What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2017

RMN

Pens that were supposed to arrive on Friday didn't. Damn, the weekend is long. :(

And now they did, but damn again. I received an open envelop with only a couple pens in it. The rest may have fallen in the mail or the seller may not have included them. I am upset the only one I wanted is not there: a rare Platinum PKA500 with a clover pattern that was supposed to be a gift to my wife. :(

How far can I take it against the seller?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• chromantic

• tgoto

• MercianScribe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And now they did, but damn again. I received an open envelop with only a couple pens in it. The rest may have fallen in the mail or the seller may not have included them. I am upset the only one I wanted is not there: a rare Platinum PKA500 with a clover pattern that was supposed to be a gift to my wife. :(

How far can I take it against the seller?

It's their fault that the packaging wasn't sufficient to make it to you intact.

A second red and black M150, this one an EF. I know, I was going to back off after splurging on the EF nib for the 300 but I stumbled across this, it was a "buy now" and it was $60 less than I paid for the first one. PBJs for a couple weeks, yay!

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I went and bought all the things I've been meaning to buy for a while

2 Wing Sung 322 (one green, one red)

Picasso 915 (red)

10 Jinhao nibs (to play around with and italic-ify)

10 Zebra G dip nibs (I'm one my last one and have been for months, and it's really showing)

I might buy an oblique nib holder as well, but otherwise this will be it until the new Lamy Safari comes out. I do need to buy a few more inks, though...

The pens are on their way out of China via DHL, which is neat, because they're usually reasonably fast (betcha I jinxed it now, hah).

The Zebra G nibs arrived yesterday (and hooooh boy I forgot how great those things are when they're not 5 years old), and I'm too lazy to check the tracking for the Jinhao nibs, because I'm not really in a hurry to get them.

Currently waiting for:

Cross Townsend Sienna Lacquer

Kaigelu 316 Charcoal Pearlescent

Picasso 915 Ruby

Jinhao 886

Wing Sung 590

Received Townsend, really pleased with it. As an unexpected but pleasant surprise, it came with a 14K nib (!!! :drool: ) instead of the plated steel nib I was expecting. Also not on the list was a wild Platinum 3776 Century with Cosu nib that appeared a few days ago (and it's been great in initial testing). Still waiting on the Chinese pens... hopefully the Kaigelu 316 will be waiting for me tonight when I get home...

I always forget to post on this thread until the darned pen actually arrives. In this case, it's a grey Estie J on loan from dcpritch, including no less than four Re-New Points. It just got here today.

Because it's Lent, it gets inked up with black; Borealis Black diluted at 2:1 in the hopes of limiting feathering. But of course, that's more of an issue for the paper to correct than nib.

It's been only a week since I received my Pelikan M805 Vibrant Blue and now I've got an M805 Demonstrator in the mail, I've wanted it since forever. I've got a thing for demonstrators.

Five of my pens are back from the trip to Spain (repair/regrind). They are in the post office already, together with a new Bock Twin nib for Kaweco Sport. Will get 'em only tomorrow.

Practice, patience, perseverance

Two more Aurora 88 from the 1950s, one an original, the other an 88P. These are variations on nib weight and cap finish from my existing semi-vintage Auroras. I am preferring these two models as the main ones produced over trying to collect all of the minor models (88K, 888, 98). They hold ink and write but are otherwise unrestored.

X

Ok, now I'm waiting for a Hero 366 in Green, supposed to be a smaller pen from the ones I've previously have ordered.

FP's: Noodler's Charlie Pen, Noodler's King Philip Ahab, JinHao X450 Blue, JinHao X750 Gold, Jinhao 599 Transparent, Hero 366 Green, Hero 9626, Hero 329-A Jinhao Shark Black and Green,Jinhao 992 Coffee, Lamy Safari Black, Lanbitou /2 Transparent/ 1 Black /1 Red/1 Beige, Hero 9075 Black, Twsbi Go Saphire, Jinhao Porcelain Horses, Pilot Vanishing Point Black
INKS: Noodler's Heart of Darkness - Baystate Blue - Apache Sunset - Bullet Proof Black - Blue Nose Bear - Black Swan In Australian Roses - Widow Maker - 54th Massachusetts - Navajo Turquoise - Burning Rome - General of The Armies
OTHER INKS: Thortons - Green / Pelikan-Blue / J. Herbin 1670- Ocean Blue / Diamine Skulls and Roses

Ordered a Noodler's Konrad yesterday from Pure Pens in the UK who seem to be the only retailer in Europe that sells Noodler's pens. I purchased it mainly because I was curious of the infamous smell, haha ;-)

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right. For you'll be criticized anyway." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

waiting for 2 Karas Kustoms -

a) Fountain k in all brass body - my first "heavy" pen

B) Fountain k in barstock derlin material.

