What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2017

RMN

+1

Weeell, it's an internet forum, it's not a contract signed in blood!

So, anyway, there appears to be a Marxton (Eclipse sub-brand) Big Red arriving tomorrow. What can I say? It was ten bucks, and looks to have a nice nib. It would've been rude not to.

Edited by MercianScribe

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• chromantic

• tgoto

• MercianScribe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am waiting for a Pilot Metropolitan (I hope tomorrow will arrive). In general I like japanese fountain pens and read a lot about this pen, so can't wait to have a try.

Thanks to a sale and a discount code from Pen Chalet, I was able to purchase a Pilot Falcon with a Fine nib and a Con 70. The Pilot Falcon has been on my wish list, so I am thrilled!

A Delta Rediscover Pompei in celluloide (the cc smaller version)

fpn_1514500208__10173-pompeii-zoom.jpg

Where did you find one? I'm upset I missed out on this when it was around.

Couple Amazon Jinhaos on top of the Lamy Studio. Theres another X450 in red ice and a 8802 with a nice painted porcelain pattern. I havent seen this one before so should be interesting. Pics lifted from the Internets.

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

After much consideration I decided to give Wing Sung one last chance and purchased a 618. It will be my first hooded nib!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Is that just 'G' or 'G+' too?! They do a G+ in clear (demonstrator) now, too, you know. Not that I'm trying to enable anyone or anything... :)

fpn_1514562562__img_3497.jpg

fpn_1514562594__img_3498.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

"If only because I would know of the alternative..." Sorry, don't get your drift!

I like the old teal coloured 78G, and wondered about one of those, but they're getting a bit more expensive, and I'm not so sure about its G+ green replacement. I might have to go for the clear, except I'd like a stub nib and I've only seen the clear in EF, so I'd have to buy two and change the nibs and... It's just neverending!

My Marxton arrived in time for the last post of the year here today. It's not a 'Big' Red, just a Red - must've been half asleep when I was checking it out. Lovely flexy nib again.

Oh, and just accidentally won a Watermans Safety Pen for not a lot... last pen of the year, and hopefully for a while...!

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

"If only because I would know of the alternative..." Sorry, don't get your drift!

fpn_1514568060__img_3502.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

My Fritz Schimpf special edition Montblanc 146 Platinum Italic has made it as far as Dallas, but got held up there because DHL insists that I pay customs duty on it. I did this yesterday as soon as I found out what the delay was, but they still have not released the package. The nice folks at Schimpf are trying to get things expedited on their end, but no luck so far.

DHL is the worst shipper about this. They are sticklers for complying the the customs regulations. If European vendors insist on using DHL, it would be a lot more efficient for them to prepay the duty to DHL and incorporate it in their shipping costs. As it stands, there was a two-day delay in notifying me that I needed to pay duty, and now another two-day delay in getting the package released. So much for German efficiency.

Grumble.

Same thing happened to me with DHL. Not for a pen, but for part of a musical instrument, made in Germany.

Nobody bothered to tell me about the delay for something like two weeks. Even the instrument maker got stonewalled for over a week when he asked.

I have started to make sure that DHL is *not* the shipper when buying stuff internationally :/

I'm waiting for the return of my Nakaya 17mm cigar portable in ao-tamenuri . I ordered it from Japan - I was trying to persuade them that since they still do ao for the blue dragon, they should make me a custom dorsal fin version 2. I failed, but they told me they did have this one ao left, and did I want it? I did, although it wouldn't have been my very first choice, but it is nice. Except it's a nice BB stub for someone who writes with light to medium pressure - it skips/hard starts for me, since I'm used to virtually no pressure. So Nibs dot com adjusted it for me, and I'm eagerly awaiting it!

I'm waiting for the return of my Nakaya 17mm cigar portable in ao-tamenuri . I ordered it from Japan - I was trying to persuade them that since they still do ao for the blue dragon, they should make me a custom dorsal fin version 2. I failed, but they told me they did have this one ao left, and did I want it? I did, although it wouldn't have been my very first choice, but it is nice. Except it's a nice BB stub for someone who writes with light to medium pressure - it skips/hard starts for me, since I'm used to virtually no pressure. So Nibs dot com adjusted it for me, and I'm eagerly awaiting it!

Nice! Picture please when you get it back :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

it skips/hard starts for me, since I'm used to virtually no pressure. So Nibs dot com adjusted it for me, and I'm eagerly awaiting it!

Same with my recent purchase. I send the pen back to be reground to a stub by Nakaya and even after that it came back skipping and hard starting. Quite surprising

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

I finally got around to ordering a Pilot Fermo. I’ve been intrigued by its design, and I decided I should get the pen before supplies dried up. It’s green, too, my favorite color!

I'd like to simultaneously thank & swear out the combination of Japanese post & USPS that pulled off a reasonably timed overseas shipment, but resulted in the package arriving here in the city just in time to sit at the post office for a holiday. Now I have to wait out Sunday & Monday.

*shakes fist*

Edited by NinthSphere

Remember that "no new pens for awhile" deal? Well, I lied.

On the way, thanks to generous vendor discounts, are a "new" Conway Stewart Series 100 in Cherry Red from Bespoke British Pens, and a Montblanc Blue Hour Legrand from La Couronne du Comte. Some deals are just too good to pass up. (See below.)

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 3 weeks later...