What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2017

RMN

I bought myself an early Birthday present (2 weeks away) and have a 1980's Montblanc 149 headed my way - due to arrive in a week or so.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• chromantic

• tgoto

• MercianScribe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm awaiting a FPR Jaipur in black with a flex nib, a FPR Guru in demo/blue cap with a stub, anything else thrown into that box, a pastel green and neutral Hero Safari knock off with a fine nib, a real Lamy Safari Dark Lilac with 1.1i nib, and finally a real Lamy Safari Pink with an A nib for my 8 year old daughter's first pen.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Just got an early surprise from Japan in the mail a couple days ago that I thought wouldn't be due for a while yet - a black Pilot Lucina with a medium nib. Snagged it on Amazon for far better price than what I've seen others getting it for. This is my first traditional gold-trimmed, black fountain pen; freshly inked with Noodlers Bulletproof Black. There's something about a gold nib lightly stained in black ink... And that screw cap!

:cloud9:

...The history, culture and sophistication; the rich, aesthetic beauty; the indulgent, ritualistic sensations of unscrewing the cap and filling from a bottle of ink; the ambient scratch of the ink-stained nib on fine paper; A noble instrument, descendant from a line of ever-refined tools, and the luster of writing,
with a charge from over several millennia of continuing the art of recording man's life.

I just ordered my second fountain pen this morning. A JinHao X450 for $2.47. Now I have to wait for the slow boat from China to South Africa. :(

http://www.besskymall.com/besskymall54/WDD60426284_20160426092521959.jpg

Jinhao 1200, the silver body/gold clip one. I only hope it doesn't weigh a ton.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Brian Edison sent me this pic of my newly completed Pearl in tortoise lucite, black ebonite section, eyedropper, 1.1mm stub gold nib. Should be here tomorrow.

post-20206-0-87887300-1484593392_thumb.jpeg

Edited by statius

Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid, Met. 10.519-20.

A Lamy CP-1 and a bottle of Graf Von Faber-Castell Moss Green ink that I ordered from La Couronne du Comte at the beginning of December as a Christmas gift for my son. A month and a half later, it's still MIA, and La Couronne has no clue where it is.

Well, the Estie with the 9556 nib came today (after spending several days bouncing around different departments (which strangely have different zip codes, even though I suspect that it's all the same building!) at the USPS regional sort facility. And it turns out to befull size J :thumbup: (at that price I was really expecting it was going to be an SJ). Even better, the sac still seems to have some play in it. :D

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A Pilot Custom 91 with a SFM nib, two Parker 51s and a couple of Parker 45s in interesting colours.

A Lamy 2000 with a medium nib. I've been contemplating getting this pen for a long time and finally made the decision last night and ordered it online.

It will be my first pen with a gold nib (and first pen purchase over 100 euros). :D

Lamy 2000 here too... But with an OBB nib.. And under 100€ :)

Above all shadows rides the Sun
And Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
Nor bid the Stars farewell.

---

photography: andrejkutarna.net

Franklin Christoph 66 Stabilis in Ice with an EF nib.

Just picked it up from my PO Box today. Totally in love with it, already!

I also recently got a Diplomat Soft Touch as a knockabout pen. It's taking a ride in my regular sized Midori Traveler while my Ohto Tasche gets a much-deserved break.

Edited by Aquaria

Oh--and I'm waiting for a Jinhao x750 that's blue marble swirly. I bought it solely to test out a big sample of BSB that I got from (I think) Vanness.

Edited by Aquaria