The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Relief! The 3-S Arrived

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jbelian

jbelian

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 00:12

I've been checking shipping updates several times daily; yesterday at 2 p.m., the pen appeared to be in Chicago, still, but then at 7 p.m., I suddenly got a notice that they had attempted to deliver and no one was home!  Well, except we were, and the carrier that day didn't leave any kind of notice, and until a friend told me it would be the USPS, I didn't even know for sure WHO had not delivered it or left any notice!  But when we went to the post office this morning, they found it!  So relieved!  And I promised photos, so here they are.IMG_1932.JPG IMG_1911.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 OCArt

OCArt

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:32

That looks like a nice broad nib. Be sure to give us a writing sample please.

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,061 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 23:38

What a beautiful pen!  I love that color blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 Tom Heath

Tom Heath

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 17:05

What a beauty    Wow Enjoy  !  

Well worth the  Thousands you had to pay for it.

Tom

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you .   Hug your loved ones today

#5 corgicoupe

corgicoupe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 17:46

I've been checking shipping updates several times daily; yesterday at 2 p.m., the pen appeared to be in Chicago, still, but then at 7 p.m., I suddenly got a notice that they had attempted to deliver and no one was home!  Well, except we were, and the carrier that day didn't leave any kind of notice, and until a friend told me it would be the USPS, I didn't even know for sure WHO had not delivered it or left any notice!  But when we went to the post office this morning, they found it!  So relieved!  And I promised photos, so here they are.attachicon.gifIMG_1932.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1911.JPG

I recently had a similar experience with USPS...tracking said they had tried to deliver and left a note. We were home and there was no note. I learned that if a carrier decides not to deliver the rest of their load that day, when it goes back to the PO and gets scanned and that message is automatically posted to the tracking site. Mine was delivered the next day and the regular carrier told me the substitute just took a box back to thr PO undelivered.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

#6 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:15

Nice :)

Sponsored Content

|