Closed - Ranga Model 3 And 3C - Group Buy - Dec 2016

mehandiratta

Ranga Pens - So many choices. I guess when you can't decide between two colors, you just get one with both colors.

Thanks Kandan, Vaibhav and Mr Pandurangan for a fantastic job.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot sir for your words and pictures. You have increased our colour choices further )

Take care.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• matteob

• MuddyWaters

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So here's my Ranga collection so far with the latest Model 3 in.

L to R: PSP Monterey, PSP Zayante, Model 8, Model 3, Model 4, Zeal, Model 5, Giant bamboo, Regular bamboo, slim bamboo.

Clearly, I love my Rangas. :)

fpn_1486527303__ranga_collection_smaller

Dear Mr. tfarahat Sir,

You have Great collection of our Ranga Pens. Picture tells everything.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen company

So my Ranga 3c arrived at last.

This one was ordered in premium ebonite blue-orange-green and I really like the result!

The finish is polished, the polish is very smooth on this ebonite, feels silky!

I chose no clip, 3c, and Jowo threaded, as I had a few spare Jowo nibs around.

The pen arrived in the usual Ranga pen case with a bonus transparent eye dropper.

attachicon.gifDSCN7140-2.jpg

I tried a steel rhodinated nib first, but the colours of the pen are too warm and really need a gold plated finish to go with it.

The two tone looks good.

attachicon.gifP1110132-2.jpg

attachicon.gifP1110135-2.jpg

I am also happy with the colours of the pen, the colour variations really turned out well, without excessive prominence of one colour over the other and nice patterns

attachicon.gifP1110133-2.jpg

attachicon.gifP1110141-2.jpg

Size and shape are my favourite among Ranga, as I have mentioned before.

What I like in the model 3, besides being the right size for my hand, big enough but not too big, is also the lack of step between section and barrel. This means the cap is not flush with the pen, but the advantage is comfort in holding the pen, and the threads are also very smooth.

attachicon.gifP1110136-2.jpg

The photos are nothing artistic but I hope they help to describe well this very nice premium ebonite.

attachicon.gifP1110139-2.jpg

The pen itself is really perfect in all aspects of construction and looks. Great job, Ranga!

I will be testing it soon but expect consistent performance as with all my other Rangas.

Thanks for your nice and encouraging words and great pictures sir,

We are very glad that you like the pens.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

best of luck, Jamerelbe!

I've seen different pens in this ebonite, they can look different depending on how the swirls mingle, but in general they are nice contrasting and vivid colour.

Ref size, here is a picture taken some time ago comparing some of my Ranga

attachicon.gifP1080649-2.jpg

from the left, model 5 mottled brown, model 3 mottled green, model 4 red black ripple bakul, model 3c olive ripple bakul, model 3 c olive ripple polished, last one Aurora Talentum for size

Good Collection Sir.

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

@Muddy no doubt the 3c, I love the olive ripple in bakul

I mounted a reuthenium plated nib and it looks very good, it's the same grey colour of the ripples

attachicon.gifIMG_3585-2.jpg

the 3c also for its size and shape, as I mentioned.

The red ripple bakul finish of the 4 is also nice but the pen has a more evident step between section and barrel which makes it less comfortable for me, I hold pens quite far from the nib

That is one of the reasons why I also like the Ranga model 8, also in the photo here, as they have a very long section

Personally I like Pink/Yellow Model 8 Pen

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I've been very tardy in posting pictures of my shipment. I ordered the 3C in the Rose Red - Black Ripple (#12) special ebonite with a JoWo fine nib. It is a great pen. The red is darker than what I would expect from a "Rose Red" descriptor, but it's exactly the right red to mix with the black.

I also took up Mr Kandan's follow-up offer to add an Oliver F27. It's a nice looking pen for the price, though the nib is scratchy and needs some work. I'll smooth it out when I can get over to Home Depot for some micromesh

Thanks a lot Sir for your nice words and Pcitures.

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I would love to see a Zayante or a smaller version or the Zeal because that Zeal is beautiful but a bit larger than I would like

no worries . i tried schmidt B for first time and it writes glassy smooth. and as far as i know schmidt nibs are actually made by jowo and i haven't noticed much difference in quality between schmidt and jowo nibs in my other pens.

Thanks,

My wive's Model 3 came with B nib and she loves it. It's a very smooth writer.

Mine has a fine nib, a little scratchy, but writes very well.

One thing I noticed was comparing the Schmidt nib to a JOWO it's a bit shorter.

Anyone's had that experience?

@MannyBA I have tried both Schmidt and JoWo and both are equally good: both have the same smooth feel so they could indeed be made by JoWo.

Thanks,

That has been my experience so far with the nibs on my Model 3

Alright, so it took me a while but here are the pictures for the two Model 3s I purchased.

The Teal Blue/ Black Ripple is my wives. Came outfitted with a Schmidt B nib. It's a very smooth writer and my wife LOVES the pen.

Mine is the Green Ripple with a Fine Schmidt nib. Just a little scratchy but it's a good writer. This is now my main pen for work.

This is my first experience with a full ebonite pen and I'm not disappointed. The pens are very well balanced and nicely weighted, warm to the touch, and have a nice solid feeling to them.

Great product quality at this price point.

Will certainly not be my last purchase for a Ranga pen

post-108904-0-02624600-1487987454.jpg

post-108904-0-50753700-1487987461.jpg

post-108904-0-43652900-1487987472.jpg

Alright, so it took me a while but here are the pictures for the two Model 3s I purchased.

The Teal Blue/ Black Ripple is my wives. Came outfitted with a Schmidt B nib. It's a very smooth writer and my wife LOVES the pen.

Mine is the Green Ripple with a Fine Schmidt nib. Just a little scratchy but it's a good writer. This is now my main pen for work.

This is my first experience with a full ebonite pen and I'm not disappointed. The pens are very well balanced and nicely weighted, warm to the touch, and have a nice solid feeling to them.

Great product quality at this price point.

Will certainly not be my last purchase for a Ranga pen

Thanks a lot Sir for your nice picture and details.

It is completely handmade, so there would be little variation from pen to pen.

Please refer our pen making video in youtube

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Good Collection Sir.

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Personally I like Pink/Yellow Model 8 Pen

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thank you for comments Mr. Kandan,

the collection is growing... I will need to take a picture of all my Ranga together sooner or later :)

@mpkandan can you make a model 3 with a wider section?

We can do it Sir. Please note that the section rod stock remains the same. We will turn much deeper for the section.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit tardy, but for anyone who visits this thread as a reference to available colors, here's a photo of my Ranga 3. It's Special Ebonite #14, rose red/blue ripple. Thanks again to Mr. Kandan and Mehandiratta for making these beautiful pens available!

fpn_1489018200__ranga_3_rose_red_blue_ri

Thank you very much - that is indeed useful. Gorgeous pen, and not a colour I'd considered before.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I'm a bit tardy, but for anyone who visits this thread as a reference to available colors, here's a photo of my Ranga 3. It's Special Ebonite #14, rose red/blue ripple. Thanks again to Mr. Kandan and Mehandiratta for making these beautiful pens available!

I always appreciate members posting colour reference photos. And what a great colour combo that is!

Thanks a lot for your pictures Sir.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company