PreciseImpressions98

Hello Fountain Pen Network! This is my first post and I was hoping to receive some help identifying and valuing some Parker pens I recently received. Now, I know this is the "Fountain" Pen Network for a reason, but my pens are ballpoints.

I currently have three ballpoint Parker pens I would like to have valued and 1 of them is not an Insignia. I have no clue what it is, so I would like help identifying it.

The two I know about are a Parker Insignia ballpoint pen in the Athenes finish and 1 in the Sterling Silver finish. Both have Parker emblems/badges on them and I was wondering how this affects the rareness or value of the pens. I'll have all three pens in pictures below. Please help and thanks you for any future responses!

post-133507-0-01850900-1482090048_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-87327000-1482090057_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-93128600-1482090067_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-44455700-1482090077_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-65869500-1482090089_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-24282900-1482090101_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-75310100-1482090111_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-34279600-1482090124_thumb.jpgpost-133507-0-09057400-1482090138_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PreciseImpressions98

• Wolverine1

• mitto

• Flippy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there!

Welcome aboard. :W2FPN:

Depends. If I were you, I would remove them because someone might not like the badges. If they are completely attached or moulded onto the clip, just keep it in that case. Thos two models are actually very valuable.

Edited by CaptainRollerball

The first one is Parker 180 Imperial ballpoint. The second and third look to be Parker 75 Premier ballpoints. For more information you may visit parkerpens.net and parker75.com.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

the first one is a parker arrow ball point

the second pen is insignia athenes

the third one is insignia sterling silver cisele

best

ali

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, these ballpoint pens are neither rare or nor are especially valuable. Sorry.

Edited by Wolverine1

Thanks for the response guys! I had recently received a bunch of Parker Insignias and the first unnamed pen above. I was looking to see if they were worth keeping or if U should sell them, so thanks for the responses!

I had a look at the Parker 180 Imperial ballpoint and it doesn't seem that my first pen matches it. Mine looks closest to a Parker 95, but there aren't any pictures of the ballpoint pen version for me to confirm my suspicions.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, these ballpoint pens are neither rare or nor are especially valuable. Sorry.

Can you expand on this? I've seen the versions without a badge being sold for over a hundred a pop so I would think these are pretty valuable in comparison. I also would like to figure out if the badge had any bearing on the value so an expansion on this statement would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, I have a friend from the local pen-collectors club who is a fanatic Parker collector. He does a fair amount of buying and selling. I was talking to him last Saturdat for him to get me some NOS Parker 51 fountain pens. Then I asked to look at his big attache case to what he had on him. He offered me a Parker 75 ballpoint like the one in your pictures. He said it would see for $40.00 at the pen shows like the Ohio Pen Show, the Chicago Pen Show.

I think you would probably get much more if you sold your pens on eBay or even on CraigsList. People here or at pen shows will be people specifically interested in fountain pens, so, they generally wont pay much for ballpoint pens. EBay and CL will attract people with a wide variety of interests, so you are likely to fetch better prices there.

The logos attached to the clips will reduce the value.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

The logos attached to the clips will reduce the value.

Well, I have a friend from the local pen-collectors club who is a fanatic Parker collector. He does a fair amount of buying and selling. I was talking to him last Saturdat for him to get me some NOS Parker 51 fountain pens. Then I asked to look at his big attache case to what he had on him. He offered me a Parker 75 ballpoint like the one in your pictures. He said it would see for $40.00 at the pen shows like the Ohio Pen Show, the Chicago Pen Show.

I think you would probably get much more if you sold your pens on eBay or even on CraigsList. People here or at pen shows will be people specifically interested in fountain pens, so, they generally wont pay much for ballpoint pens. EBay and CL will attract people with a wide variety of interests, so you are likely to fetch better prices there.

Thanks both of you! This information is very helpful and I'll see what I get when selling my Parker Insignias on Ebay or Craigslist.