International Klein Blue

Scriptorius

Just for giggles, I should mention that Aurora blue is an amazing ink and one of my favorites.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/12-December/slides/2016-12-24_Ink_114.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Scriptorius

• lapis

• ac12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/12-December/slides/2016-12-07-Ink_33.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue/slides/06-Akkerman.jpg

This mix with Sargasso Sea is awesome.http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/12-December/slides/2016-12-12-12-20-56.jpg

\

can you example of BSB blue vs others...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I know this is a blue thread, but that KWZ Green #3 is a really nice color, another possible lookalike for Penman Emerald.

To keep this on topic, that sample of Aurora Blue doesn't have any purple tones, that I regularly see with it. But I agree that it is an amazing ink and one of my favorites as well.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

By chance I have just been trawling through blues. It seems to me that Aurora Blue is nigh identical with Waterman Blue, when I look at swatches and writing from the same source.

IKB does not seem so different from the Waterman, allowing for commentary above, that I would be pursuing a closer match myself.

X

But my Aurora Blue is a lot more saturated/intense than Waterman's. It also has less (if any) green. If anything, more red.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Then I should buy it (the Aurora) :)

I'd like to say that if you're into blues for sure, then you need at least Aurora's and Visconti's.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

But my Aurora Blue is a lot more saturated/intense than Waterman's. It also has less (if any) green. If anything, more red.

I haven't tried the Aurora Blue, but I was able to confirm that Jinhao Blue (only available in cartridges, but cheap, so buy a lot and decant them into a bottle) is very much like Waterman Florida/Serenity Blue, but better behaved (less feathering/bleeding) and more intense.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I'd like to say that if you're into blues for sure, then you need at least Aurora's and Visconti's.

Mike

I have followed your advice by ordering a bottle of Aurora Blue this morning. I am NOT "into Blues," BUT it's frequent recommendation as a superior ink by so many users makes me feel I should @ least TRY it. I vacillated between the Visconti/Aurora, but that plastic bottle LOST; never having used either ink, the elegant glass bottle WON.

(In full disclosure, I was ordering more bottles of the Stipula "Fading Grey" ink, to correct my mistaken order of the earlier Stipula "Dark" Grey as recent gifts, that Aurora made free shipping possible & seemed like kismet!)

Amber

How does Noodler's blue compare to Liberty's Elysium, for a match to IKB?

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

My concern is that I've only seen IKB on the computer and matching colors that way is really difficult. If you like, I can load up a pen with Liberty Elysium and send you a letter for you to compare if you are familiar with IKB.

\

can you example of BSB blue vs others...

Of all things, I didn't ink up with BSB during the 2016 year so I will ink up a a pen with BSB. I'm thinking that the great comparison this year will be showing inks in comparison to BSB instead of PPS.

My concern is that I've only seen IKB on the computer and matching colors that way is really difficult. If you like, I can load up a pen with Liberty Elysium and send you a letter for you to compare if you are familiar with IKB.

Thanks Amber.

I have LE (which I like the color of), but not Noodler's blue.

From experience, looking at ink on a screen is less than 50/50 that it will match ink on paper. So I can't match up to IKB, as good as it looks on screen.

I also have PR DCSS blue. This ink sometimes looks identical to LE.

This IKB thread has got my attention back to blue, from my normal green inks.

I also ask, because LE is not a very well behaved ink in my pens. If I pause to think or contemplate, as little at 1 minute, the nib dries out, and needs a dip in water to get flowing again. And that water dip dilutes the ink.

www.SFPenShow.com

Thanks Amber.

I have LE (which I like the color of), but not Noodler's blue.

From experience, looking at ink on a screen is less than 50/50 that it will match ink on paper. So I can't match up to IKB, as good as it looks on screen.

I also have PR DCSS blue. This ink sometimes looks identical to LE.

This IKB thread has got my attention back to blue, from my normal green inks.

I also ask, because LE is not a very well behaved ink in my pens. If I pause to think or contemplate, as little at 1 minute, the nib dries out, and needs a dip in water to get flowing again. And that water dip dilutes the ink.

I love DCSSB. So, you want me to ink up Noodler's Blue?

And please consider my favorite Cajun example: George Rodrique's BLUE DOG!

Barking,

This is such a great reference, it deserves an illustration:

[/url]">http://http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj157/dick168/Screen%20Shot%202016-12-26%20at%204.31.07%20PM_zpsp5mz3mem.png

copyright material from George Rodrigue Blue Dog 1994

I love DCSSB. So, you want me to ink up Noodler's Blue?

Yes, just a comparison of Noodler's blue to LE.

thanks

www.SFPenShow.com

Blue Dog, Red Dog

http://www.charlottereeves.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_9787.jpg

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching