FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Can Any One Help Me Please.
Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:16
Does anyone know of the history, value, how best to refurbish it and how to care for it. The pen was in a box of bits and bobs at a church sale many years ago and I recently came across it in my attic.
I would be grateful if anyone could help.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:53
I have fairly broad experience of Mabie Todd products; to me that pen should be numbered 5245 - 45 is the MT code for grey marble. Blackbirds were numbered 5 for the first digit. MAny MT pens were not stamped with any number.
If you wish I can restore your pen - please PM for details; I am fairlyb well known around here should you wish a reference.
A value estimate would be easier to make on inspection of the pen.
Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:51
Cob is the go to Mabie Todd authority in much of FPN. You are fortunate to be in the UK so you can more easily collaborate with him!
Many thanks for the vote of confidence, Greenie!
Any joy yet in the search for a plug-filler?
Posted 28 November 2016 - 18:49
No luck. The last one I saw for sale was a giant #5, so it went for quite some money. Still waiting for a more lowly #2 in hard rubber.
As far as I recall all the plug fillers had either No 3 or No 5 nibs. The one that got lost had a 3.