The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker Maxima Uk Duofold- My Favorite Daily Workhorse.

parker parker duofold uk maxima aerometric

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Penlvr

Penlvr

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2016 - 20:01

IMG_7107.JPG IMG_7102.JPG IMG_7107.JPG

I purchased this Parker Maxima UK Duofold 1958+ Aerometric filler by winning the eBay auction. My British friend had given me her late mother's Maxima- a teal one, that I have kept safe by not using it. However, I was always wanting to buy and try one in my daily library work. With a librarian's salary, it is difficult to afford such pleasures. I saved and saved and then I got it. I was pleased with this large formal and formidable-looking black Parker Maxima. It came from the UK and it was worth a wait due to a weak Sterling and a strong dollar. It writes wet medium line that is extremely beautiful. The ink I used was Waterman Serenity Blue. I am loving this pen and posting my limited first review. Enjoy the pictures.

IMG_7111.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 usk15

usk15

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2016 - 21:10

Beautiful pen! Well done!

#3 T4TEXAS

T4TEXAS

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:12

A handsome pen. Congratulations!

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

SnailBadge.png

#4 Osmaroid

Osmaroid

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:15

A nice pen indeed. The UK Duofolds are somewhat unknown this side of the pond, but are lovely pens. I find that most of these 50+ year old pens still have great, glass smooth nibs (though rarely flex) - and this is without any nib work being needed, a rarity among most other  pens. The Maxima is the king of them, a gorgeous pen with a large, smooth nib (the only one with an Arrow nib, I believe) - a joy to use. I also like their understated styling and limited color range - to me, an approach that is very sophisticated. As a transplanted Brit, it is a joy to have a fairly good collection of all models of these pens - the pens I always lusted after as a school boy (fountain pens were compulsory) but was never able to afford. Congratulations on a great find that also seems to be in great condition.

#5 Edelstein

Edelstein

Indonesian Fountain Pen Community

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:23

whoa duofold as a workhorse :thumbup:

i just stick with my pilot Metro for daily workhorse pen..

#6 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 20:13

What a wonderful daily companion! Congratulations on finding a superb pen, and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.

ron

#7 Penlvr

Penlvr

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2016 - 15:51

I am sorry for a sort of not so good review of a wonderful pen. I had never used something like this pen before. I was usually using pens like Pilot Metropolitan, Lamy Al-Star or Jinhao X 450 given librarian's salary. Of course, all these pens are good starter and daily use pens. However, the life changed with my British colleagues introduced me to the wonderful world of UK Parkers. Beechwood was helpful with Parker Superduofold 17. I will post its review one of these days during the holidays. Yes, Parker Maxima it is- my daily workhorse. I live once as I know so I will use it and enjoy it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, parker duofold, uk, maxima, aerometric

Sponsored Content

|