The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Eversharp Envoy?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 22:05

I just got this, and I'm trying to identify it.  I think it may be an Envoy, but can't be sure.  The cap is a one-piece cap with the clip attached to it.  There really aren't any markings on it, other than the clip.  The feed looks like a  Skyline, but the nib does not.  Any ideas?

Attached Images

• Eversharp_1.jpg
  • Eversharp_2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 joss

joss

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:53

It appears to be a family member of the 'mystery' Eversharp that was discussed here some time ago:

www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/299927-mystery-eversharp-like-a-streamliner-but-different/

If the mystery Eversharp was already a cheap variant of the Skyline, than this version without the clip washer ring is an even more economical version. Odd though that Eversharp would cut costs on trims and gold plating but continued to fit these pens with a quality Eversharp solid gold nib.

#3 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:09

I was part of that referenced thread.  As I look around, I'm thinking you may be right about this being a really economical version of the Streamliner.  It was the cap that threw me.

#4 joss

joss

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:43

yes, I saw your input to that thread on the mystery Eversharp.

Whether these pens were economical lines remains speculation. The Streamliner's shape was still identical to the Skyline except for the over-the-top clip. But the shape of barrel and cap of the mystery Eversharp and of your current pen moves away quite a bit from the Skyline/Streamline design.

Is the nib on your pen 14K and in which sense is it different from the Skyline nibs? The moire Skylines for instance also had a simplified 14K nib.

Sponsored Content

|