Whitelines Paper, Back In The Usa!

pen2paper

Is this paper the same that is used in the new line of leuchtturm 1917 notebooks?

They might be using up old stock. The new Whitelines behaves extremely well with the wet, sloppy pens that I prefer. I like that it's not as slick-feeling as, say, Rhodia, but still not a hint of feathering.

Herb

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen2paper

• DaveT

• Ghost Plane

• HDRoot

They might be using up old stock. The new Whitelines behaves extremely well with the wet, sloppy pens that I prefer. I like that it's not as slick-feeling as, say, Rhodia, but still not a hint of feathering.

Herb

I agree, not as slick as the Rhodia and Clairefontaine. But still a pleasure to write on.

I am enjoying the grid paper. It is really nice to use something different and the grid is very subtle. It is much easier on my eyes than regular grid paper.

Edited by DaveT

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

I've been quietly inquiring-Urging Whitelines to seek the quality of Roaring Springs USA product, no bleed, no feather, smooth for their Leuchtturm1917.

Understand the Whitelines product from PA USA continues consistently, (as new reports post), leaps better with all the qualities we seek = no bleed, no feather, two sided use. And my favorite easy on the eye feature draws attention to what's on the paper, instead of intrusive lines.

What I understand from the Old SE products I enjoyed, slightly dry but good quality, (prefer smooth like Cranes, not super slick), to Australian reports of less satisfactory Malaysian manufacture, and for the present a disconnect to Leuchturm-Germany - I think that's simply a products-across-international borders issue - for now anyway.

The Roaring Springs PA USA manufacturer is busy with "just released" current production of fountain ink friendly quality papers for Our use.

My first experience with DaveT as a first business carrying the product has been a best of the best experience.

Great communication before and after, swift - well packaged delivery.

The old stock imported from Sweden was very expensive, This new upgraded paper available in the USA is so reasonably priced, I doubt you can buy basic quality paper legal/graph pads/notebooks at big box stores for less than Dave has priced Whitelines. An early statement from this large US company was a planned effort to bring these to us at reasonable cost. Pleased to find this true to their word.

Edited by pen2paper

Is this paper the same that is used in the new line of leuchtturm 1917 notebooks? If so I have had quite a few issues using the paper with various pens and inks since receiving my notebook. The paper has a tendency to bleed quite badly and only really works well with F or EF nibs in my opinion.

Is this paper the same that is used in the new line of leuchtturm 1917 notebooks? If so I have had quite a few issues using the paper with various pens and inks since receiving my notebook. The paper has a tendency to bleed quite badly and only really works well with F or EF nibs in my opinion.

I am surprised you have with these note books! I just started on and I have had no issue with that. I have used a couple of Nakaya medium nibs and a TWSBI 1.1 stub and have not had an issue, but I will be watching.

I am surprised you have with these note books! I just started on and I have had no issue with that. I have used a couple of Nakaya medium nibs and a TWSBI 1.1 stub and have not had an issue, but I will be watching.

You found Leuchtturm2017 in the USA? or shipped in from Eu?

oops I should have included "Leuchtturm With Whitelines Paper".

Goulet's link and their stock shows a gray line or dot on a Taiwan manufacture regular off-white paper, but not subtle Whitelines on grey with the App icon, so this is not Whitelines paper.

While there is such a product from this German company, what Goulet's have listed now doesn't include the option for Whitelines paper. They do note what they have is better than Moleskine, but not quite Rhodia-like.

I really like Leuchtturm's format, but still holding out for the WL's version. Are you able to write on both sides of your Leuchtturm with no bleed through?

Simply to be clear, Whitelines paper from PA USA is improved and tests on this paper have shown it to be very ink friendly, no bleed through or feathering, so usable on both sides!

Edited by pen2paper

Yes I can write on both sides. I am looking for an A5 notebook, but the one listed on AD is not a true A5.

Will have to keep looking.

Good News !

The free samples from Roaring Springs are back!

link here:

http://rspaperproducts.com/whitelines/

These have been a variety pack of 3 full sized products.

As Whitelines is now becoming available for sale to the public, do move quickly to order these samples to test for yourself, before the free samples concludes.

If you scroll down you will see that FPN's DaveT's Penworx is now listed as carrying Whitelines.

I have no association with either company, simply voicing encouragement to test for yourselves what's proving to be an ink-friendly product for our various uses.

