The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Pacific Blue Le Ink 2017

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:56

wow, is that page entirely Pacific Blue only??  :wub:

Sponsored Content

#82 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,985 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:15

In spite of all the negativity, a pen pal used this ink, and I saw something quite wonderful.  I enjoy this ink very much, and if people don't like it, they don't have to buy/use it.

fpn_1497304509__2017-06-12_160050.jpg

fpn_1497304531__2017-06-12_160130.jpg

fpn_1497304546__2017-06-12_160246.jpg

Agree 100%! This has become a favorite. Not in a Pen right now, but it has only been a couple of weeks.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#83 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

More color!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:31

:)

#84 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Remembered Fondly
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:17

Hi all,

I've avoided this one because the scuttlebutt was that it was just "re-packaged" turquoise... but I've never seen Lamy turquoise look like the lettering in Halloween's pic.

I haven't read this whole thread, so if others have definitively answered this earlier on, please bounce a brick off of my head and give me an idea where to find it. Thank you much.

- Anthony

With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. Thank You, St. Jude, for favors granted. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#85 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:20

I just checked Vanness Pens in Arkansas & it is "in stock, $10.50/bottle & they offer a "small package" shipping cost of $4.50.  I would imagine "all the usual suspects" have it & @ the regular price.  Unlike last year's Dark Lilac & Petrol, I don't think there was ever a rush for this ink.

Now just remember HalloweenHJB DOES have secret weapons, his arsenal of flex pens & is expertly trained in use of same  "Other's mileage may differ........"  I am STILL trying to get the hang of my one vintage flex pen!

#86 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

More color!

• Member - Gold

• 3,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 13:45

Now just remember HalloweenHJB DOES have secret weapons, his arsenal of flex pens & is expertly trained in use of same  "Other's mileage may differ........"  I am STILL trying to get the hang of my one vintage flex pen!

Oh, if only my secret weapons were guided by a steadier and more consistent hand!  But thanks for the compliment!

HJB

#87 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Remembered Fondly
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 16:17

I just checked Vanness Pens in Arkansas & it is "in stock, $10.50/bottle & they offer a "small package" shipping cost of $4.50.  I would imagine "all the usual suspects" have it & @ the regular price.  Unlike last year's Dark Lilac & Petrol, I don't think there was ever a rush for this ink.

Hi BP,

Thanks, much. :happy:

I think I'll call Vanness and ask about this stuff... because as you say, a flex pen in the hands of an experienced penman can make a world of difference in an inks appearance.

But, if this is actually a unique color, than I want a bottle. Perhaps it's their turquoise, with a splash of their blue added to darken it slightly. :D

- Anthony

With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. Thank You, St. Jude, for favors granted. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#88 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,817 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 19:38

Well, I have a sample of Lamy Turquoise.  And last weekend, when I was down at the Triangle Pen Show, I picked up a bottle of Pacific Blue -- and it was the same price as the other Lamy inks.  Whether it's the same or not, I don't know yet.  I haven't had a chance to try either one.  In the comparison photo choumai posted, the swabs looked just a little different -- but I find that swabs don't give the same result as when actually writing with the ink.

@HalloweenHJB -- That sheen does look pretty awesome....  Sadly, some inks *only* sheen on better paper like Tomoe River. :(  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#89 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

More color!

• Member - Gold

• 3,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 00:24

@HalloweenHJB -- That sheen does look pretty awesome....  Sadly, some inks *only* sheen on better paper like Tomoe River. :(  

Part of the magic that is fountain pen ink!   ;)

#90 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,985 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:01

I had never tried Lamy Turquoise but do like Pacific. But have no basis of comparison between the two.

It is one of my favorites though.

Edited by Runnin_Ute, 14 June 2017 - 02:04.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#91 titrisol

titrisol

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 22:24

I just started using this ink as my everyday ink

It is different, but I can see myself buying more of it.

Love the shading, and how it behaves in different papers.

#92 fourseamer

fourseamer

Up and In

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 16:07

Lamy USA's site has a 50% off sitewide sale, and you can snag these bottles for $5.25 per bottle. Regular price is $10.50 per bottle. That's an amazing price for an excellent turquoise ink in one of the best ink bottles around. Whatever your feelings about the "LE" status and packaging of this ink.

#93 LanceSaintPaul

LanceSaintPaul

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 16:30

Lamy USA's site has a 50% off sitewide sale, and you can snag these bottles for $5.25 per bottle. Regular price is $10.50 per bottle. That's an amazing price for an excellent turquoise ink in one of the best ink bottles around. Whatever your feelings about the "LE" status and packaging of this ink.

You got me to buy. Thanks for the friendly enabling. 

Blue Christmas

Sponsored Content

|