52 Gamble

Left FPN

Yes, another gamble pen which I have been tracking and had plenty of time to ask question before bidding.

I am aware it has a bent nib but it looks superficial. The rest of the pen looks in fair condition.

Picture from the listing...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• drop_m

• PAKMAN

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shot!

The HR seems to be in pristine conditions, the trim is in solid gold - if that i see are autenticity stamps - and, in case of an irreparable nib, waterman's n°2 are common

How much for this one, if i can ask?

Yep, looks like a great pickup. In my experience that configuration (one narrow solid gold band) is not common either. Is it 9K?

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Yep, looks like a great pickup. In my experience that configuration (one narrow solid gold band) is not common either. Is it 9K?

Best Regards, greg

From this picture it states 375 so yes 9K

Nice find! Hope the nib is an easy fix, the chasing looks great!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

A pen in this condition is worthy of a clip replacement, in my opinion

The lever seems to be in solid gold too, from the last photo you posted

A pen in this condition is worthy of a clip replacement, in my opinion
The lever seems to be in solid gold too, from the last photo you posted

It may not have had a clip. Some do/did not.

Aye, i know and i've just a little question regarding this matter: are the clipless full size 52 (5x) common?

In my little experience i've seen only 1/2 and 1/2v without a clip.. and a lot of 52 with a broken one

The pen arrived this morning and I am pleased because it is a true clip less i.e. no holes.

A few more pics.

The bent nib looks to be within my capability.

One solid sac.

The lever and pressure bar are very good with no bends.

The cap band is hallmarked 9.375, lower case 'k' and a lions head so that translates to 9K, London, and from the 'k' style 1925.

The overhaul now begins...slowly.

The seller has provided some information on the pens backgound. It was bought and owned by her Granny (1897-2007). Upon her death it has been stored by the seller in her garage. From this she was probably the original buyer in 1925 and single owner.

Nice one Force....

I love to see how you progress from dallying with contemporary pens to quite serious restorations and vintage pens over the years I follow you here on FPN.

Both your courage and your skill in this vastly surpasses mine....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Nice one Force....

I love to see how you progress from dallying with contemporary pens to quite serious restorations and vintage pens over the years I follow you here on FPN.

Both your courage and your skill in this vastly surpasses mine....

D.ick

In my early life I suffered very bad with nerves UNTIL my children appeared plus working with some really good people whose confidence and I have to say bravery made me more confident in anything and everything I did. I suppose some may think its foolish with pens but its only another thing to learn. Yes it may go wrong but more times it works out ok. I can tell you that warming this pen with a hot air gun, to remove the feed assembly, did have me going back a few years.

Richard Binder suggests a 15 sac for the 52. The above sac is a 17 and looks better and closer to the sac removed which I think may well have been near 18. Three others suggest 17 or 18. So I will use the above 17.

Ah! Lovely nib rescue there Force. :notworthy1:

Thanks. It was a fairly simple fix. Lay the nibs tines onto a smooth piece of wood and stroke the back with a burnishing tool while gently lifting the tail end of the nib.

Very nice find and good job on the restoration! I know you will enjoy this beauty!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Good job!

The next step is a writing sample :D

A while yet because I am ordering some barrel/cap internal cleaning brushes. I do not want to remove the pressure bar so intend cleaning it in situ.

Nib, feed and sac set which will be well adhered by the time they arrive.