Do compare prices and free shipping offer. Roaring Springs stated they would bring Whitelines to us at an affordable price. They followed through*, as has Penworx*.

*at these prices a daily use paper.

Whiteline's - from Roaring Springs Paper in PA USA - just launched in 2017.

Had a notice recently they will become available in B&M's and are still sending sample packages.

Here's the link:

http://rspaperproducts.com/whitelines/#whitelines-sample-request

Thanks pen2paper for the heads up. Just signed up for a sample and downloaded the app. Certainly looks interesting.

Mary

Glad to hear that Mary. Let us know how it works for you.

Reminder ALL, that This Sampler may end Tomorrow, so send in your request via the link asap!

Link to receive samples:

Edited by pen2paper

I signed up for the free sampler pack last week and just received it today. What a pleasant surprise.

Hardly any feathering:

i-G5Pjd9s-XL.jpg

A little bleedthrough with Noodler's Apache Sunset:

i-FJmGrh3-XL.jpg

the economical penster - celebrating inexpensive pens!

I received my sample pack today. So far I've only tried the lined pad, and I really like it. I did have some bleed through, but it wasn't bad. It bleed a little with a M nib and Diamine-Red Dragon. It bled worse with Diamine-Burgundy Rose, but I had a heavy line in the areas that bled. Still you could write on the back of the page, and I could see the white line in good light, from the back side of the paper. Feathering was not a problem. I did have a wetter pen that did manage some very minute feathering in the pooled spots. I will continue to test the paper out. At this point I can say if the price is right, I will definitely be buying some of this paper. I don't have a smart phone, so I haven't done the app thing. I will be testing the other paper with different pens and inks too. I will report back when I've done more testing. Thanks for letting us know about this paper. So far I'm happy with mine.

Tried out the wirebound book this evening. The only one I haven't tried is the engineering pad. I will test it tomorrow. I looked at the prices, so yes I will be buying some of this paper for sure. So their samples made them a sale!

I tried out the engineering pad today. It seemed to be a little better on the small bleed through, with the more juicy pen. It should be the same paper, so that is a little odd. The rest of the ink I put on there did well. It isn't as good as Rhodia, but it is definitely worth having. I like the light gray, with the white lines. So I made an order today for Whitelines from A&D Penworx.

KKay, Thank you!!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Glad to hear that Mary. Let us know how it works for you.

Reminder ALL, that This Sampler may end Tomorrow, so send in your request via the link asap!

Link to receive samples:

Unbelievable! I signed up for this on 2/27 and it arrived today! The paper is really excellent and very fountain pen friendly. No problem so far with any inks I've used. Thanks again, pen2paper, for alerting us to this awesome deal and paper.

Mary

I received a package from them today as well. I'm looking forward to having my wife evaluate the pages for her college classes in a couple of weeks. She likes to take notes on paper with fountain pens and mechanical pencil and scan them into OneNote 2016.

So glad to hear all the continued solid reviews!

I thought this was a smart move of Whitelines Roaring Springs to be so generous - and quick- with 3 full sized samples to get this improved ink friendly paper directly into the hands of those who will find it most useful. At Super modest prices too!

Since I mostly use fine-medium nibs, and smooth but drier Lamy 1.1's I had to use alternate inks like Sharpie and paint pens to test heavy bleed through.

Ability to use both sides is such a plus.

Thanks for the Noodler's review. Inks that "puddle" their shadings with wet wide nibs needed a visual to show two-side usage is another positive feature.

Since this is proving to be a valid everyday fountain pen paper, And Roaring Springs is being responsive supporting this release, we should continue to review & report so that it continues in this same (or better) consistency. If it flies Roaring Springs may listen to requests for specific products and sizes. (hoping for bound journal/planner).

Grateful Thanks to DaveT! After testing his own samples as valid contacted Roaring Springs to bring Whitelines to the fountain pen community.

Roaring Springs stated not only was their intent to bring a quality product to the USA, but affordable too. Dave followed through in that too. (very well done!).

I see that for now the samples continue, but then do check Dave's quick availability and super affordable prices.

http://rspaperproducts.com/whitelines/#whitelines-sample-request

and continue with reviews here. :) Love to see engineering pad designs & artwork, then use on the App. there's some very cool photos on the web.