More Konrad=More Happy

phillieskjk

I like my two Ahabs, but I was put off getting a Konrad because of SBREBrown's experience.

He said that putting a JoWo in there was fraught, because there's a risk of bending the tip.

Anyone have any experience of this?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• lurcho

• Freddy

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like my two Ahabs, but I was put off getting a Konrad because of SBREBrown's experience.

He said that putting a JoWo in there was fraught, because there's a risk of bending the tip.

Anyone have any experience of this?

Huh? Can you be more specific about the problem? I have put other nibs in my Konrads, but I don't understand your question.

Off the top of my head:

4 Parker 25s (one black, the others the usual flighters with a blue trim, though one has been modded with a sonnet nib)

3 Parker 51s (a broad nibbed green frankenpen that has a gold band and lustralloy cap and a couple of black fines)

3 Pelikan 440s, though I'n not sure they count as I had to buy a couple of dead ones before I got hold of one in working order

Quite a few Jinhao 450s and 750s: I'm not sure how many of either I have without checking, but definitely at least three of each...

fpn_1480435050__brhw59_3mfhrb.jpg

Fred

...and now Froggy you'd better use that magic twanger

and become visible

PLUCK your magic twanger Froggy

Hi ya kids Hi ya Hi ya

Your Parker Vac collection is awesome!! Pluck your magic twanger, Froggy, indeed! LOL

Huh? Can you be more specific about the problem? I have put other nibs in my Konrads, but I don't understand your question.

Brown said that replacing the Noodler's nib in the Konrad with a JoWo #6 stock nib was risky because that nib coud bang up against the cap. I.e., that the JoWo nib was bigger, or sat higher in the section than the original nib.

You do get that. I couldn't put a vintage flex in a nib creaper and then close the cap on it as it stuck up a lot higher than the nib that came with.

Brown said that replacing the Noodler's nib in the Konrad with a JoWo #6 stock nib was risky because that nib coud bang up against the cap. I.e., that the JoWo nib was bigger, or sat higher in the section than the original nib.

That is not my experience. The Goulet nib projects further into the pen barrel and impedes the piston a bit (you won't get as large of a fill). Brian Goulet explains this in the video with the release of his nibs.

Edited by TSherbs

I seem to be crazy for Parker 45's and Pelikan 120's, school pens that are rock solid and feel good in the hand. Recently the Parker 75 bug bit though...

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I really like the Konrad's form factor. I have difficulty imagining a more comfortable pen. I might have gotten more Konrads, had not the first one had the bad habit of drying out.

To the point that I had to dunk the nib in water to get flow to resume.

In less than four hours.

Even when capped.

Has Mr. Tardif gotten that particular bit of misbehavior sorted out?

That is not my experience. The Goulet nib projects further into the pen barrel and impedes the piston a bit (you won't get as large of a fill). Brian Goulet explains this in the video with the release of his nibs.

Cheers. That's handy info.