveaway PIF!

I am giving away most of a bottle of Rotring Persian Red ink.  Rotring no longer makes bottled fountain pen ink, so this ink has been out of production for some time.

Hi, I'd like to be included in the giveaway for the Persian Red.  Thanks and happy new year.

#3 Vargouille

Vargouille

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2016 - 19:42

Thanks for the PIF! I'd like to be included.

#4 Ladyinheels58

Ladyinheels58

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Location:south carolina now thank God nothing finer than carolina
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2016 - 19:50

please allow me to throw my hat in the ring for this one . thank you for such a great PIF .

#5 Mikeal

Mikeal

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 00:40

I'm interested. Thank you.

#6 supersets

supersets

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:17

I would love to be included in this PIF!

#7 bmillicent

bmillicent

Curious Cuddly Curmudgeon

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:34

Perhaps I can be the lucky winner on 4 January - my birthday :)

Thank you for the chance!

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

#8 20jlaser

20jlaser

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 15:12

I don't have a red ink so I would like my name put in the hat.

#9 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 15:48

Please could I be included in the draw for this ink. I love that colour. I have someone in the US who will accept it for me.  :wub:

#10 Slimchandi

Slimchandi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 17:44

On a related note, is it possible to buy new bottles with the converter adaptor? It's a really neat idea that would save a lot of mess cleaning nibs/sections etc.

#11 Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Never Point-less

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2016 - 21:50

I'd love to be included as well.

Very thoughtful.

Thank you. 

#12 ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2016 - 22:36

On a related note, is it possible to buy new bottles with the converter adaptor? It's a really neat idea that would save a lot of mess cleaning nibs/sections etc.

I did some web research.  From what I can tell, Rotring no longer makes fountain pen inks - this bottle of Persian Red is around fifteen years old.  But they still use a similar-looking bottle to package their pigment inks, intended for their drawing pens.  http://www.rotring.c...6856591033.html

All you have to do is put the converter over the nozzle, then twist the converter to draw in the ink.  Inside the bottle there's a tiny hose that extends to the bottom of the bottle, so there's a steady flow of ink even when the bottle is low.

Sadly, the cap for the nozzle cracked so the bottle is no longer usable.  I had two Rotring bottles - the other was Sevilla Red, a sort of terra-cotta red color - and both bottles failed in this way.

Though I don't have one, the TWSBI inkwell works pretty much the same way as the Rotring bottle. It has a special spout at top to directly fill the ink chamber on a TWSBI pen, but the spout also works with standard international converters.   (You can also unscrew the entire top, and dip-fill any pen that way).   https://www.gouletpe...k/p/TW-M7442980   

Edited by ErrantSmudge, 31 December 2016 - 22:59.

#13 Slimchandi

Slimchandi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 13:20

Thanks for the research! I think rotring may have patented the filling cap idea. I would definitely try to fit some to my Diamine bottles to make filling a little neater.

#14 MoonageDaydream

MoonageDaydream

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2017 - 20:16

I would like to be entered. Thanks again for for your generosity.

#15 ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2017 - 16:35

Reminder - today is the last day to sign up for the giveaway!  If you would like to win the Rotring Persian Rose ink, please speak up now.  Tomorrow I will draw the winners.

#16 ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2017 - 15:54

Greetings, contestants!  The deadline has expired and this PIF is now CLOSED.

There were a total of 10 entries.  I used the random number generator at random.org to choose the winner.

The winner of the Rotring Persian Red ink is..

Vargouille!

I will contact the winner privately via PM to arrange for shipping.

Thanks everyone for your interest!

#17 Vargouille

Vargouille

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2017 - 22:43

Thank you for the ink! I think I know just the pen to put it in, but I won't have that one at hand for a decent while.

#18 rahulchandna

rahulchandna

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2017 - 15:10

congrats Vargouille !

#19 Ant81

Ant81

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:16

Congratulations Vargouille

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, pif, rotring, red, rose, pink

Sponsored Content

|