This Week's Speerbob Pen Sales - Nos Sheaffer! And More

speerbob

Hi FPN,

I have a bunch for great pen on eBay auction this week. They end Sunday evening. I just received a bunch of new-old-stock Sheaffer including some great Targas so they are listed. Mixed bag of pens this week including a couple of nice combos, several new-old-stock and light used Parker Duofold, Jotters, 51's and some nice Montblancs. Esterbrooks, Wearevers, and Sheaffer too. Wonderful Carter's in jade green and a very cool 1860's John Holland dip pen/telescoping pencil in box. Late and best of all (I think) I have listed two Parker Model airplanes made by Len Provisor. I love these planes. they are really well made. Check them out at http://stores.ebay.com/Speerbob/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1 Have a great week. Cheers, BOB

Here are some highlights:

Parker Premiere Marble Green & Gold Fountain Pen - Canada - 14kt Flex Nib - 1935

Sheaffer Targa 1004x Sterling Silver Fountain Pen - c.1980 - 14kt Nib - Mint NOS

Sheaffer Targa 679 Black Tulle Lacquer Fountain Pen - 1994 - 14kt Nib - Mint NOS

Sheaffer Targa 683 Gold Medici Diamond Fountain Pen - 1989 - 14kt Nib - Mint NOS

Sheaffer Targa 676S Slim Gold Feather Fountain Pen - 1986 - 14kt Nib - Mint NOS

Sheaffer Targa 679S Slim Black Tulle Fountain Pen - 1989 - 14kt Nib - Mint NOS

Sheaffer Targa 1021S Slim Imperial Red Fountain Pen - 1982 - 14kt Nib - Mint NOS

26-Pen Hinged Top Burgundy Pen Display/Storage Case With Clear Top

Parker Duofold Centennial Pearl & Black Fountain Pen Mint In Box - Unused - 1994

Sheaffer Targa 683 Gold Medici Crosshatch Fountain Pen -1989 - 14kt Nib Mint NOS

Vintage Combo Blue & Gold Trim Fountain Pen/Pencil - 1940's - Medium Nib

Wahl Eversharp Gold Seal Oversize Orange Chased Hard Rubber Fountain Pen - 1925

Parker 51 Aerometric Black & Stainless Steel Cap Fountain Pen - 1950's

Sheaffer PFM I Black & Chrome Snorkel-Filler Fountain Pen - 1950's - Medium Nib

Waterman's Commando Burgundy & Gold Fountain Pen - 1940's - 14kt Gold Nib

John Holland Black Ebonite & Gold Slide Dip Pen & Telescoping Pencil In Box 1860

1930's Orange & Nickel Flat Top Lever-Filler Fountain Pen - Medium Nib

Esterbrook Pastel Yellow & Chrome Fountain Pen - 2556 Fine Nib - 1940's

Carter's Jade Green & Gold Celluloid Fountain Pen - c. 1931 - 14kt Gold Nib

post-2030-0-86595200-1481113003_thumb.jpg

Edited by speerbob

Check out my website at www.Speerbob.com

http://www.speerbob.com/ebay/SpeerbobBannersmall.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• inkstainedruth

• speerbob

• Biber

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That DC Parker pen stand is too rich for my blood. :( But boy, would that be a fun thing for someone to have! (I got to fly in a DC-3 once, on a trip to Guatemala back in high school.)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

When I was a kid, Daks were the only way to get to the Bahamas. Then they turned into Eastern Airlines.

Interesting. My cousin used to be a stewardess for Eastern, mostly doing the DC to Boston run I think, then she moved to ground stuff (I guess gate duty). She'd save up her frequent flyer miles to go home to American Samoa and visit my uncle and aunt (my aunt was Samoan, and my uncle ran the government mail boat around the islands).

My time on the DC-3 was a flight from Guatemala City to Flores (most people fly directly to Tikal, but when I was there (mid-70s) we stayed in Flores a couple of days and went by bus: the first day to EL Ceibal; the second day to Tikal. Going by bus turned out to be good because the the Tikal airstrip was closed, after the fourth plane crash in 2 months: the plane (another DC-3 IIRC) was still at the bottom of the runway, with its nose smashed in. The pilot had a broken leg. The passengers were trying to figure out how to get back to Guatemala City with the airstrip closed because apparently that was a 14 hour (local) bus ride....

On our flight, there was no co-pilot, and one of the locals spent the flight schmoozing with the pilot. When we got to Flores, they started folding up the seats to load crates of chicle for the return trip to Guatemala City (on our flight back, it was some snazzier plane, but I rather liked the DC-3.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Goats, chickens, and once the cargo doors had an oopsie and we got to watch out suitcases fluttering down into the shallows. There were complementary Planters Punch made with the local rum as you deplaned. I remember because I was five, thirsty in the heat, and Mom handed me one, not knowing it was spiked.