Brand New Waterman Expert For Under £40 On Amazon . . .

Tas

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• Tas

• Chrissy

• manhha

Top Posters In This Topic

Only for black with good trim in medium, but good deal.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Amazon seem to be playing games of late with a few Waterman pens.

That pen has now increased in price to £65 BUT also shows they can be ordered for £36 via the back order but due on 16/12. As I thought something fishy going on again with K Direct and Amazon in competition.

Also they have been doing some silly prices on out of stock Carenes...£55 for Black Sea Gloss and £35 for Contemporary Roller Balls. I have placed orders for both a few weeks ago but as yet nothing. I am not sure if pre ordering binds the stated price.

Update: I have checked the situation with Citizens Advice ref pre ordering the pens. Amazon are not obliged to sell them to those that have pre ordered even at the much reduced advertised prices. If and when they do get them back in stock they could and may increase the prices and then offer those that have pre ordered the chance to buy them first.

So in short the chances of buying Carene's at £55 and £35 is fairly remote. I am keeping my orders running for the time being anyway.

In my own experience, if you have placed an order on Amazon at a price, and they are out of stock, they will sell it to you at that price when it comes back into stock.

The Expert is no longer available at £36 though. It's currently £50 Amazon price, but is still out of stock.

In my own experience, if you have placed an order on Amazon at a price, and they are out of stock, they will sell it to you at that price when it comes back into stock.

The Expert is no longer available at £36 though. It's currently £50 Amazon price, but is still out of stock.

Plus the Carene's have increased back to £72 and that Contemp RB is £153.

The Black Sea Gloss GT must be the most common version for dealers to stock. My two local shops always have them available but priced at £200+.

But say they had sold out I honestly think they could get one from Waterman within a few days.

What is taking Amazon so long to get stock in.

My account shows, Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

They must have dispatched then. :)

Sorry got the total wrong it's one invoice for the FP's. Anyway total amended to £112.

I placed the order for the two Contemporary RB's, when they were listed at £39 each, one week after the FP's

Tracking says not yet dispatched.

It's a kind of win. If the price goes up you can just cancel your order. If it hasn't you've nabbed a bargain . . . I think.

It's a kind of win. If the price goes up you can just cancel your order. If it hasn't you've nabbed a bargain . . . I think.

They have charged my card so I believe they cannot raise the price. Maybe they only had two pens in.

Having now had a few hours to sleep on this I have a theory which I hope is wrong.

My order was placed on the 18th November for 2 x Carene Black Sea Gloss GT pens (£112). They were shown as Temporary Out Of Stock but I was permitted to back order. I checked the Quantity drop down and could have ordered 10+. Three or four days later, scanning Amazon Waterman pens, the Contemporary Roller Balls appeared at £35 again TOoS but orders could be placed. I thought about it for a day or so and on the 25th ordered 2 pens.

In both cases I thought it may or may not happen but worth the gamble just in case. Amazon conditions state they do not draw on your card until stock is in and dispatch prepared.

Yesterday I ordered a non pen related item for my sons Xmas present which was in stock. At the same time my credit card was debited for it the £112 was drawn. The £78 for the RBs remains undrawn....hope you are still with me.

Here's my theory, at some point Amazon will refund the £112 cos the items are not in stock to ship. This means they will not go back into my Outstanding Order folder. The back order is then LOST. If I want to re back order they will cost the new price £72. That's my theory anyway.

Update: The FP's have been dispatched.

Perhaps I should have ordered 10 :unsure:

BUT they are still shown as out of stock.

I hope they are not returns.

Update: I have checked the situation with Citizens Advice ref pre ordering the pens. Amazon are not obliged to sell them to those that have pre ordered even at the much reduced advertised prices. If and when they do get them back in stock they could and may increase the prices and then offer those that have pre ordered the chance to buy them first.

So in short the chances of buying Carene's at £55 and £35 is fairly remote. I am keeping my orders running for the time being anyway.

Hi Force,

In my experience Amazon have always kept their commitment. Maybe you can't believe but I've received several Carenes at £55 and even several Exception Night&Day Gold at £110

Interesting, the tracking states dispatched from Gourock, Inverclyde UK. The tracking number is not recognised by Royal Mail which is not the first time for me.

Amazon now do their own deliveries. Their plain white vans pass my house every day

Yes, but it states Royal Mail and gives what is a typical RM number.

Still not shown as a stock item...I think they are buying in to order.