Jinhao X450 Fountain Pen

Cause

I finally got my X450 in the mail. I ordered one for like 2$ maybe 4 months ago. The seller even refunded me a few weeks ago when i complained it never arrived. Now that I have it I am debating contacting the seller to pay him since the product did arrive no matter how late. However, looking at my pen I see it used a #5 nib. I thought the Jinhoa pens use a #6 and that makes changing the Nibs so easy. Did I get ripped off? Is this right for a Jinhoa X450? I cant believe a pen that is so cheap and already copying other brands would itself have cheap knock offs running around.

Jinhao X450 Fountain Pen

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cause

• Sasha Royale

• PaganArcher

• Pichak

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jinhao X-450 is one of my favorite Chinese fountain pen. I bought it about 5 or 6 pens for myself and giveaway. All X-450 I got use number 6 nibs.

http://www.uppic.org/thumb-1EC0_583CE0AF.jpg

Compare nib size (L2R) : Sailor 1911 Standard (number 5 nib), Jinhao X-450, Delta Dolcevita (number 6 nib)

http://www.uppic.org/thumb-625C_583CE0AF.jpg

Not all Jinhao Fountain Pens use number 6 nib. The X-250, 886, 163 and many models are use number 5 nib. My Jinhao pens that use number 6 nib are X-450, X-750 and 159.

I think you will enjoy the good service from your Jinhao x450 fountain pen. I like mine enough to amass a few more. You were given a refund because you did not receive the pen. You HAVE the pen. Though the delay was annoying, the delay cost you nothing. You owe the seller for the pen.

It is a debt that the seller cannot collect from you. It cannot be enforced. It is, therefore, a debt of honor. You must pay it.

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Okay I guess the #5 nib was just bad luck. The pen for 2$ is fantastic. The looks are decent, its has a classic look and does look good but you can see on a closer pen that its a 'cheap' pen. The materials lack that extra polish. Still for what you pay for it, its a great job. The pen writes well, an absolute nail with not the slightest bit of line variation but its decently wet with no line skipping no matter how much or how fast I write.

I think it will be a definite staple of mine. Great for when I need another pen for a new ink or for gifting to acquire new converts to the glory that is fountain pen!