Whitelines Paper, Back In The Usa!

pen2paper

The more I use them, the better I like them. Very soothing for note taking in low lighting such as conferences with dimly lit slide presentations.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen2paper

• DaveT

• Ghost Plane

• HDRoot

Just a quick update. My order has been placed and I have an order confirmation(yay).

I do not know if Roaring Springs sends shipping notices or not. But I will have this available on my website soon!

Edited by DaveT

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Such good news!

Every report of the new-current paper from Roaring Springs PA suggests their improvements to high end paper smoothness, their previous minimal bleed-through is now Non-bleed-through/non-feather (even using Sharpie paint pens), so both sides of Whitelines is usable, and USA availability = reasonable retail cost makes this paper a solid contender for every day use. What I've been looking for is consistent quality - so far so good!

Thanks for taking this line on DaveT!

Whether the App can render exacting color isn't a deal breaker for me since the ability to copy and organize notes is still a super interesting option.

For calligrapher's Whitelines gives you subtle lines on the original, which entirely disappear when you reprint from originals.

Aside from the App, I'd like to see an ink journal that includes a variety of papers, including Whitelines.

Just a quick update. My order has been placed and I have an order confirmation(yay).

I do not know if Roaring Springs sends shipping notices or not. But I will have this available on my website soon!

I received a shipment notification shortly after posting the previous post. It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow(2/15).

If all looks good in the shipment it will be available for sale tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by DaveT

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Sample pack came in today's mail and I'm impressed. Worlds better than the old Whitelines. The only way I could get ink to bleed through was to make a puddle. Looks great with MB Oyster Gray.

I notice that Whitelines is available unlined. So I guess that's plain gray? I dunno.

Herb

Sample pack came in today's mail and I'm impressed. Worlds better than the old Whitelines. The only way I could get ink to bleed through was to make a puddle. Looks great with MB Oyster Gray.

I notice that Whitelines is available unlined. So I guess that's plain gray? I dunno.

Herb

The sketch book is plain gray paper, no lines.

I just took another look and the RS website says that the color of all of the WL products is white. Hmm.

I did not find the reference you mentioned about all products being white. And I am not an expert in paper manufacturing, but it appears to me it's white paper and the gray is printed on the paper. I will try and get clarification from them tomorrow.

Edited by DaveT

In my opinion, the sketch book is more white than gray. Maybe very light gray? Definitely not as gray as the legal pad.

In my opinion, the sketch book is more white than gray. Maybe very light gray? Definitely not as gray as the legal pad.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not get the sketchbook in my sample pack.

I take that back, I think I did get a sketchbook. I gave it to a friend. I do not recall the color difference. I am glad you took notice of that difference.

Edited by DaveT

I did not find the reference you mentioned about all products being white. And I am not an expert in paper manufacturing, but it appears to me it's white paper and the gray is printed on the paper. I will try and get clarification from them tomorrow.

I am guessing this is in reference to paper being white. I noticed the page you referened late last night.

Some of them are listed as white and some white offset. I am waiting for Roaring Springs to get back to me on the difference.

The shipment is here. We are excited to offer this to the community. See Mall section for direct link to the web listing.

Edited by DaveT

Dave is correct. The sketchbook came in my sample pack. It is very light gray, almost white. I'm sure to not intrude as a color in artwork or designs.

The App icon in each corner is very white.

The shipment is here. We are excited to offer this to the community. See Mall section for direct link to the web listing.

Yay! sincere Thanks DaveT!

The prices are amazing! HUge difference coming from PA USA - instead of imported from SE and postage from CA.

Thanks Roaring Springs for bringing this paper to PA USA! AND the super-improvements to highly ink friendly.

Such good news!

Is this paper the same that is used in the new line of leuchtturm 1917 notebooks? If so I have had quite a few issues using the paper with various pens and inks since receiving my notebook. The paper has a tendency to bleed quite badly and only really works well with F or EF nibs in my opinion.

Edited by Han5gruber

Apparently not, as I'm scrawling on the lined pad with big nibs. Might be ink dependent, but I haven't had a chance to play with them as I'm using the paper in my office for my business jotting, so it gets my more corporate-friendly pen/ink combos.

I received the pad and notebook and they are just great for fp ink both broad and fine nibs.

Time will say nothing but I told you so.