Actually with these I will have 3 of Karas pens - already got an INK delivered last week.

Only problem is that this stuff takes 4-5 weeks to deliver from the US.

Ordered a Noodler's Konrad yesterday from Pure Pens in the UK who seem to be the only retailer in Europe that sells Noodler's pens. I purchased it mainly because I was curious of the infamous smell, haha ;-)

People go on and on about the odor of vegetal resin. But honestly -- I've never noticed it one way or the other. And I'm the person that my mom would go to, to have me sniff the leftover roast beef that had been in the fridge a while to see I thought it had gone bad....

More at issue may be the quality control -- although, again, all of mine have had no issues and worked well straight out of the box after flushing first with soapy distilled water.

What color are you getting? I have Medieval Lapis, Hudson's Bay Fathom and Poseidon Pearl. And ended up losing both of the Red Mesa Tortoise Konrads I bought. :( Also have one of the ebonite ones, and again, didn't notice any odor. The only problem I have with mine is that the resin ones tend to have evaporation issues, which may be a problem if you're using really saturated inks. And the Poseidon Pearl, which besides being a dry writer, for some reason does NOT post. Not sure what the problem with the cap is.

Oh, and another issue (probably related to saturated inks) is that on occasion I've had trouble working the piston knob and ended up accidentally unscrewing the back end of the pen. There are a couple of small, permanent Kung Te Cheng stains on my living room settee.... :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The pens are on their way out of China via DHL, which is neat, because they're usually reasonably fast (betcha I jinxed it now, hah).

The Zebra G nibs arrived yesterday (and hooooh boy I forgot how great those things are when they're not 5 years old), and I'm too lazy to check the tracking for the Jinhao nibs, because I'm not really in a hurry to get them.

Well, they're in Singapore now, and have apparently been handed over to the Deutsche Post, which is surprising, but fine by me, as long as they arrive - preferably as fast as possible, hah ;D

I know shipping from China takes time, but man am I hyped for those pens.

People go on and on about the odor of vegetal resin. But honestly -- I've never noticed it one way or the other. And I'm the person that my mom would go to, to have me sniff the leftover roast beef that had been in the fridge a while to see I thought it had gone bad....

I'm that person, too! I'm usually the first to notice when there's a weird smell somewhere. And because so many reviews about the Noodler's pens mentioned the smell, yet others say the don't find it overly smelly, I was getting really curious ;-)

I'm getting the Clear version, I'm into demonstrators since I got my TWSBI Eco two weeks ago :drool:

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right. For you'll be criticized anyway." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Waiting on Omas Extra 630 Demonstrator, fine nib in green color.

Very excited.

I'm going to use Iroshizuku Chiku-rin to go with the color of the pen...

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Well, they're in Singapore now, and have apparently been handed over to the Deutsche Post, which is surprising, but fine by me, as long as they arrive - preferably as fast as possible, hah ;D

I know shipping from China takes time, but man am I hyped for those pens.

*sigh*

okay you can add a silver/white Loom with an F nib to that list. Found one for cheaper on Amazon, and since they somehow seem to be a lot harder to find lately (most likely just a coincidence, since most folks do say they're going to restock, but... y'know), I thought I'd grab one now to avoid regret later. It's been on my list for quite a while now, after all - mostly because I've heard a lot of good things about it, but also because F-C is one of the German brands I'm still missing.

/EDIT: OH HEY also my Chinese pens are now in Frankfurt. This is great! Unless the Germans manage to royally mess up, this may turn out to be the quickest shipment from China I've ever seen.

/EDIT2: Aaaand the pens are here. Neat!

Edited by Guardy