Indian Piston Filler

viju

Hello and greetings to all,

I would like to buy an Indian made piston filling pen. I already have a chelpark Sona and I am very satisfied with it. I would like to buy a couple of piston filling pens but none are available locally in TRIVANDRUM, KERALA. If you have any suggestions on a well built reliable Indian piston filling pen which can withstand some rough handling, please suggest. Since none are available to me locally, please suggest where I can buy them online. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Viju

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• viju

• mhguda

• dinuraj

• k3eax

Top Posters In This Topic

You should definitely try click Neo tulip from Asa pens.

http://asapens.in/eshop/fountain-pen/click-fountain-pens-india-online-manufacturer/click-neo-tulip-transparent-colourful-piston-fountain-pen

The pen is made of translucent acrylic and may not be super robust. But, the piston was smooth and the nib was a pleasure to write with.

I heard that fosfor pens also has piston fillers now. But, they are expensive as they are custom made and there is a 30 week waiting period.

Thank you Dinuraj. I bought some from ASA and infact my chelpark Sona was from asa. Here in Trivandrum some good brands like airmail wality is available but only eyedroppers. I am sure some good piston fillers are there and I hope to get some suggestions from people who use them. I will definitely check Neo tulip and fosfor

Airmail has a piston filler model 77p with hooded nib but it is not very smooth piston and appear flimsy at section barrel threads and not durable. Airmail also has a piston filler similar to 71j but that too has tight piston. ( at least 6-7 pens I tried from the box) Gama has a piston filler and you can get it through ASA. But I have not seen in person or tried it.

Edited by prashant.tikekar

What model is the Gama piston filler? All the models ASA has listed are either eyedroppers or 3-in-1 with converter, cartridge, or eyedropper option...

BTW Airmail/Wality also has a sturdier piston filler, model numbers 52P and 52PD (with design cap) which I got through a friend. Very decently-made pens.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Now in speaking of ASA, it would seem thas

What model is the Gama piston filler? All the models ASA has listed are either eyedroppers or 3-in-1 with converter, cartridge, or eyedropper option...

BTW Airmail/Wality also has a sturdier piston filler, model numbers 52P and 52PD (with design cap) which I got through a friend. Very decently-made pens.

Now in speaking of ASA, it seems most everything is out-of-stock or sold out. Just what does that indicate?

Now in speaking of ASA, it would seem thas

Now in speaking of ASA, it seems most everything is out-of-stock or sold out. Just what does that indicate?

A better thing to do would be to reach out ASA Pens via whatsapp/messenger for availability. I was lucky enough to get a few pens that way even though it was listed as out of stock on the portal.

His contact no is available in this post

Thank to all for the reply. Personally I like the traditional piston fillers with striated ink window. I will check with subramaniam of asa pens, but if you use any piston filling pens , please comment. I value your opinions than searching online.

Hi Viju, Is the size/girth of the pen important to you? I have posed a similar question (Economical Piston Filler?) in another thread and, although my concentration is on Indian pens, it is not limited to those. If I hear of anything mentioned that isn't discussed here, I'll let you know.

James

Thank you Dinuraj. I bought some from ASA and infact my chelpark Sona was from asa. Here in Trivandrum some good brands like airmail wality is available but only eyedroppers. I am sure some good piston fillers are there and I hope to get some suggestions from people who use them. I will definitely check Neo tulip and fosfor

Sometime back, I got a camlin piston filler from a shop in Bangalore. I think it was camlin sleek. It was too slim for me and I did not use it much. But, the nib was smooth. Let me see if I can find another one here. You can check out camlin 47-p as well. Below is a review

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/69468-camlin-47/

It seems to be available in some online stores.

http://www.offimart.com/pens-writing-supplies/camlin-fountain-pen-47-p/p-5755434-27709567449-cat.html#variant_id=5755434-27709567449

You can check out kanwrite zephyr and kanwrite heritage as well. I don't have any personal experience with them. But, I have used their nibs and they are good. Below are the amazon links.

http://www.amazon.in/Kanwrite-KW-FP-ZEPHYR-039-Zephyr-Fountain-Pen/dp/B01GZQNYGO/ref=pd_sbs_229_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DFT6A10K15WM4YZW5H3M

http://www.amazon.in/Kanwrite-KW-FP-HTG-035-HERITAGE-Fountain-Pen/dp/B01A6KI7CG/ref=sr_1_24?srs=9691594031&ie=UTF8&qid=1482084900&sr=8-24

thanks,

Dinuraj

Edited by dinuraj

A better thing to do would be to reach out ASA Pens via whatsapp/messenger for availability. I was lucky enough to get a few pens that way even though it was listed as out of stock on the portal.

His contact no is available in this post

I have repeatedly asked when the Jumbo Doctor ED would again be available and have never received a reply. And so. you can see what results reaching out brings.

Not sure when you asked, but they have had some bad weather in Chennai, and I understand that Subramaniam is virtually incommunicado because of it. So it could take a while before he can respond.

Hi Viju, Is the size/girth of the pen important to you? I have posed a similar question (Economical Piston Filler?) in another thread and, although my concentration is on Indian pens, it is not limited to those. If I hear of anything mentioned that isn't discussed here, I'll let you know.

Yes the size does matter for me. I like pen to have some girth and length around 12 mm or higher uncapped for me to feel comfortable and I don't post pen while writing.

Yes. Wality 52 P or PD could be a good one to consider. I just saw a review done by Vaibhav Mehandiratta and he says the build quality is good . As Prasanth said Gama piston fillers . I send an email to Mr.Subramaniam if they have in stock . BTW does Deccan pens make piston fillers ? I heard they make good quality fountain pens.

that piston filler gama is Gama "Eagle".You are right, Wality 52 p and 52 pd are really good.

Sagar Bhowmick

Thank you Sagar. Now I know what to ask for next! :)

Viju, I don't know if Deccan makes piston fillers, but I am under the impression they don't (but have been known to have wrong impression many many times!). I do know that all my Deccans are eyedropper-filled: Bullet (both senior and the smaller junior), Advocate (regular and junior size), and Author.

And yes these are all very good pens. In fact I mostly encounter the eyedropper-related problems when I let the pen lie too long unused but inked. Then, especially when the ink level is low, I may find ink in the cap when I take it up again, and it may blurp. When I use them regularly I can write them dry without a blurp - although when the ink level is very low I do see the flow increase for a while. A sign that a refill is in order.