The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Remove Logo From Resin (Reform Fountain Pen)

remove logo resin reform iridium point clean polish brush

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Epiphany

Epiphany

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:03

Hi there FPN community!

I'm about to buy my second FP and as I am a newbie (¡23-y-o!) I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to clean off and remove de BC logo that is imprinted in the resin cap?
If so, how would I manage to brush that off?

2) I've tested Reform pens before and I've liked them. Does anyone has feedback from this Reform w/ iridium point?
It has a complete black resin body (I guess) and a golden iridium nib

Any answer will be much appreciated!

Thank you for welcoming at this network!

Epiphany

58969385.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:38

It's not a bad personalisation as logos go, but it doesn't look very deep.

I would start with a silver cloth but be very careful to not touch the gold plated band or the edge of the clip. I think you will need to protect both of those parts before you start.

If a silver cloth didn't work, I would progress to a slightly abrasive polish like Meguiars plastic polish, or any similar one that you have especially for your pens.

#3 mike.jane

mike.jane

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:01

While I'm by no means an expert, I would agree with Chrissy. Extra fine abrasives probably will be best.

Also, be very careful with the gold plating on the pen (not only while removing the branding) I have one Reform P120 (and I believe this here to be the same clip and cap band) that I use (and one spare one) and on the former the plating had rubbed off (looking fairly shoddy) really quickly.

I have since then removed the plating entirely (again, extra fine abrasives) and it looks fine now in green, black and silver.

In addition, the pen is an excellent writer, so I don't mind that it's not exactly a looker.

Edited by mike.jane, 12 December 2016 - 12:02.

#4 tmenyc

tmenyc

Tim

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 14:06

I would masking off everything around the imprint that you don't want to get scratched up, leave just the circle and a very small area around it.  Later, as you polish the area for the final time, remove the mask from all but the gold trim.  That plating is thin -- Reform made nice pens but did not use thick plating.  

Tim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remove, logo, resin, reform, iridium point, clean, polish, brush

Sponsored Content

|