The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which One Would You Like To Add Next?

pelikan collection grail wishlist collecting

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#41 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:18

Just bought my first Pelikan, that too the M400 tortoise brown. I was looking for a daily writer and so the size and F nib work perfect. Got a great deal too since I was in Malaysia and they're way cheaper here.

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

My Instagram account --> link

Sponsored Content

#42 invisuu

invisuu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2016 - 21:31

Just bought my first Pelikan, that too the M400 tortoise brown. I was looking for a daily writer and so the size and F nib work perfect. Got a great deal too since I was in Malaysia and they're way cheaper here.

Nice, congrats! I'm waiting for mine - it's on its way. What are your thoughts about it?

#43 siamackz

siamackz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,596 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:29

I really like it. I think the nib might be a bit over polished (baby's bottom) but it's really quite a wonderful experience. Glassy smooth, as opposed to my sailor gold nib that has a little more tooth (which I do like). The Pelikan is just superbly balanced though, and the piston is smooth.
The best part though, is just how beautiful the pen is! It's truly exquisite. Not much better out there at this price.

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

My Instagram account --> link

#44 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,515 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:45

My wallet is on vacation until January but that hasn't stopped me from working with the flock and trying to decide some of the purchases for next year (part of the impetus for this thread btw).  And I'm seriously considering taking Bo Bo's suggestion to do Pen of the Quarter instead of Pen of the Week.  That said, and barring any excitement being announced from the mothership, I believe the one big hole in my collection needs attention and that is the lack of an M1000.  So the first planned purchase for the New Year is a new green-striped M1000.  And if I get on eBay it will be to sell not to shop.  At least until Jan 2nd   ;)

Edited by BillH, 21 December 2016 - 01:46.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#45 Inkedinker

Inkedinker

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 15:52

I'm thinking of adding either a 120, 140, 400N, 400NN or pre-97 Brown Tortoise M400. Eventually all of them... but for now, just one more.
The pen, is truly mightier than the sword!

#46 nyx_h

nyx_h

Rhodium Trimmed

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:06

My wallet is on vacation until January but that hasn't stopped me from working with the flock and trying to decide some of the purchases for next year (part of the impetus for this thread btw).  And I'm seriously considering taking Bo Bo's suggestion to do Pen of the Quarter instead of Pen of the Week.  That said, and barring any excitement being announced from the mothership, I believe the one big hole in my collection needs attention and that is the lack of an M1000.  So the first planned purchase for the New Year is a new green-striped M1000.  And if I get on eBay it will be to sell not to shop.  At least until Jan 2nd   ;)

A M1000 will be a worthy addition to the collection! They're spectacular writers.

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel. 

Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

#47 Inkedinker

Inkedinker

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2016 - 19:40

Well I guess there are still a few more days until 2016 is over... I did buy a 140 barrel and cap for the 140 nib I currently have. I have a 400n in my sights...
The pen, is truly mightier than the sword!

#48 Warnerbaw

Warnerbaw

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:00

My next Pelikan will be an M600 in red, which I will buy after my birthday when the appropriate funds have been secured!

Edited by Warnerbaw, 31 December 2016 - 02:05.

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.

-Albert Einstein

#49 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,515 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2016 - 15:41

My next Pelikan will be an M600 in red, which I will buy after my birthday when the appropriate funds have been secured!

That's a gorgeous pen, you're going to love it.  Great size too.  What nib?

#50 Christopher Godfrey

Christopher Godfrey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Location:Gloucester (The Perfect Storm one, in Massachusetts)
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 20:05

When I win the lottery, I shall have a vintage "lizard", a vintage Toledo and perhaps one or two of those more funky-coloured bindes of the 100 models of the 1930s (I don't want much!). I might also buy an 800 or 1000 demonstrator, whilst I am at it!

And pigs might fly...

#51 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,515 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 20:44

I think Christopher has just designated a new category of wish list pen, for those who object to the term "grail pen" as no longer having meaning...

flying pig

And Christopher, that flying pig list of yours resembles my own (minus the demonstrators).

btw, Happy New Year all.

