What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2017

RMN

This is the new 2017 version of the old thread!! :)

What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2016

Old topic can be found here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/302621-what-pen-are-you-waiting-for-in-the-mail-2016/page-60

Enjoy.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• chromantic

• tgoto

• MercianScribe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just ordered the most expensive pen I've ever purchased, a rose Visconti Venus for $149, which is the lowest price I've seen for that pen. All my other pens cost under $100, with most of them being quite inexpensive. I'm not a true collector; I just like using fountain pens. I'm generally more susceptible to cute, colorful, or unique inexpensive pens than to mid-level or higher pens.

I had almost bought a Venus about a year ago but resisted. My daughter gave me a stunning Anniversary Van Gogh for Christmas, and I like it so well I started nosing around to see what other Viscontis were out there. I found the Venus again, discounted, so I gave in.

As I've somehow managed to lose two pens from my purse, I dare not carry the Van Gogh. I may risk carrying the Venus, however, but inside a zip pocket or pen case. Also, if I count the in-less-than-perfect-condition vintage Parker 51 Demi, I'll now have enough "decent" pens for my granddaughters to someday have. Well, I really need one more, as I think my daughter might want the Anniversary Van Gogh she'd given me, to which she's certainly entitled. I can't see myself buying any additional pen even close to its price point. Anyway, the purse and the hand-me-down are my two excuses! :blush:

I have no other pen purchases planned at this time. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the great deal!

Think I may now have a grail pen. If I could find an OMAS Ogiva Alba at a decent price (and an unmodified nib). I suspect it will be a real grail pen, and require woolly jumpers in the under world for a decent one to appear at even close to original price.

Well my grail pen is now, by definition, no longer a grail pen, and thanks to eBay and a price just under my willing limit and not much more than it originally sold for, will shortly be on its way to me. Cocktail Blue version.

I am waiting on a Jinhao 599,Jinhao 250,and Jinhao 601 on the slow boat from china.. Also have Noodlers Black on the way too..

I just ordered the most expensive pen I've ever purchased, a rose Visconti Venus for $149, which is the lowest price I've seen for that pen. All my other pens cost under $100, with most of them being quite inexpensive. I'm not a true collector; I just like using fountain pens. I'm generally more susceptible to cute, colorful, or unique inexpensive pens than to mid-level or higher pens.

I had almost bought a Venus about a year ago but resisted. My daughter gave me a stunning Anniversary Van Gogh for Christmas, and I like it so well I started nosing around to see what other Viscontis were out there. I found the Venus again, discounted, so I gave in.

As I've somehow managed to lose two pens from my purse, I dare not carry the Van Gogh. I may risk carrying the Venus, however, but inside a zip pocket or pen case. Also, if I count the in-less-than-perfect-condition vintage Parker 51 Demi, I'll now have enough "decent" pens for my granddaughters to someday have. Well, I really need one more, as I think my daughter might want the Anniversary Van Gogh she'd given me, to which she's certainly entitled. I can't see myself buying any additional pen even close to its price point. Anyway, the purse and the hand-me-down are my two excuses! :blush:

I have no other pen purchases planned at this time. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the great deal!

I received my pale marbled pink Venus pen today, and it is truly beautiful. :wub: The rose gold nib actually matches the rose gold of the section, and isn't the darker toned rose gold color. However, the pen just stops writing after a while, and isn't the greatest writer when it is writing. I've cleaned it with pen flush and tried different inks. I've contacted the seller to advise me what to do. I don't want to send it back, but I do need a better nib/feed unit. I'm afraid they may not have any more of this pen in stock, as I can't find it on their website tonight, and they don't offer nib units in the rose gold. I'm going to start a topic on Visconti here in hopes of getting some advice from you folks, in case they don't have another or can't exchange just the rose gold nib unit.

PS: I lasted almost a week. I've ordered a dark blue Pilot Stella 90S from amazon. I couldn't help it. (I need to stay off this website!!) So now I'm waiting for it in the mail. It's the first pen I've bought that will actually be shipped from Japan. As someone else mentioned, I'd love to, and always have until this point, patronize US sellers, but not at such a huge price difference (~$85, free shipping, vs ~$154).

TWSBI Mini Classic, 1.1mm stub nib.

Finally used some birthday money.

pen arrived in office of apt. complex 12/31/2016; office closed before i could pick it up, so had to wait until yesterday morning (closed Sunday, then Monday holiday). fetched, and unboxed when i got to work; but i had no ink. FINALLY inked last night. my e's still close most of the time, and i am acclimating to the smooth section that easily permits rotation--but getting used to this one is overall a pleasure. i'd say it was worth the wait.

I just ordered a Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night (Fine) with a Lamy Leather Case (as The Writing Desk did not have a Visconti case in stock) for the fancy price of $280 AUD / 165 British Pounds (About $200 USD)

My next purchase that is on it's way is a Plain Black Visconti Michaelangello with a Palladium Nib (Medium) where I can also buy some visconti cases as well. But have to wait for the order to arrive at the store before I can get my sticky hands all over it. *drool*

Pelikan M1000 green stripe M nib for less than an M600 new. Did not want a new pen but damned if I pass on a deal like that!

Montblanc is still taking their sweet time with their OBBB nib for my platinum-furnitured 149. That's just fine--I know La Couronne du Comte will ship it as soon as it comes in.

I already have a plan for using it to sign those wretched insurance forms that give you a tiny space about an inch long to sign your name. I'll just use the OBBB over the bottom third of the page with the most outrageous ink I can think of. Miserable bastards.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Put in an offer on a Conklin Duragraph Amber with a fine nib last night on eBay (madisonfinepen). The seller is based in Wisconsin and I'm in California so I woke this morning to see that they had accepted my offer! I've purchased from this seller before and had a good experience and they have a nice selection too.

Last year I bought a Conklin Sleeve Filler limited edition in a brown swirl color with a medium nib. It doesn't start up right away unless I give the bladder a squeeze and I hadn't written with it in a while but used it last night too write a letter to a friend. Using it reminded me that I liked its larger size (my other pens are mostly small - Pilot Prera, Esterbrook SJ, Kaweco Sport, Pelikan 120 and M200) so it was a nice switch to use a larger pen.

I thought I had cooled on pens for a while when suddenly the Duragraph popped up in a search and its beautiful resin coloring caught my eye. I'd been wanting an orange pen too and I justified the purchase further because the only other standard cartridge pen I have is the Kaweco Sports but this Duragraph could use long international cartridges and a converter so it had a new function that I hadn't had yet..

Do you all use justification like this to add to your collections? :)

A Noodler's Nib Creaper. I know, I've heard good and bad about it, but I'm up for the challenge. :D (And if I don't like it, or if I do :P, I can buy the other 2 Noodler's flexy pens.) I really adore the way vintage flex pens write, but I can't justify (or have the budget right now) to buy one, so starting small.

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

Ordered, awaiting shipping confirmation:

> My first Esterbrook - finally! - a shiny Dubonet red SJ with 1550 nib (whatever that is), "vintage working" it says

> Kaweco Sport in metallic purple, F nib (thanks to a fellow FPNer)

> unknown mini (3 1/4") lever-fill, orange with black trim, new sac

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.