dont own any stipula pen. would love to enter for Xalegrafica Alpha for its vintage looks.
Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:16
"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:35
I would love the opportunity to get either of them. I am new to fountain pens and only have a pilot metropolitan. I think I would slightly prefer the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye do to it having a different nib than my current fine point.
Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:15
I don't own any stipula fountain pens, so I would love the chance to own and use one.
I don't mind either as each have their own strong points that interests me, however if I have to choose I think I would like the chance to get the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye as it has a different nib and body type (currently only have metal and celluloid bodied FPs and fine and medium nibs)
Also wish to say, thank you for your generosity!
Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:08
Posted 14 December 2016 - 14:37
Difficult to choose one of these two pens: I don't own any Stipula pens and both of them are equally likeable.
Well, I'll use a statistic-guessing method: Since my premonition is that there will be more people choosing Xalegrafica, I'll go for the I Castoni, assuming I'll get more chances of winning this generous PIF .
Posted 14 December 2016 - 15:29
Count me in. I'll go for the Xalegrafica Alpha, just because of that filling system. I've never had or written with a Delta, and I'd like to try.
Posted 14 December 2016 - 18:06
Posted 15 December 2016 - 00:54
I for one would love to have the I Castoni for several reasons:
1. Simplest reason Stipula has been a brand I've wanted to try for a couple of years
2. Most of my pens are demonstrators or black. I really want a bit more color and orange is a favorite
3. I primarily use BOLD nibs and really want a stub
4. Totally my fault but I have an opening in my pen rotation (at least until I figure out how to fix my pen). My father was in hospice with stage 4 melanoma this Fall.
Without thinking I put my favorite pen - Visconti Back to Black - in my pocket so I could journal when I went to his room. (99.9% of the time my pens live in my Aston leather case)
He was uncomfortable and fussy when I got to the room. I helped him adjust but dropped my pen in the process. I guess the good news was it was the barrel and not the nib or cap
REMINDER: no matter how stressed distracted don't carry pens where they can fall ; ~ )
Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:36
This is indeed a generous offer and i will be very happy to be a part of it.
I have not owned or tried any italian pens and stipula will be one of the prized possessions in my humble collection if i win this PIF.
Though any of the two will be highly appreciated, given the choice, I prefer Xalegrafica Alpha, mainly because i am not a big fan of metallic section or stub nib. That rules out I castoni.
Could you please consider me for Xalegrafica Alpha ?
Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:59
Thanks for doing a PIF, this is my first time entering one.
I'm interested in the Xalegrafica Alpha.
I have a few vintage and modern pens and they're all in use. I haven't had an Italian pen, but i like the sleek look of the pen and I like button fillers.
Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:53
Posted 15 December 2016 - 17:09
1) Which pen you are going for;
I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye
2) Why you want that pen and not the other one.
I have no brown pens in my small collection and would love to have a Stipula. I also have large hands so the other might not be the best.
Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:53
Stipula is one brand I haven't tried yet but really want to, ever since I found out they make the Passaporto pocket pen. But I couldn't risk buying one at that price without being able to try it first, and my only local fountain pen store doesn't carry them
I'd like to be considered for the Tiger's Eye, as I'm an absolute sucker for translucent pens.
I'm always up for an ink trade!
Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:53
Very generous PIF.
I'm in for the Xalegrafica Alpha. Reason? The filling system. It reminds me of the old-time crescent filler.
Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:14
I think that this is only the second or third time since I joined 4 years ago that I've asked to be considered for a PIF. Though I have held many!
I would like to be considered for the I Castoni Tiger's Eye. Two main reasons :
1. I prefer a stub/Italic nib very much to a Fine one.
2. I just can't hold on to a pen that is slimmer in size because of Arthritis.
Thank you for the very generous PIF. And to whomever wins, Congrats!
If your out-go is more than your income,
Then your up-keep.
May be your Down-falll!!!
Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:36
Posted 16 December 2016 - 14:23
So the answers are:
1) I know it is statistically wrong choice but I vote for Xalegrafica Alpha
2) Because I have neither experience with Stipula pen nor experience with ebonite (hard rubber) material, so I would like to try one ... and the filling system is interesting as well.
Architecture begins where engineering ends.
Posted 16 December 2016 - 14:32
Hello, thanks for this generous PIF.
I would like to be included for the I Castoni.
The reason is that I have found that I like stub and italic nibs for 99% of my writing. I already own a handful of non italic/stub pens and I am not interested in getting more of those, all future acquisitions will be stub/italics.
Posted 16 December 2016 - 14:41
I'd like to be included in the draw for the I Castoni, please. Huge fan of stubbish nibs, and the tiger's eye patterning is just plain cool.
Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pif, stipula
Regional Focus →
Italy - Europe →
Regional Focus →
Italy - Europe →
FPN Community →
Pay It Forward, Loaner Programs & Group Buys →
Writing Instruments →
Fountain Pen Reviews →
Writing Instruments →
Repair Q&A →