#52 Highbinder

Highbinder

Strange

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 23:32

I'd like to pick up a 400NN in excellent (no brassing and good clarity) condition. I'd like it with the fattest nib I can find (an OBB would suit just right). It seems the going price has risen, at least on fleabay they seem to be averaging around the £120 mark at the moment. 

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i 

#53 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:57

I have my fill of the vintage 400 400NN and 140. I would now like to have the gold capped 500NN or is it called something else? I have my eyes on the 100 and 100N also. I have a green body IBIS but it has cracks near where the blind cap is. So I would like to have a good expample gold nibbed IBIS too.

I have much less interest in modern Pels. However, I wouldnt mind buying a M800 and a M1000 at some later stage. I was able to grab a M600 old style for something like $55 on a local auction site. The pen is like new with an OB nib.
Khan M. Ilyas

#54 stephanos

stephanos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2017 - 22:12

On the vintage side, I would like a Lizard, or one of the earliest tortoise models (100 series). In terms of modern Pelikans, I really like the natural world M640 series (Mount Everest, Niagara Falls, etc). But I've made peace with the fact that I'm unlikely to find these models at affordable prices. 

Apart from that, I'm pretty much done. The prices on new models have passed the point where I can justify buying them. (For what it's worth, since we're in the realm of flying pigs, the very beautiful M1000 raden starlight would probably be what I'd choose if someone were to offer to give me me any one Pelikan.)

#55 Christopher Godfrey

Christopher Godfrey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Location:Gloucester (The Perfect Storm one, in Massachusetts)
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2017 - 16:50

Apologies, BillH, if I seemed to divert the thread content or subject: it wasn't intentional!  (Oink, oink!)

However, I'm glad someone else evidently has superb taste in fountain pens (are there any other kinds?)  Oooh, I so want that lizard...

#56 ian1964

ian1964

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 17:55

I have been wanting  the 2015 SE  Amethyst  Demonstrator for a while now and last night while on night duty I got my daily email fro Massdrop...25 availible for under $120. Yes, I got one of them.   A very happy start to 2017 :)

#57 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,515 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 18:40

ian1964, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the Amethyst when I got mine.  Happy start to 2017 indeed.

My happy start included the maillady finally making it through the snow and guck to deliver what turned out to be a very nice 400 grey stripe, so that is one wish crossed off the list.

I have a couple bids entered but my bids tend to be not exactly sumgai bids but they aren't full boat either... if I get 1 out of four or five pens I bid on I know I've gotten a good price, unless it's something I -have- to have  :angry: then I might bid up.  Right now I don't have one of those and will try to hold off until late next month or March (as close to Pen of the Quarter as I'm likely to get).

Was looking at old posts and blogs lately and noticed there were a lot of rumors and announcements last year at this time... this year pretty silent.  I wonder what the mothership has in store?  Every time I get tempted to blow the budget on a couple pens already on the list I tell myself "no, with your luck as soon as you do that Pelikan will announce an M800 Mother of Pearl or an M600 Tortoise..."

So far, it's been working.  But come on Pelikan, help some pathetic addicts dedicated fans and collectors out here and give us a hint.   :lticaptd:

#58 oldrifleman

oldrifleman

Extremely Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 22:00

I am also hooked on the M8XX series and would love to see the return of the red stripe, or the vibrant green.

#59 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 22:13

^

Pelikan are going to be stuck when they run out of colours.

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

#60 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:50

Was looking at old posts and blogs lately and noticed there were a lot of rumors and announcements last year at this time... this year pretty silent.  I wonder what the mothership has in store?  Every time I get tempted to blow the budget on a couple pens already on the list I tell myself "no, with your luck as soon as you do that Pelikan will announce an M800 Mother of Pearl or an M600 Tortoise..."

So far, it's been working.  But come on Pelikan, help some pathetic addicts dedicated fans and collectors out here and give us a hint.   :lticaptd:

I was thinking the same thing. All is quiet in the Pelikan front.

But I don't have as much self restraint as you and already blew my whole "yearly" budget in lesser other pens :( . Now I'm starting to get afraid that they will indeed release that fabled M800 Mother of Pearl  :) , or even a white tortoise one, or a M1000 Stresemann, etc.   :gaah:

Edited by Lam1, 12 January 2017 - 03:56.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, collection, grail, wishlist, collecting

Sponsored Content

|