The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pif - Stipula Pens

pif stipula

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 jay.is.here

jay.is.here

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:16

dont own any stipula pen. would love to enter for Xalegrafica Alpha for its vintage looks.

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” 
Osho

Sponsored Content

#22 jvppfwsf

jvppfwsf

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:35

I would love the opportunity to get either of them. I am new to fountain pens and only have a pilot metropolitan. I think I would slightly prefer  the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye do to it having a different nib than my current fine point.

#23 RedScarves

RedScarves

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:15

Hi,
I don't own any stipula fountain pens, so I would love the chance to own and use one.

I don't mind either as each have their own strong points that interests me, however if I have to choose I think I would like the chance to get the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye as it has a different nib and body type (currently only have metal and celluloid bodied FPs and fine and medium nibs)

Also wish to say, thank you for your generosity!  :)

#24 Itsallstraw

Itsallstraw

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:08

I would love to win the Xalegrafica Alpha! I am new to the FPN and got my first pen, a lamy safari. It is much too wide and broad for me. I would love to try something fine and of course the black would suit me best as I am a nun! we share everything in common and I think the others sisters would like to use something that reminds them of the days gone by!

#25 padresoler

padresoler

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 14:37

Difficult to choose one of these two pens: I don't own any Stipula pens and both of them are equally likeable.

Well, I'll use a statistic-guessing method: Since my premonition is that there will be more people choosing Xalegrafica, I'll go for the I Castoni, assuming I'll get more chances of winning this generous PIF  :unsure:.

#26 kaysguy

kaysguy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 15:29

Count me in.  I'll go for the Xalegrafica Alpha, just because of that filling system.  I've never had or written with a Delta, and I'd like to try.

#27 MoonageDaydream

MoonageDaydream

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 18:06

Please sign me up for this giveaway as well. I would like the I Castoni Tiger’s Eye. I wouldn't like the Xalegrafica Alpha due to its lack of a clip.

Thank you!

#28 Drogersphoto

Drogersphoto

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 00:54

Very generous PIF,

I for one would love to have the I Castoni for several reasons:

1. Simplest reason Stipula has been a brand I've wanted to try for a couple of years
2. Most of my pens are demonstrators or black. I really want a bit more color and orange is a favorite
3. I primarily use BOLD nibs and really want a stub
And
4. Totally my fault but I have an opening in my pen rotation (at least until I figure out how to fix my pen). My father was in hospice with stage 4 melanoma this Fall.
Without thinking I put my favorite pen - Visconti Back to Black - in my pocket so I could journal when I went to his room. (99.9% of the time my pens live in my Aston leather case)
He was uncomfortable and fussy when I got to the room. I helped him adjust but dropped my pen in the process. I guess the good news was it was the barrel and not the nib or cap
REMINDER: no matter how stressed distracted don't carry pens where they can fall ; ~ )

#29 hariharan

hariharan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:36

This is indeed a generous offer and i will be very happy to be a part of it. 

I have not owned or tried any italian pens and stipula will be one of the prized possessions in my humble collection if i win this PIF. 

Though any of the two will be highly appreciated, given the choice, I prefer Xalegrafica Alpha, mainly because i am not a big fan of metallic section or stub nib. That rules out I castoni. 

Could you please consider me for  Xalegrafica Alpha ?

#30 cattar

cattar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:59

Thanks for doing a PIF, this is my first time entering one.

I'm interested in the Xalegrafica Alpha.

I have a few vintage and modern pens and they're all in use. I haven't had an Italian pen, but i like the sleek look of the pen and I like button fillers.

#31 4veritytoo

4veritytoo

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:53

I'm interested in the I Castoni, Tigers Eye. I've never had a Stipulated and I currently don't have a stub nib either. Thank you for the opportunity!

#32 jesse

jesse

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 16:37

I would like to be included.  I've never owned a Stipula and I'm interested in the Xalegrafica Alpha, because I prefer small pens that post well.  I dislike metal sections, so the other pen is not a good fit for me.

Jesse

Pentuner

www.pentuner.com

#33 Technomancer

Technomancer

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 17:09

1) Which pen you are going for;

I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye

2) Why you want that pen and not the other one.

I have no brown pens in my small collection and would love to have a Stipula. I also have large hands so the other might not be the best.

#34 oPen-mindedInkAffair

oPen-mindedInkAffair

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:53

Stipula is one brand I haven't tried yet but really want to, ever since I found out they make the Passaporto pocket pen. But I couldn't risk buying one at that price without being able to try it first, and my only local fountain pen store doesn't carry them :(

I'd like to be considered for the Tiger's Eye, as I'm an absolute sucker for translucent pens. 

I'm always up for an ink trade!

#35 fly_us

fly_us

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:53

Very generous PIF.

I'm in for the Xalegrafica Alpha. Reason? The filling system. It reminds me of the old-time crescent filler.

Thank you.

#36 mr2txaggie

mr2txaggie

AbbyRose

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:14

I think that this is only the second or third time since I joined 4 years ago that I've asked to be considered for a PIF. Though I have held many!

I would like to be considered for the I Castoni Tiger's Eye. Two main reasons :

1. I prefer a stub/Italic nib very much to a Fine one.

2. I just can't hold on to a pen that is slimmer in size because of Arthritis.

Thank you for the very generous PIF. And to whomever wins, Congrats!

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

#37 Jontello

Jontello

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:36

Thanks for the PIF. I do not own any stipula. I woul like to be considered for the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye pen because i prefer translucent pens.

#38 Toams

Toams

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 14:23

Great PIF, very generous of you.
So the answers are:
1) I know it is statistically wrong choice but I vote for Xalegrafica Alpha
2) Because I have neither experience with Stipula pen nor experience with ebonite (hard rubber) material, so I would like to try one ... and the filling system is interesting as well.
Thanks

Architecture begins where engineering ends.
W. Gropius

#39 mcorrea

mcorrea

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 14:32

Hello, thanks for this generous PIF. 

I would like to be included for the I Castoni.

The reason is that I have found that I like stub and italic nibs for 99% of my writing. I already own a handful of non italic/stub pens and I am not interested in getting more of those, all future acquisitions will be stub/italics.

Cheers!

Matias

#40 Highbinder

Highbinder

Strange

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 14:41

Awesome PIF. 

I'd like to be included in the draw for the I Castoni, please. Huge fan of stubbish nibs, and the tiger's eye patterning is just plain cool. 

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pif, stipula

Sponsored Content

|