Jomashop ?

Nathanb

Hi All,

Is this online store an authorised MB distributor?

Do they stamp the warranty booklets?

Anyone purchased from them and had a nib exchanged via MB service?

Their prices seem very competitive, a little too competitive for some items...

Thanks,

Nathan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• Nathanb

• CS388

• pen jubky

Top Posters In This Topic

MB used to list all authorized retailers on their site. Not sure if they still do but I would check.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I'm guessing not, since they are not authorized retailers for the watches they sell either. I purchased a watch from them, read online that they are not fakes but pretty much the grey market, which means they either sell watches intended for other markets, or whatever is leftover stock from authorized retailers.

Of course, this is just what I read on the internet--fwiw, I think their stuff is authentic and not necessarily defective. The only difference, if so, would be that any potential issues are fixed by the shop, not xyz brand. If anyone has other info, I would love to know!

I've always been curious about their website also. I researched them a few years ago and didn't find any positive reviews or purchasing experiences from other pen collectors. As such I either purchased from an AD, eBay, and recently on FPN classifieds.

I did notice they state they offer their own in-house warranty rather than the manufacturers.

Their range is quite extensive, with all the new models offered.

Hi All,

Is this online store an authorised MB distributor?

Do they stamp the warranty booklets?

Anyone purchased from them and had a nib exchanged via MB service?

Their prices seem very competitive, a little too competitive for some items...

Thanks,

Nathan

Bought a 149 from them about 9 months ago. They do not stamp the warranty booklet. I did not attempt to do the nib exchange. They are legit. Yes their prices are unusually low sometimes.

Exercise similar caution as with purchasing from, say, Amazon. You will probably get an authentic product but no manufacturer warranty. It's usually a bigger problem with watches and warranty maintenance, but often buying a $6500 watch for $3000 means you can afford to completely write it off and buy it again rather than buying one from an AD. Expect to get something that just needs some tuning from a nibmeister, at worst.

I have bought from Jomashop several times. Their products are authentic and their service is very good. I have always been satisfied with my purchases from them. As it happens, I am waiting for a rouge et noir BP I ordered last week.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

I did search for one Montblanc 149 and pricing from Amazon India, jomashop and discountshop pricing were 30-35 percent less than the retail price. Sometimes offers were around 40 percent but always without montblanc warranty. New pens with box(papers????). Safe to

assume they are so called grey market pens.

Just one question, sorry if the question is inappropriate. All montblanc pens are produced in their factory and after production they will be distributed through their authorized channels for sale and of course with warranty. Then where do these grey market, authentic pens come from?. Are they QC rejected pens from Montblanc and ends up in grey market, the flaw being so minute that it is virtually impossible to find out. Sorry if it's a blunt question, but just curious.

Just one question, sorry if the question is inappropriate. All montblanc pens are produced in their factory and after production they will be distributed through their authorized channels for sale and of course with warranty. Then where do these grey market, authentic pens come from?. Are they QC rejected pens from Montblanc and ends up in grey market, the flaw being so minute that it is virtually impossible to find out. Sorry if it's a blunt question, but just curious.

I've asked this question on this forum before, but never received a satisfactory answer.

It's almost certain they are not pens with flaws, as MB wouldn't let them out of the factory in that condition.

One member suggested bankrupt stock - but it would be difficult to maintain a line of sales, dependent on random stock.

And if they are new, why not with warranty?

Is there a back door at the Hamburg factory?

I'm pleased to see the question again, hoping someone will enlighten us.

I've asked this question on this forum before, but never received a satisfactory answer.

It's almost certain they are not pens with flaws, as MB wouldn't let them out of the factory in that condition.

One member suggested bankrupt stock - but it would be difficult to maintain a line of sales, dependent on random stock.

And if they are new, why not with warranty?

Is there a back door at the Hamburg factory?

I'm pleased to see the question again, hoping someone will enlighten us.

In retail, there is a real Catch-22. To get the lowest per unit prices you need to meet volume quotas but often those volumes are more than you can realistically afford or sell. SO...if you order at the quantity level that gets you the lowest unit price and then resell the units you can't sell at just slightly over your cost to a company like Jomashop it is a win for the dealer and the Grey Market outlet. Companies that are NOT authorized dealers get stock they simply could not otherwise get, the authorized dealer gets his stock at a low price and only Montblanc ends up with the short straw.

In retail, there is a real Catch-22. To get the lowest per unit prices you need to meet volume quotas but often those volumes are more than you can realistically afford or sell. SO...if you order at the quantity level that gets you the lowest unit price and then resell the units you can't sell at just slightly over your cost to a company like Jomashop it is a win for the dealer and the Grey Market outlet. Companies that are NOT authorized dealers get stock they simply could not otherwise get, the authorized dealer gets his stock at a low price and only Montblanc ends up with the short straw.

Aha!

Thanks.

An accurate description of the way it works, but your conclusion is not entirely correct. Actually the one drawing the short straw in the long run are the AD themselves, for as the gray market expands, the more difficult it will be for AD's to compete with the grey market. Eventually many will endup going out of business. Provided they sell out of stock, Montblac never loose.

An accurate description of the way it works, but your conclusion is not entirely correct. Actually the one drawing the short straw in the long run are the AD themselves, for as the gray market expands, the more difficult it will be for AD's to compete with the grey market. Eventually many will endup going out of business. Provided they sell out of stock, Montblac never loose.

ADs have some control over the Grey Market since they control the prices for the product the Grey Market needs.