On Dec 17th, I posted a topic ''Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen Beaufort Ink Converter'' in the Nibs and Tines sunforum of the FPN. I misspelled the name Beaufort Ink (where I get the Bock nibs from in the UK) in the title, but the FPN does not allow you to edit the title of the post once there.
So on Dec 19th, I contacted both moderators of FPN Nibs and Tines subforum to ask for help to correct the spelling mistake.
The following day, I discovered my post was missing and after some search I discovered it was placed in a different subforum, namely the ''It Writes, But It Is Not A Fountain Pen....'' subforum. I think this has not done justice to my post. And here is why:
As stated in the FPN home page, The ''Of Nibs & Tines'' subforum heading includes topics such as ''Questions and Discussions about Nibs of any Materials, Preferences, Feeds, Flow Adjustment, the Why, How and What all go here.'', and my modified Jinhao pen with the rollerball nib fully qualifies under such description, since:
- it involves a fountain pen body
- it uses fountain pen ink, and not a rollerball refill
- it includes a fountain pen converter
- it has a feed
- it has a nib, even though it is a rollerball nib. Subforum description does not state that only pens with Nibs WITH tines should be mentioned here. There are other other fountain pens with alternative nibs, for instance, the Pilot Parallel pen that have 2 plates as a nib but who can claim that they are not fountain pens and do not belong to be discussed in this subforum? Also there are the Hero 360 degree nib fountain pens, who can argue if they are fountain pens or not?
- The subforum heading is ''Of Nibs & Tines'' and it is not ''Of Nibs WITH Tines'', If this was the case, then the subforum description should clearly state so.
- Finally I do not understand how my modification should stand along with other posts in the ''It Writes, But It Is Not A Fountain Pen....'' subforum, including typewriters, ballpoint pens, pencils, gel refill rollerballs etc.
With all due respect to the moderators of ''Of Nibs & Tines'' subforum, I would appreciate it if they kindly reconsider transferring my post back in its initial place, which is a place we all have contributed and loved.
Edited by Frank66, 19 December 2016 - 19:02.