The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Size Comparison: Get Shorty!

sailor pro gear standard pelikan m400 parker sonnet waterman le man 100

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 21:07

Sometimes in spite of researching the hell out of things on the web small details escape; in this case I hadn't realized the Sailor Pro Gear Standard was smaller than even my shortest M400... No complaints though, luckily it's still big enough for my large hands, the section is nice and thick and the nib is a dream... So in case this helps someone out there...

fpn_1482786395__img_20161226_150144.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Sponsored Content

#2 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,942 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:18

I assume you have them (L to R) Sailor, Pelikan, Parker, Waterman? Is that correct? With them all being black, it makes it a bit more difficult....

Nice pens anyway.

Edited by Runnin_Ute, 27 December 2016 - 03:19.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#3 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,325 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:06

Yes, it's hard to tell the size when only the pen is pictured, with nothing next to it for scale. I learned this when my M250 arrived and I saw how relatively petite it is; like pseudo, I was fortunate that it fits my hand well unposted.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#4 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,937 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:13

I assume you have them (L to R) Sailor, Pelikan, Parker, Waterman? Is that correct? With them all being black, it makes it a bit more difficult....

Nice pens anyway.

Thanks, yup, that's the order, it's easier to make them out by their nibs.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor pro gear standard, pelikan m400, parker sonnet, waterman le man 100

Sponsored Content

|