The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker 51 Mark Iii Plastic.

parker 51 mark iii plastic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elandaria

Elandaria

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:10

I got my first P51 today and I just find out that is Mark III.
I just read that this pens were not made with the same materials as the Mark I or Mark II; instead of lucite the used a softer plastic that is more propense to shrink and scratching.
My pen is in excellent condition, actually I think Im the first owner, so my question is: how much time does my pen have before any signs of shrinking or finger wear marks or anything like that?

I'm kind of sad because I bought this pen for its bulletproofness... :(

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 17:07

No need to be sad. They are as bulletproof as could be especially when new. It is only that they are not made of the material as used for the earlier MK1/2 51s. If you handle them with care they may outlast you. Congrats on your new 51.

What color, trim and cap combination your new 51 is?
Khan M. Ilyas

#3 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,897 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:49

I have had a UK mark III 51 in bloody burgundy for at least 15 yeaars.  It still works the same and looks great.  Rolled gold cap.  It's over forty years old and hasn't decayed yet.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker 51, mark iii, plastic

Sponsored Content

|