willshung

I have two that are always in my pen roll...my nanohana-iro Nakaya dorsal fin and my Newton Orville. The Orville is a beautiful green and black ebonite with a titanium stub. The dorsal has a broad nib. The other three slots are for rotation pens...may find a Pilot Custom 74 or a Edison Collier in there. Depends on the mood. If I am just carrying one it is my dorsal in it's kimono.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• Freddy

• siddr90

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stainless steel Sheaffer Targa.

Still looking for the world's most perfect EDC pen, but right now the Targa seems to be about as close as I can get.

During the work week, I am carrying around my Pilot Vanishing Point with my business ink (I think it will be Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black, occasionally switched out with Noodler's Legal Lapis). I carry a second pen around with Diamine Majestic purple, which is the color of my company's branding, so I use it for any notes or receipts, or anything I have to leave with the client. At the moment, it is in a Parker 51 Vacumatic. But I have not gotten the satisfaction out of using that one as I had hoped, so I'm going to probably empty it out soon and experiment with that ink in a different pen.

I keep a stock of inked pens on my table that I use for writing letters, cards, or doing Handwriting practice and usually on the weekends, I'll grab something different than those two. It seems to change what I grab, I will say, however, that one of the two weekend pens I always seem to grab is my Noodler's Ahab, which is my designated Baystate Blue pen (occasionally switched out with Revolution blue). No matter what else I grab, when I'm off the clock, I seem to always want to have BSB or Rev Blue at the ready.

Pelikan K215 rings or K400 green stripe. Sheaffer, Parker 51 and Montblanc 144R used at home.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I really enjoy the Retro 51, but if I had enough space in my pockets (using Time Lord technology), I would probably be carrying my a Retro, a Fisher Space Pen, a Pilot Vanishing Point, and then have a spot for whatever was my current favorite pen/ink combo.

Sometimes I'll pull out a notebook and write down total nonsense just because I love to feel a pen move across a page.

The pen that rarely gets taken out of rotation for me is the Caran d'Ache Léman. I don't know why that is. It is not my favorite nib or section or pen shape and yet I am always reaching for it.

Waterman Expert in Oriental Red with a Fine nib and a Pelikan M200 with a Medium nib.

I am surprised that the Expert does not seem to get mentioned very much around here. It is a really great workhorse of a pen.

My Lamy 2000 F is winning at this time. For years I have carried a Safari in my pants pocket, but more often I'm leaving my 2000 there when I'm not carrying coins and keys.

i carry 3 FPs daily and it depends on what i need for during the day. At present, a Waterman LeMan 100 solid silver, a Pelikan M150 I bought back in 93 and a Parker 45 fine nib for filling up lots of forms

I've been carrying one of three sterling ringtops of late: an Edward Todd with a lovely stub nib, a somewhat battered Waterman with a nib I love tho' it's a hard starter, and my Mascot, which Mr. Minuskin refreshed with a tiny Conway Stewart nib.

They go with my earrings. Perhaps I should get some gold ones.

I rotate through most of my pens and I'm pretty inconsistent, but I've been gravitating towards the Pelikan M215 Rings EF lately, as well as the Sheaffer Imperial IV EF.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)