What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2017

RMN

M200 brown marbled. I wasn't home when the mailman came by this morning or it would be in hand already. I am picking it up at the post office tomorrow morning.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• chromantic

• tgoto

• MercianScribe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No more new pens for a while... unless... one of *those* comes up, of course, then I might have to consider it... just consider mind... or, unless, possibly...

+1

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

not if you order one from nibs.com ...

XpvASqQ.png

Wooooah. That nib is awesome! Okay, I need to think about getting something reground at some point. :wub:

So what's the ink you're using?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Wooops , sorry I didn't see your question till today - the ink is Diamine Sargasso Sea , much maligned but still a favourite of mine.

Wooops , sorry I didn't see your question till today - the ink is Diamine Sargasso Sea , much maligned but still a favourite of mine.

So the ink works well in that pen? I found that Sargasso Sea had problems with clogging and hard starts in nearly every pen I tried it in, and gave up on it in favor of Akkerman Shocking Blue.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Picked up this morning - Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled Medium. Along with its siblings.

24304513287_38d2fbacc7_b.jpgMy flock of Pelikan pens. L to R 120 Merz and Krell M150 M200 Cognac M200 Brown marbled M200 blue marbled old style 140 by Brad Merrill, on Flickr

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

So the ink works well in that pen? I found that Sargasso Sea had problems with clogging and hard starts in nearly every pen I tried it in, and gave up on it in favor of Akkerman Shocking Blue.

Works well in all the pens I've tried it in.

Waiting on a Martemodena Freedom "To Love" in red marble with Rose gold trim (broad) and a Delta Techno ballpoint, I know, I know, but they came as a set.

Heading to the writing desk later for some Private Reserve Dc supershow Electric blue for it, and some other inks too.

I can't wait. :)

Ian

Just paid an eBay auction of a Sailor 1911 Large Rhodium (a new one).

From Japan to Brazil, I can’t wait to get it, almost my grail pen, my first gold nib pen and my most expensive yet to date.

Just put in for a Lamy Studio limited in racing green with a fine nib from pen chalet. Been eyeing that pen for several months! Also picked up a bottle of diamine arctic blue. Dont let me down Ron!!

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Lamy 2k EF, Sailor Sapporo Blueberry F and Platinum 3776 century SF

Really cannot wait!!!!

The soft fine 3776 is a nice nib! Just depends on what your expectations of the nib are though. I kind of misread what I was getting into with mine.

Looks like Ive got an abalone Signature Pen Company George model coming in next month courtesy of massdrop. Ive got a thing for abalone pens but only have a Xezo Maestro in abalone in my collection so far. This incoming should be a nice pen to add!

Im waiting a TWSBI ECO-T, a 580AL Rose, an Ensso Piuma, some Ranga’s.

Just paid an eBay auction of a Sailor 1911 Large Rhodium (a new one).

From Japan to Brazil, I can’t wait to get it, almost my grail pen, my first gold nib pen and my most expensive yet to date.

Now Ive bought in eBay auctions a Sailor Life Time Rouge and a GEHA 600 School Fountain Pen (because the original company name was Gehabrüder, and my last name is Bruder, from brüder).

And only the ECO-T arrived today (while Im not home :-/), every other pen Ive bought is ‘floating’ around the world. :-/ :-\ :-(

I haven't purchased a pen for a while because I didn't know what to get next (well...actually there are so many of them I want lol). Also I needed to save up for LA pen show after spending a lot during holidays.

However, I came across this NOS 1956 Montblanc 262 on Gary's site and couldn't resist...ordered immediately when I saw...

So excited...

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

fpn_1514278577__img_3467.jpg

Is that just 'G' or 'G+' too?! They do a G+ in clear (demonstrator) now, too, you know. Not that I'm trying to enable anyone or anything... :)

Hi, I'm Mat

:)