Empty Of Clouds (Or Even Ideas!)

Cryptos

Empty_of_Clouds wrote, "... I think that overall I have been the kind of member that the owner would probably prefer to do without. Ive been argumentative, whining at times (lots of times actually), insensitively frank on occasion, and in general a right nuisance.

What then have I brought that has enhanced or brightened this little corner of the internet? Very little, I fear. In fact, the more I think on this well, I dont really see any substantial positives associated with my presence here, although perhaps I have given a few people a good laugh from time to time. The third person interlude was a lot of fun for me!"

My response: You must be joking. I have always liked your writings and still feel enjoyment when seeing that you are the most recent contributor to a conversation. If I see your handle, I automatically click on the topic. And I thought your third person was clever and wished I could write as smartly. Please carry on.

I have Empty on ignore. I'll leave it that I find his self-assessment accurate. I admire that he had the courage to say it, but I'm leaving him on ignore.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• catbert

• Bo Bo Olson

• corgicoupe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Always nice to be judged by the faultless. Not sure why you felt the need to do so, considering that I am on your ignore list, but there it is.

I was quite taken with the frosted glass look of the Asa.

If the other sales make enough to cover the cost of the new Balladeer cap then perhaps I can gift the Asa to you? Won't be until the beginning of the 2017 though.

Always nice to be judged by the faultless. Not sure why you felt the need to do so, considering that I am on your ignore list, but there it is.

i was simply agreeing with you in the course of replying to someone else, but nice of you to prove my point. I unblocked this one message because you were clearly replying to me, but this is it. One suggestion, though - if you think you have made things unpleasant for others - why would you take offense at someone who says, yup, you were indeed that person, rather than try and take the growth and run with it rather than regress? Honestly, best wishes, and hope you do find your path.

No offence taken actually. I am trying to change things around, improve things. Your comment, coming as it did from the other side of the ignore button, did nothing to help move things forward. What it implied is that no matter what I do some people's opinions will remain stagnant.

Okay, the Waterman, Duofold and Mabie Todd are going to go. Along with the Asa TransNauka and a bottle of Lamy Dark Lilac. That should get enough to pay for a new cap, don't you think?

What was it about the Dark Lilac ink you didn't care for? I'm not a Poiple Ink Lover, but the fact that it has an alleged gold sheen intrigued me.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I don't generally use purple inks. Of the three I've tried - Diamine Imperial Purple, Sailor Jentle Shigure and Lamy Dark Lilac - I far prefer the Sailor ink.

David, I truly enjoyed the more positive contributions from your hand. The other ones - meh. Consider the possibility that it is not actually a pen you are in search of.

In any case, thank you for the good moments, and I sincerely wish you a wonderful new year.

~ Alexander

I really like your stuff too, Alexander. Next year is going to be... another year. There will be some major changes.

Consider the possibility that it is not actually a pen you are in search of.

Alas, I am too stupid to understand this, but I'll think on it as best I can. :)

After reading this thread earlier this morning the association which sprang to kind was the narrator's observation on Cristina (Scarlett Johansson) at the beginning and end of Woody Allen's "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". She was searching, knowing only what she did not want.

Not being literal, but the association was there. :)

X

Knowing what you do not want, beats not knowing what you do want, in degrees of ignorance is what makes the world.

Sometimes I'm a grumpy old man...I don't think I'm going to even try to change.

I was a grumpy young man too.

Grumpy is easy. The world stays the same as the rich wish; as it was in the beginning, is now and forever shall be.

The rich have a secret mushroom growing sauce;...and due to the best paid propaganda in the world; it don't even smell. Things stay the same, no matter how those kept in the dark wish otherwise.

Cloud...don't sweat the small stuff....as long as you jump on the molehill your self, everything is fine. No one's bringing a honking big magnifying glass to the mountain party.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I think it's important for you to get the new cap. I have been intrigued enough by your posts that I've read that I would enjoy sitting across the table from you having a coffee, or a beer, or sharing a bottle of wine. Perhaps then I might understand you better. If not, I'm sure it would still be worthwhile.

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

I think that overall I have been the kind of member that the owner would probably prefer to do without. I’ve been argumentative, whining at times (lots of times actually), insensitively frank on occasion, and in general a right nuisance.

I disagree. You are listed as a moderator thus the 'owner' must approve of you and your methods. Expanding on the idea that there has been whining, frank insensitivity and being a nuisance, this must be untrure. By inference, the Admin/Mod must approve and thus the owner must also approve.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

If the other sales make enough to cover the cost of the new Balladeer cap then perhaps I can gift the Asa to you? Won't be until the beginning of the 2017 though.

I appreciate the offer but I have more pens than I can use now. Better it should go to someone starting out.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I think it's important for you to get the new cap. I have been intrigued enough by your posts that I've read that I would enjoy sitting across the table from you having a coffee, or a beer, or sharing a bottle of wine. Perhaps then I might understand you better. If not, I'm sure it would still be worthwhile.

That's very kind of you. As immodest as it sounds... I am a completely different flavour in person. :) The pen has gone back to the maker. I won't see it again until the second half of 2017 based on current timelines.

I disagree. You are listed as a moderator thus the 'owner' must approve of you and your methods. Expanding on the idea that there has been whining, frank insensitivity and being a nuisance, this must be untrure. By inference, the Admin/Mod must approve and thus the owner must also approve.

Again, this is a kind thing to say, but I am only a moderator by default and of one tiny corner of the site. Nobody else would do the job. If someone else volunteers I have no doubt that the 'title' will be stripped away and moved very quickly, as it should be.

I appreciate the offer but I have more pens than I can use now. Better it should go to someone starting out.

Fair enough. The Asa is going to go at some point. I would like another Jowo nib holder but not sure which one to go for. Edison's Collier is too short and doesn't post. Newton pens are far too nice for me, Ken Cavers has orders going beyond two years, Franklin Christoph have no designs that appeal to me, considering how much trouble I have been I doubt that another Scriptorium is possible (and it's a very long wait in any case). Thing is, I have several Jowo nibs and I like them all - more so since I've been buying from FPNibs. I don't know who the grinder is there but they are world class in my opinion.

EOC your self-flagellation is exhausting! You are your own worst enemy (though of course we all are). Give yourself the gift of kindness to yourself for the holidays. I myself get all fired up and passionate about topics and speak in strong language often ruffling feathers around here. But hey, some of these members could probably use a good preening anyhow. ;) Life's too short for constant self criticism. Reflecting on onesself in order to change is one thing, but at a certain point it keeps you stuck and actually becomes its own form of egomania. Just my 2 cents.

Holidays? An empty house, silence, dust falls through slanting light at dusk.

I see the criticism (self or otherwise), and there has been a lot over the years, as challenges rather than beat-downs. It's hard to make corrections or improvements if one does not know where the flaws are. Luckily for me I have tons of flaws, so they are not too hard to find! :)

Holidays? An empty house, silence, dust falls through slanting light at dusk.

I see the criticism (self or otherwise), and there has been a lot over the years, as challenges rather than beat-downs. It's hard to make corrections or improvements if one does not know where the flaws are. Luckily for me I have tons of flaws, so they are not too hard to find! :)

Well I'm sending you a big hug and well wishes from across the sea. Take care bud.