Trunk Show Today At Pen Boutique Montgomery Mall

PenBoutique

TRUNK SHOW TODAY, 12/21 from 10am-5pm

If you're in the Maryland + DC + NOVA area, stop by our store at the Montgomery Mall today to check out our Trunk Show. Yafa (Delta, Monteverde, Stipula) representative Ken Jones will be at the store with tons of pens to hold and try. We're having some great sales on these brands today, as well. Come in and say "Hello"!

Best,

The Pen Boutique Team

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenBoutique

• Darkman

• JordanN

We are located in the Montgomery Mall next to the Evelyn & Crab Tree. Call if you're lost!

301-365-2136

7101 Democracy Blvd Bethesda, MD 20817

Best,

The Pen Boutique Team

Pen Boutique
Blog

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

I had a very disappointing experience with your store today. You had the gvfc Guilloche Chevron ballpoint listed on your web site for $112. When I called to place the order, the sales rep would not honor the listed price, and instead tried to sell it to me for $150. During or after the call, the price was changed to $225.

-DM

I had a very disappointing experience with your store today. You had the gvfc Guilloche Chevron ballpoint listed on your web site for $112. When I called to place the order, the sales rep would not honor the listed price, and instead tried to sell it to me for $150. During or after the call, the price was changed to $225.

-DM

I have bought pens from them. Some of their sales staff at the Columbia location are very enthusiastic fountain pen users. There's a really nice girl there who let me try out her Lamy 2000, and another who helped me wife to pick a matching pink ink color from their swatch book for her new pen. They have a neat prize wheel at the counter when you check out, and we won a free ballpoint/stylus the first time, and a baggie of ink samples the second time.

They recently had a mini-pen show where a couple of vendors were there showing off their pens. I left with a new Shaeffer 300 and a new Monteverde Intima which were both half-off ($37). The Shaeffer has been amazing from the start, and the Monteverde has been a pain to get working.

My wife enjoys shopping there enough to she actually asks for us to go there sometimes.

However, I would spend so much more money there if they would be more aggressive or at least consistent on their pricing. Their in-store prices need to match their online prices. I wanted to buy a Lamy 2000 from them. They had it listed online for about $159, but in store at ~$198. They offered a discount, but no where close to their online price. I ultimately bought the pen on Amazon for about $120; I always provide a mental brick and mortar margin of 10-20% for the convenience of having the item instantly and supporting a local business. One solution for them would be to price match the lowest Amazon price + 15% convenience/instant-gratification fee in store.

Edited by JordanN

• 2 weeks later...

-DM

Thank you for calling us. Extremely sorry about that. We were trying to update the cost price and somehow ended up updating the retail price. We were sorry for this mistake and apologize for this human error. We did offer this pen at special price.

Pen Boutique
Blog

I have bought pens from them. Some of their sales staff at the Columbia location are very enthusiastic fountain pen users. There's a really nice girl there who let me try out her Lamy 2000, and another who helped me wife to pick a matching pink ink color from their swatch book for her new pen. They have a neat prize wheel at the counter when you check out, and we won a free ballpoint/stylus the first time, and a baggie of ink samples the second time.

They recently had a mini-pen show where a couple of vendors were there showing off their pens. I left with a new Shaeffer 300 and a new Monteverde Intima which were both half-off ($37). The Shaeffer has been amazing from the start, and the Monteverde has been a pain to get working.

My wife enjoys shopping there enough to she actually asks for us to go there sometimes.

However, I would spend so much more money there if they would be more aggressive or at least consistent on their pricing. Their in-store prices need to match their online prices. I wanted to buy a Lamy 2000 from them. They had it listed online for about $159, but in store at ~$198. They offered a discount, but no where close to their online price. I ultimately bought the pen on Amazon for about $120; I always provide a mental brick and mortar margin of 10-20% for the convenience of having the item instantly and supporting a local business. One solution for them would be to price match the lowest Amazon price + 15% convenience/instant-gratification fee in store.

Thank you for shopping with us and we appreciate your support. We appreciate you support for local business.

Our store price should be matching our online price. We do have the tag with the retail price but do the discounts. In store we even have automatic rewards also which redeems itself at certain point automatically. We do price match with any authorized pen retailers ( however, do not price match with amazon since it is filled with unauthorized retailers ).

Once again thank you for supporting local small business. We appreciate it.

Pen Boutique
Blog